jonathan meades,`off kilter` on bbc4

scots civil war

scots civil war

has anybod saw this mans work on beeb4 ,i honestly dont know what to make of it all.theres a series too although ive just clocked this totally patronising highbrow diatribe on lowland scots footballing backwaters

now i dont like thinly veiled attacks on us as a nation,but its hard to argue with although i think we are easy pickings for ***** like this

on the whole its embaressing i reckon but i think it is wholly unjustified as i have lived in other parts of the uk and there is the same sort of heritage in the fact of rundown communities,social problems etcetc

thoughts please

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00mwqvq/Jonathan_Meades_Off_Kilter_Episode_3/

has anybod saw this mans work on beeb4 ,i honestly dont know what to make of it all.theres a series too although ive just clocked this totally patronising highbrow diatribe on lowland scots footballing backwaters

now i dont like thinly veiled attacks on us as a nation,but its hard to argue with although i think we are easy pickings for ***** like this

on the whole its embaressing i reckon but i think it is wholly unjustified as i have lived in other parts of the uk and there is the same sort of heritage in the fact of rundown communities,social problems etcetc

thoughts please

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00mwqvq/Jonathan_Meades_Off_Kilter_Episode_3/

Agreed. It was easy money for Meades ... I watched it last week and didn't really get the point. He could just drive across the UK for the next 5 years and visit every sh|t-hole town he finds and make suitably (ahem) "witty" and cutting observations at each one.

In the event I find this pretentious erse parked in some one-horse town doing his spiel, I'll be sure to let one of his tyres down or p|ss in his petrol tank. Total plonker.

The People's Chimp

I was going to start a thread on this last night. I watched the first in the series, which was about the architecture in Aberdeen - he was actually quite a fan of the older buildings there, last weeks I switched off, but last night's was utterly ridiculous. I actually found it hilarious, this pompous character revelling in his own pretensions and affectations, while trotting out some, as you say "easy money" clich?s, including the ludicrous 'deep fried mars bar' one of the English' favourite scottish horror stories. For someone who takes great delight in being 'right' he got that one spectacularly wrong.

Also, the pathetic satnav voiceover was at best an embarassing cringe, and at worst offensive drivel. Of course he aims to offend, but it wasn't anywhere near witty enough to be anything other than a simple embarassment. A Scottish accented female spouting abuse about where a Football teams comes from is just crap tv.

Archived