Something Positive

Del1812

Craig Thomson's set piece deliveries continue to be a great threat at any point in the game.

All from Thomson's deliveries:

First half

Witteveen header that loops past Gallacher and is cleared off the line.

Obua rises highest to power a low header that is cleared/saved.

Goncalves scores when he gets up highest to head past Gallacher.

Second half

Thomson unlucky not to score from free-kick as Gallacher just manages to bundle the ball wide.

Obua misses late header from a corner.

Our goal today was the 4th goal that we have scored directly from a Craig Thomson set-piece already. Bruno was responsible for quite a few last season, I think I counted 8, but it looks already like Thommo will easily eclipse that number.

Keep up the good work wee man.

Better call Saul
Craig Thomson's set piece deliveries continue to be a great threat at any point in the game.

First half

Second half

Thomson unlucky not to score from free-kick as Gallacher just manages to bundle the ball wide.

Our goal today was the 4th goal that we have scored directly from a Craig Thomson set-piece already. Bruno was responsible for quite a few last season, I think I counted 8, but it looks already like Thommo will easily eclipse that number.

I Like Thomson sadly though his talents will be wasted whilst the Vlad is at the helm

Captain America

In the 2nd half it was only way we were going to get a goal, i can only think of one bad delivery all game, him and Jose playing well again and Eggy on bench(to take over CM position) are only positive's i can take from today.

Having to get train back with my St Mirren supporting father in law was not a positive.

:2thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow
I Like Thomson sadly though his talents will be wasted whilst the Vlad is at the helm

how did you come to that conclusion?

In the 2nd half it was only way we were going to get a goal, i can only think of one bad delivery all game, him and Jose playing well again and Eggy on bench(to take over CM position) are only positive's i can take from today.

Having to get train back with my St Mirren supporting father in law was not a positive.

:2thumbsup:

I sat beside a St. Mirren fan today but it was actually a good laugh. Both of us just spent the 90 minutes ripping into our own teams.

Captain America
I sat beside a St. Mirren fan today but it was actually a good laugh. Both of us just spent the 90 minutes ripping into our own teams.

We both ripped into state of Scottish football on way home so wasn't that bad i guess, it's the way football should be.

Didn't do Christophe Berra or Craig Gordon too badly.

He's in the team and performing well. Unsure how his talents are being wasted.

In fact the only reason he was put in the team was Csaba throwing in a couple of youngsters against Zagreb to try and prove a point to Vlad that he needed to get the chequebook out to sign more experienced players.

Oddly the thing that cheers me up most about the young lad is that he is tiny.

Hopefully it may keep other teams interested in signing him at bay for a while until we have no choice but to let him go.

jamboinglasgow

First half

Second half

I agree, his still learning but his deliveries were great.

The main thing that has been really posistive today after watching two Hearts defeats today is the quality of our young players. Craig Thomson, Fraser Mullen, Jamie Walker, Davie Smith (Div,) Scott Robinson, Danny Thomson, Michael Delands (2nd half,) Jason Holt, Gordon Smith, Conrad Balatoni (before the red card,) Dylan McGowan and John Woods (second half) all gave me some cheer that we do have great youngsters coming through. We do have great players but it requires patientce in some.

I worry that with Jonsson being fit Thomson may well drop out.

Nothing against Eggert he is a good player.A good midfield player though.

Creepy Lurker

Thought Thomson looked class again! A few poor corners in the second half, but overall still seems to be putting in the most consistently good deliveries I've seen in years!

Archived