We better get used to Balogh...

Gimme an H...

HillmanHearts

Trying to look on the bright side : maybe an extended run for Balogh will improve his confidence and result in better performances.

Trying to look on the bright side : maybe an extended run for Balogh will improve his confidence and result in better performances.

:laugh:

You're on the wrong site, pal.

Gimme an H...

Lets ****ing hope so!

As fans we really need to start to get behind all of our players, irrespective of whether we think they are good enough or not, particularly when confindence is low following some bad defeats.

Booing players when they are announced will not make them play better FACT

Booing players when they come on will not make them play better FACT

Booing players when they make a mistake will not make them play better FACT

Cheering, in an ironic/sarcastic way, when they are subbed will not boost confidence FACT

Ironic cheers when a keeper catches a ball will not boost confidence FACT

Shouting offensive and personal abuse at a player will not make them play better FACT

Getting behind the team, shouting encouragement, becoming the 12th man and creating a positive atmosphere will help performance FACT

As fans we really need to start to get behind all of our players, irrespective of whether we think they are good enough or not, particularly when confindence is low following some bad defeats.

Cheering, in an ironic/sarcastic way, when they are subbed will not boost confidence FACT

Shouting offensive and personal abuse at a player will not make them play better FACT

Getting behind the team, shouting encouragement, becoming the 12th man and creating a positive atmosphere will help performance FACT

Post of the month so far no question:2thumbsup:

now where is that mana button?

Come to think of it I wonder if JKB would be a happier place if mana to give was still available. now all we seem to have is report a bad post type thing.

It's all gone negative somewhere along the line. perhaps it is a sign of the times in society.

Anyway enough of that

Come on the HEARTS

Johanes de Silentio

Could not agree more, sir! Get behind our team!:2thumbsup:

peebles jambo

think we've got to get used to crap players, our team is filled with them, obua, nade and suso, plus a few more to boot, as well as balogh

Balogh is s***e! FACT

Tommy Wiseau

It's funny how 2 poor performances and Balogh has become a new whipping boy.

Last season he was a key player for us - London Hearts' stats show that he made 21 appearances and conceded only 14 goals, with 8 clean sheets. We only conceded more than one goal with him in the team once - when we conceded 2 against Celtic last November.

But hey, he made a mistake against Celtic and was shaky in the next game, so GTF eh? People might be falling over themselves now to try and hate him more than everyone else does, but just because it's fashionable to slate him doesn't make it right. Jose Goncalves was derided as being garbage as well not so long ago. Some people said he was a good player who had lost confidence and form thanks to poor management. Some people said "GTF, he's sh**e". Says it all.

Maybe people should have a look at the quality chances we are giving away this season and think about what has changed in our team that may have influenced that.

I'll give you a hint - one of them is playing Premiership football right now, one is a Greek fella we couldn't afford to keep, and another is a "bombscare" who has been injured since returning from suspension. You might also want to add in a defensively sound but technically weak throw in expert, or a Portugese gentleman with a boxer's nose whose departure has necessitated a change in the entire shape of our team.

It's much easier to tear into players and call for them to "GTF", though, so crack on.

Last season he was a key player for us - London Hearts' stats show that he made 21 appearances and conceded only 14 goals, with 8 clean sheets. We only conceded more than one goal with him in the team once - when we conceded 2 against Celtic last November.

But hey, he made a mistake against Celtic and was shaky in the next game, so GTF eh? People might be falling over themselves now to try and hate him more than everyone else does, but just because it's fashionable to slate him doesn't make it right. Jose Goncalves was derided as being garbage as well not so long ago. Some people said he was a good player who had lost confidence and form thanks to poor management. Some people said "GTF, he's sh**e". Says it all.

Maybe people should have a look at the quality chances we are giving away this season and think about what has changed in our team that may have influenced that.

I'll give you a hint - one of them is playing Premiership football right now, one is a Greek fella we couldn't afford to keep, and another is a "bombscare" who has been injured since returning from suspension. You might also want to add in a defensively sound but technically weak throw in expert, or a Portugese gentleman with a boxer's nose whose departure has necessitated a change in the entire shape of our team.

It's much easier to tear into players and call for them to "GTF", though, so crack on.

I take you back to last season v Hibs at Easter Road - the goal off Fletcher's shoulder - hummin last season, hummin this season.

Tommy Wiseau
I take you back to last season v Hibs at Easter Road - the goal off Fletcher's shoulder - hummin last season, hummin this season.

Nonsense.

Nonsense.

And another from last season - the goal he let in against Celtic at Tynie after 30 seconds.

Can someone add a poll to the thread to see who thinks he is rubbish and who thinks he is any good?

Just to add - he is a total bombscare at crossed balls, gives no confidence at all to his defenders and his positional sense is rank-rotten.

