England getting beat

Alan_R

If anyone REALLY cares how England do in a tournament that I'd never even heard of until I opened this thread, then they need to re-prioritise their life.

If anyone REALLY cares how England do in a tournament that I'd never even heard of until I opened this thread, then they need to re-prioritise their life.

It's all football I.J as someone already said its the future stars so i have some interest and will support anyone who plays against any England team be it youth, Women or full international.

It's all football I.J as someone already said its the future stars so i have some interest and will support anyone who plays against any England team be it youth, Women or full international.
Fair enough, i feel the same way about Ireland.

Fae

Did England end up getting beat?

hope they did cos it will **** off the "for queen and country" brigade on jkb.

England got beat. Finished one - nil courtesy of a bicycle kick, cracking goal.

I always watch the youth tournaments you see some great football.

Spain verses Tahiti the other night though. That wasn't much of a contest right enough. Still there were plenty of goals

Shame to see all the parochial small-minded Scots spouting their anti-English bile.

As I've said many times, I like to see all the home nations doing well. But then again, I have a positive outlook and don't have a chip on my shoulder.

Shame to see all the parochial small-minded Scots spouting their anti-English bile.

As I've said many times, I like to see all the home nations doing well. But then again, I have a positive outlook and don't have a chip on my shoulder.

You have a chip on both shoulders. Well done Uruguay.

John

The White Cockade
You have a chip on both shoulders. Well done Uruguay.

John

Well said that man

Our "friend" saves his bile for Scotland and our fans for some reason

Of course Scotland fans like seeing England lose, same as we want to see Hibs lose

Thats whats rivalry is all about

Great clip and fantastic commentary :10900:

Great to see England getting beat as well.

Thanks for that, superb goal, always nice to see the 'auld enemy' on the end of a defeat. :10900:

Of course Scotland fans like seeing England lose, same as we want to see Hibs lose

Cool - but at u20 level?! Really?!!

Where does it end?

Would you for instance hope that England u12's girl's team got beaten in some silly wee tournament that means hee haw?

The White Cockade
Cool - but at u20 level?! Really?!!

Where does it end?

Would you for instance hope that England u12's girl's team got beaten in some silly wee tournament that means hee haw?

Absolutely

Do you support Hibs U16's then?

but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter as long as it doesn't become too important to you - like continually slagging off the Tartan Army as racist etc

England lose - I laugh and thats it

If they win then fair enough its not that important - I would admit they have some good players and are far superior to us

ps try listening to the crowd at an England schoolgirl international hockey game if you want to hear "biased and parochial"

Absolutely

Do you support Hibs U16's then?

but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter as long as it doesn't become too important to you - like continually slagging off the Tartan Army as racist etc

England lose - I laugh and thats it

If they win then fair enough its not that important - I would admit they have some good players and are far superior to us

ps try listening to the crowd at an England schoolgirl international hockey game if you want to hear "biased and parochial"

No, I don't support hibs u16s - I simply don't give a flying **** about them. They are utterly irrelevant.

The same goes for England kid's reserves.

Bit sad, this thread. And funny. The only sense in which I give a flying one about England yoof is if we play good, tactically adroit, technically sophisticated football: development is what it's all about, and I'm hardly bothered whether we win all the time or not. In 1993, England finished 3rd at the World Youth Cup - but the football we played was a complete disgrace, straight out of Charles Hughes' manual. We probably ruined a number of players in the process - and if you can't enjoy your football at youth or younger levels, there's something wrong.

I'm pleased for Uruguay in any case. Youth level - because it's before players are sold en masse to European clubs, and lose their sense of cohesiveness with the national team - is really the only level nowadays where they make a big impact on the world stage. They've been excited about the prospects of this side for a while now, and could maybe go a long way in this event. Good luck to them.

portobellojambo1
Well said that man

Our "friend" saves his bile for Scotland and our fans for some reason

Are rivals not teams that you are competing against. How can England be rivals to Scotland in this tournament, as Scotland are not in it.

I consider all the clubs competing in the SPL as rivals to Hearts, because we are competing with them all. I then consider any club we are drawn against in cup competitions as our rivals.

With regard to this tournament I am watching it for no other reason than it is football, at times very good football.

Did I watch last night's game in the hope either Uruguay or England would win, nope, same as all other games I watched.

Rivalry turns into hatred when you take it out of context.

The White Cockade
Are rivals not teams that you are competing against. How can England be rivals to Scotland in this tournament, as Scotland are not in it.

I consider all the clubs competing in the SPL as rivals to Hearts, because we are competing with them all. I then consider any club we are drawn against in cup competitions as our rivals.

With regard to this tournament I am watching it for no other reason than it is football, at times very good football.

Did I watch last night's game in the hope either Uruguay or England would win, nope, same as all other games I watched.

I bow to your moral superiority my man

Like most Scots its the one eyed totally biased English Media that gets my goat and also the fallacy that English fans want Scotland to do well

However I still like to see them lose - but it doesn't mean I hate them

I've lived down South for a few years and I can assure you I take a lot more tick than I ever hand out

theres been rivalry between england and scotland for hundreds of years.whats new?i like to see the auld enemy get beat at everything they play but at the end of the day its only a game and not worth beating myself up about.you,d hardly be against england with your avatar PJ1?

Archived