The White Album - The Beatles

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Listening to this one right now.

What a joyful and totally crazy album.

Every song is completely different from the previous one. Its almost like four guys doing their own stuff (which they were).

Sexy Sadie, Dear Prudence, I'm so tired and Julia from Lennon. All remarkably diverse songs.

I will, Back in the USSR, Why dont we do it in the Road, Helter Skelter from McCartney. All equally different and artful and wondrous.

Long Long Long and While my Guitar from George now becoming a serious force.

Ringo's Dont Pass me By is a great rocker.

Oasis? Radiohead? Coldplay?

Your having a Laugh.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Not to mention 'Blackbird' and 'Rocky Racoon'!

Or Revolution, or Martha My Dear or Happiness is a Warm gun.

What an Album.

Johanes de Silentio
Listening to this one right now.

What a joyful and totally crazy album.

Every song is completely different from the previous one. Its almost like four guys doing their own stuff (which they were).

Sexy Sadie, Dear Prudence, I'm so tired and Julia from Lennon. All remarkably diverse songs.

I will, Back in the USSR, Why dont we do it in the Road, Helter Skelter from McCartney. All equally different and artful and wondrous.

Long Long Long and While my Guitar from George now becoming a serious force.

Ringo's Dont Pass me By is a great rocker.

Oasis? Radiohead? Coldplay?

Your having a Laugh.

Oh, and you were so close!

The White Album is fantastic!

However,

'Don't Pass Me By' :nah: is pish...(sorry, Ringo - I still love you!)

and Radiohead are awesome. (OK Computer very much reminds me of The White Album, in fact - especially the "this is what you'll get" sections of 'Karma Police', which raise the ghost of 'Sexy Sadie')

Of course, I agree with the general thrust of this righteous thread, which is that...

The White Album is awesome! :2thumbsup:

Favourite Beatle lp.Even Macca has a couple of good songs in it.:smiley2:

Was the lp really all solo stuff as none of the 3 really worked together at the time.The Walrus was Paul.

Although I'm a Lennon fan, Mother Nature's Son, Blackbird and While My Guitar are the most exquisite songs on the album for me.

I also love Cry Baby Cry (where Kirkcaldy gets a mention), I Will, Savoy Truffle, Sexy Sadie etc etc.

Yet it's impossible to listen to Piggies and Helter Skelter without thinking of the Manson Family and what they did.

An amazing album. My favourite.

Although I'm a Lennon fan, Mother Nature's Son, Blackbird and While My Guitar are the most exquisite songs on the album for me.

I also love Cry Baby Cry (where Kirkcaldy gets a mention), I Will, Savoy Truffle, Sexy Sadie etc etc.

Yet it's impossible to listen to Piggies and Helter Skelter without thinking of the Manson Family and what they did.

An amazing album. My favourite.

Manson was completely mad.

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/manson/mansonbeatles.html

Anyone still got the poster and 4 photos from the White Album? I used to have them on my bedroom wall at home in the 70s but my mother must have binned them when I moved out. :th_o:

Anyone still got the poster and 4 photos from the White Album? I used to have them on my bedroom wall at home in the 70s but my mother must have binned them when I moved out. :th_o:

Yep, not sure of the issue number of the album though. Heading down to my mums tomorrow, will check it out then.

Sexy Sadie was the maharishi surely?

A brilliant track , i love turning the volume up full pelt for the 6 second intro before the singing starts.

Aaah, okay, just for the record, Martha was a dog.........................literally.

I used to work with a Polish girl called Martha and I found myself constantly singing it.

I did confess to her that 'Martha' was in fact an old English sheepdog but she didn't seem to mind.

At least Manson didn't kill anyone over that one.

Archived