And another from last season - the goal he let in against Celtic at Tynie after 30 seconds.

Can someone add a poll to the thread to see who thinks he is rubbish and who thinks he is any good?

Just to add - he is a total bombscare at crossed balls, gives no confidence at all to his defenders and his positional sense is rank-rotten.

I take you back to easter road in the scottish cup. Fletcher one on one with balogh, done very well to stay up then stop fletcher getting round him. At 0-0, had that gone in, we may not have gone through

I take you back to easter road in the scottish cup. Fletcher one on one with balogh, done very well to stay up then stop fletcher getting round him. At 0-0, had that gone in, we may not have gone through

I take you back to the St Johnstone game, Celtic game and Hamilton game this season where he was complete and utter gash, looking totally petrified whenever the ball was being put in his box.

He is nowhere near the standard of keeper we should be playing imo - fair enough like ANY keeper he can have a good game and a blinding save no and again, but over the long haul, for me he is nowhere near good enough.

However, that does not mean to say I would boo him at a game or give him abuse - there is no point in making him even more nervous and incompetent.

Tommy Wiseau

At least you're trying to give examples. I've asked this question before only for the thread to strangely drop off the page with no further replies.

That said, you've given two examples, one of which he may have felt he could have done better with - but one that he was way down the line of responsibility for (and was a firmly hit, free header into the bottom corner after 30 seconds of the game, a period where no goalkeeper should ever have to be tested to that extent) - and a freak goal that looped up off the striker's shoulder. Neither of those goals go down as goakeeping howlers, for me.

Hardly a convincing case against Balogh, I'm afraid.

Tommy Wiseau
I take you back to the St Johnstone game, Celtic game and Hamilton game this season where he was complete and utter gash, looking totally petrified whenever the ball was being put in his box.

He is nowhere near the standard of keeper we should be playing imo - fair enough like ANY keeper he can have a good game and a blinding save no and again, but over the long haul, for me he is nowhere near good enough.

However, that does not mean to say I would boo him at a game or give him abuse - there is no point in making him even more nervous and incompetent.

How, then, do you explain the stats I posted earlier? Last season he conceded significantly less than one goal a game, and only once conceded more than once in the same game - yet this season we are conceding more than a goal a game.

The goalkeeper has not changed, but the defenders around him have.

I'm not disputing that he's low on confidence right now and ideally would be taken out of the side to build that back, but the dramatic swing against the guy over the last month has been ridiculous.

This should be posted on the walls of all the stands at tynie ! Can't stand this "we are here to be entertain" "we've paid our money" nonesense !

Get behind the team for the full 90 mins !

Good post! :10900:

You are spot on, I'm not one for booing myself, however, a positive from booing if there can be one, not that it seems to make any difference, is that the management will know the fans aint happy with certain choices.

Nelly Terraces

Hope Balogh comes good, but as per usual, some utter guff spouted on here about it being the fans fault for players being garbage.

Snake Plissken

He has some good qualities but he does let in far too many soft goals and you never really feel confident with him in goals.

Kello's a superior keeper to Balogh but since Kello's injured I guess we're stuck with him.

Johanes de Silentio
Hope Balogh comes good, but as per usual, some utter guff spouted on here about it being the fans fault for players being garbage.

Getting on the players' backs doesn't help.

At least you're trying to give examples. I've asked this question before only for the thread to strangely drop off the page with no further replies.

That said, you've given two examples, one of which he may have felt he could have done better with - but one that he was way down the line of responsibility for (and was a firmly hit, free header into the bottom corner after 30 seconds of the game, a period where no goalkeeper should ever have to be tested to that extent) - and a freak goal that looped up off the striker's shoulder. Neither of those goals go down as goakeeping howlers, for me.

Hardly a convincing case against Balogh, I'm afraid.

While I agree that there's very little to be gained from turning Balogh into our most current whipping boy, I can sympathise with those who simply feel that there's something not right with him at the moment. You can go through all the games and performances as much as you want and look for specific examples of something he did wrong, but for me it's as simple as the fact that every time I see him play at the moment he makes me feel very nervous.

Not necessarily because of big, glaring muck ups...it's just little things...he looks nervy, uncertain, indecisive, his body language is anything but confident, there appears to be occasional communication issues between him and the defenders (who look equally nervy whenever they're waiting for him to make a decision)...and it doesn't help that he looks really very unhappy most of the time. I don't expect a keeper to stand there grinning like a loon but it's obvious that there's something(s) bothering him.

Personally, I think Kello is better.

Balogh does make some good saves, but too many mistakes.

The issue I have is people slate him, yet Henry Smith is a hero despite regulalry dropping tbe ball and making big mistakes in big games.

Johanes de Silentio
Personally, I think Kello is better.

Balogh does make some good saves, but too many mistakes.

The issue I have is people slate him, yet Henry Smith is a hero despite regulalry dropping tbe ball and making big mistakes in big games.

Not that regularly, actually!

To be fair I thought he was pretty poor last season as well. He seems too keen to come off his line - in the games against Falkirk (in the cup), Aberdeen (Mackie's goal) and Fletcher's goal he would have saved them all if he'd been stood on his line.

I'm not that keen on Kello either but if he could sustain the form he had post-split last season he'd be ok.

Balogh is clearly lacking confidence at the moment. He's got little to no command of his box or the level of communication with the back four required to operate as a unit. Last week Thompson nearly took his head off when clearing a ball in the second half.

He needs a few good games under his belt before he believes in himself again.

Training, Training, Match Practice and more Training required!

Tommy Wiseau
While I agree that there's very little to be gained from turning Balogh into our most current whipping boy, I can sympathise with those who simply feel that there's something not right with him at the moment. You can go through all the games and performances as much as you want and look for specific examples of something he did wrong, but for me it's as simple as the fact that every time I see him play at the moment he makes me feel very nervous.

Not necessarily because of big, glaring muck ups...it's just little things...he looks nervy, uncertain, indecisive, his body language is anything but confident, there appears to be occasional communication issues between him and the defenders (who look equally nervy whenever they're waiting for him to make a decision)...and it doesn't help that he looks really very unhappy most of the time. I don't expect a keeper to stand there grinning like a loon but it's obvious that there's something(s) bothering him.

Which is why I said that it's clear he's lacking confidence and would ideally be removed from the team to get his form back. I wouldn't have played him at all after his mistake against Celtic, because he's always been a goalkeeper who like to come and try to punch balls clear. After making an error like he did in that game, there was always a massive risk he'd over-compensate and make the situation worse for himself.

I think that has happened and I agree that he looks shaky at the moment.

The point stands that I don't think he has cost us goals in nearly the way that is claimed on here quite often, though.

To be fair I thought he was pretty poor last season as well. He seems too keen to come off his line - in the games against Falkirk (in the cup), Aberdeen (Mackie's goal) and Fletcher's goal he would have saved them all if he'd been stood on his line.

I'm not that keen on Kello either but if he could sustain the form he had post-split last season he'd be ok.

I would disagree, obviously. If we really did have a poor goalkeeper for those 21 games he played in, we'd have conceded a lot more than 14 goals. I think to say he was poor last season is harsh in the extreme. We had one of the best defences in the league last year (best outside the OF IIRC) and he was a consistent part of that.

I do appreciate that he comes off his line a lot and it jangles the nerves of folk, but if he didn't come off his line a lot of different folk would have their nerves jangling as well. I think that he's been coming off his line a whole lot more this season, noticeably so. I'd put that down to the defence in front of him being different - would you trust Berra, Karipidis or Zaliukas over Bouzid or Goncalves to clear a crossed ball in the air? It's a no brainer.

His only clean sheet of the season, incidentally, came against Zagreb, when Zaliukas was playing. I thought he came for crosses a lot less often in that game, and I don't think it's coincidence.

I just think we're really quick to dismiss players as 'gash' when there are much deeper reasons than ability behind their poor form. That's not 'blaming' the fans for players' performances (I've not seen anyone do that on this thread, despite comments) - it's just a suggestion that it's very easy for us to forget about the reasons why someone's form is poor.

I don't think anyone is saying that all is rosey and that all of our players are of the required standard. I also don't see anyone saying that the players aren't performing well because of the fans.

What is being said is that booing and publicly criticising is not going to help performances improve.

I'd by lying if I said I wasn't disappointed at this.

I'm a big fan of Marian Kello, he'd be my number 1.

Although, hopefully this will see the end of the goalkeeping merry-go-round that can only hinder a defence. We need to get a settled back 4 in place, with an established goalkeeper behind them.

Guest JamboRobbo

Despite all the debates, and all the opinions that "player X is a nightmare" and "player Y is a hero" (usually after someone does something good or makes a mistake in a particular game), if you look at the bigger picture over the past season or two, it's pretty clear there is still nothing to pick between the 3 mediocre goalkeepers at our club.

None of them are Roddy Mackenzie (although they ain't much better than that), and none of them are anywhere near being the next Craig Gordon.

Mediocrity rules between the sticks at Tynie.

He is doing ok for me in FIFA 10 although this has to be one of the most unrealistic games i have ever played as we beat St Mirren 2-1 and Nade scored with a cracking Header.

I don't think anyone is saying that all is rosey and that all of our players are of the required standard. I also don't see anyone saying that the players aren't performing well because of the fans.

What is being said is that booing and publicly criticising is not going to help performances improve.

Well if I'm not performing at work I don't think my boss or colleagues would start singing my praises. I think some of this team should grow a backbone and start performing. I'm not going to start praising players that are playing badly. This aint school football.

Well if I'm not performing at work I don't think my boss or colleagues would start singing my praises. I think some of this team should grow a backbone and start performing. I'm not going to start praising players that are playing badly. This aint school football.

Using your analogy, I have no problems with Csaba or the players constructively criticising each other behind close doors.

However if you were to be booed as you walk into the office, or if your customers phoned to boo you or personally criticise you, or if your boss started calling you a fat, lazy b&stard* would it make you any better in your job?

* Disclaimer: I have no idea if you are fat or lazy!

Johanes de Silentio

Nobody's advocating praise for a player who not playing well, maybe rather a "Hard lines, mate - never mind son" than the usual "For ****'s sake ya useless *******" kind of thing, maybe?

Bouzid was recently given some well-earned kudos on JKB for encouraging a temporarily struggling Craig Thomson, who then reverted to his usual fine form.

Our captain Michael Stewart's approach to geeing up his team-mates is giving them a bollocking for his own mistakes, and flying into questionable tackles when he's already on a yellow!

While it's true that some players need to buck up, it's also undeniable that relentless barracking does no good whatsoever.

Which is why I said that it's clear he's lacking confidence and would ideally be removed from the team to get his form back. I wouldn't have played him at all after his mistake against Celtic, because he's always been a goalkeeper who like to come and try to punch balls clear. After making an error like he did in that game, there was always a massive risk he'd over-compensate and make the situation worse for himself.

I think that has happened and I agree that he looks shaky at the moment.

The point stands that I don't think he has cost us goals in nearly the way that is claimed on here quite often, though.

Yep, that about sums it up for me.

I don't think he's cost us goals all that much, but he does constantly look like he's just about to cost us goals at the moment. Given that he hasn't had much of a workout from our recent opposition (depressing, but very true), you have to wonder if we've gotten off lightly with his lack of form. Had our opponents done a better job of testing him, things could have been worse....

Harry Palmer
Despite all the debates, and all the opinions that "player X is a nightmare" and "player Y is a hero" (usually after someone does something good or makes a mistake in a particular game), if you look at the bigger picture over the past season or two, it's pretty clear there is still nothing to pick between the 3 mediocre goalkeepers at our club.

None of them are Roddy Mackenzie (although they ain't much better than that), and none of them are anywhere near being the next Craig Gordon.

Mediocrity rules between the sticks at Tynie.

I agree with this but it seems to have been strangely overlooked.:stuart:

I was a fan of Balogh, thought he was good when he arrived but he is seriously lacking in confidence. Ironic cheering when he catches a cross, or kicks the ball over the halfway line, which I'm sorry to say I took part in.....why?

Kello scares me everytime he goes for a cross. As does Balogh.

MacDonald: having not seen enough of him, I am not in the position to pass judgement.

MacDonald: having not seen enough of him, I am not in the position to pass judgement.

You must be new to this Kickback stuff.

Harry Palmer
You must be new to this Kickback stuff.

OK then: He's pish and shouldn't wear the strip again..etc etc etc:smiley2:

MacDonald GTF. :10900:

Is that better?

OK then: He's pish and shouldn't wear the strip again..etc etc etc:smiley2:

MacDonald GTF. :10900:

Is that better?

Much.

:thumb:

Using your analogy, I have no problems with Csaba or the players constructively criticising each other behind close doors.

However if you were to be booed as you walk into the office, or if your customers phoned to boo you or personally criticise you, or if your boss started calling you a fat, lazy b&stard* would it make you any better in your job?

* Disclaimer: I have no idea if you are fat or lazy!

I don't think it's anyones aim when they walk through the turnstiles is to think right today who can i get on the back of. but i also think that most peoples gripes with players has notrhing to do with ability and it's the fact that some of them seem not to give a ****. I don't know any player personally so if i am wrong i wholeheartidly apologise. I can forgive lack of ability, but lack of effort is unforgiveable.

and to answer your final question no people calling me a fat lazy barsteward would probably have no effect on me as if i was the sort of perdson that warranted such abuse i probably wouldn't care what other people thought of me.

Gods a Jambo

For me Balogh is dire and should have cost us many more goals had it not been for luck. Every single corner he looks like a sunday league player, the hamilton goal, he actually allowed the boy to score at his near post.

All of the above is my opinion and as a paying supporter of the club i will give that opinion in anyway i see fit, if people disagree that is their choice but, the cheerleader brigade do my nut in. i dont boo players but, i wont clap like a seal and shout words of encouragement to a player who earns thousands of pounds a week, so as to offer him some further encouragment to perform.

The manager has a role to play also, in that, he should spot a player not performing and make the nessesary change. That said, i have yet to hear a player say he should be dropped.

Archived