Ticket Office Farce at Tonight's Game

tazhearts

I was supposed to be getting a ticket off a mate for tonight game but ten minutes before kick off that fell through so went to que up to buy one at the ticket office.

On joining the que there was about 300 fans waiting to buy a ticket (some season ticket holders also had to que up because despite having paid for the game the their cards were not scanning through).

I eventually got my ticket at 8:30pm and missed the first half hour of the game. Everyone was raging and plenty of fans gave up and either headed for the pub or for the away end (which had a cash gate).

On finally getting into the ticket office it transpired the computers kept crashing. The ticket office staff were asked why they couldn't open a cash gate to let the last 300 in but no answer. They were also asked why they couldn't have run off 300 tickets and walked up the line selling them for ?15 cash. Again no reply.

What a joke.

I ask the following questions / make the following points:-

1. Why did we not have cash gates open tonight? Is it hearts decision or the the police's decision? Does anyone know the definitive answer?

2. Why for most games can the ticket office not run off a batch of tickets and work the line giving out the tickets for cash? In games like these you can pretty much sit anywhere anyway once inside the ground?

3. Why did someone (supervisor) not show some initiative and open some cash gates / ask the police for permission (they would have been given permission if only to prevent hearts fans going into the cash gate at the away end).

4. Why do Hearts have no contingency plans for their computers crashing?

I will be writing a letter of complaint to hearts re this shambles.

The Ticket Office simply does not learn their lesson. This happens all the time!

They have to have every single cashier point manned, IMO. If the technology isn't up to scratch then upgrade it, and lastly send tickets out to folk instead of letting them collect it before the game.

Nelly Terraces

It's called 'advancement in technology', sadly though it's just bollox like a lot of techonology, uselesss and pointless. 15 cash on the nose, no probs, no dicking around. Sure some computer geeks will come on and say otherwise, but really, they're talking bullsh*t.

We should have a thread for the Ticket Office on its own because it happens all too often.

PS - Am I the only one who thinks we've been shafted with these cards? It's made no difference to the clubs finances. Most grounds just have the machine to swipe and get through, we have a machine AND a guy to swipe it. Typical Hearts, still living in the past!!!

Glamorgan Jambo

Went up at lunchtime to buy a ticket. 5 or 6 people in front of me and still took 20 minutes to get served. Why the heck did he want to know my postcode when I was paying cash??? They did find me in the system though so hopefully priority for a final ticket despite it being the first time I've bought a ticket in my own name in about 5 years.

I was a bit late getting to the game and saw the massive line at the ticket office at 10 to 8. There's got to be a better way.

I had a feeling there would some sort of fiasco at the ticket office so I did the sensible thing and left my house early to get there for 6.30pm and there was no queue.

This kind of thread appears after every cup game.

It's optimistic to think you can turn up at the ground 10 minutes before ko with no ticket and still expect to make the start of the game - system problems or not.

ye didnt miss much

tell your mate to give you more than 10 minutes warning before letting you down:hang:

doubt the TO can be blamed for not sortin it out for u in the 10 mins available:nah:

ye didnt miss much

tell your mate to give you more than 10 minutes warning before letting you down:hang:

doubt the TO can be blamed for not sortin it out for u in the 10 mins available:nah:

Granted but 40 minutes to get through a que of 300 fans, most of whom had ?15 in their hands ready to pass over.

There were four desks open but because the system kept crashing there was at most one computer working at any one time (at one point none were working).

Still don't know why they can't have cash gates at diddy cup early round games

I think in ye olde days..cash snuck up sleeves...hence why owners dont want that and would rather take the cash in an office.

Granted but 40 minutes to get through a que of 300 fans, most of whom had ?15 in their hands ready to pass over.

There were four desks open but because the system kept crashing there was at most one computer working at any one time (at one point none were working).

dont get me wrong,

Ive been in that Que as well and felt like everybody was getting kebabs when i just wanted a 2 sec ticket,how else could it possibly take so long???

solution...avoid being in it.

I ask the following questions / make the following points:-

1. Why did we not have cash gates open tonight? Is it hearts decision or the the police's decision? Does anyone know the definitive answer?

2. Why for most games can the ticket office not run off a batch of tickets and work the line giving out the tickets for cash? In games like these you can pretty much sit anywhere anyway once inside the ground?

3. Why did someone (supervisor) not show some initiative and open some cash gates / ask the police for permission (they would have been given permission if only to prevent hearts fans going into the cash gate at the away end).

4. Why do Hearts have no contingency plans for their computers crashing?

I will be writing a letter of complaint to hearts re this shambles.

Well maybe it would be better asking the people who would know the answers to you questions instead of us who would not know the answers.

Often thought why not have a portacabin round at the wheatfield side of the ground selling tickets. Help ease the queue's round at the ticket office who also have to deal with folk collecting tickets etc.

(If they must persist on non cash turnstiles).

I was supposed to be getting a ticket off a mate for tonight game but ten minutes before kick off that fell through so went to que up to buy one at the ticket office........

..........I eventually got my ticket at 8:30pm and missed the first half hour of the game.

Not for one second am I trying to defend the Ticket Office, or Hearts ticket policy.....but:

You only left the pub 10mins before the kick-off, you didn't get a ticket untill half past eight, yet you "only" missed the first half hour of the game ???

If you're going to complain, then at least get your facts straight first. There are real problems, that need to be highlighted - and sorted, but a "Jackanory" complaint will (correctly IMO) just be laughed at, and binned.

There will be legitamate complaints, but sorry mate (based on what you said in your post) yours is certainly not going to be one of them.

Bought ticket online ages ago, refuse to pay extra for delivery, went to collect it. Told I couldn't until 1 hour before kickoff. Therefore people queing to pick up prepaids. Thake that nonsense away, more staff available - less disgruntaled fans!! Simples!!!

I am sure you will find that the ticket office staff are just as frustrated as some on here are.

Agreed - it's not as if they wanted their computers to crash, and a few hundred people to shout at them.

There definitely should be a contingency plan, though; I can understand why people were frustrated. It's just a shame the people on the front line are always the targets for abuse.

Went up at lunchtime to buy a ticket. 5 or 6 people in front of me and still took 20 minutes to get served. Why the heck did he want to know my postcode when I was paying cash??? They did find me in the system though so hopefully priority for a final ticket despite it being the first time I've bought a ticket in my own name in about 5 years.

I was a bit late getting to the game and saw the massive line at the ticket office at 10 to 8. There's got to be a better way.

Pretty obvious really, Hearts have a loyalty points system, how else can they collect the points for people?

Bought a ticket at 6pm prior to going to the pub, no hassle, no queue, no problem.................

Not for one second am I trying to defend the Ticket Office, or Hearts ticket policy.....but:

You only left the pub 10mins before the kick-off, you didn't get a ticket untill half past eight, yet you "only" missed the first half hour of the game ???

If you're going to complain, then at least get your facts straight first. There are real problems, that need to be highlighted - and sorted, but a "Jackanory" complaint will (correctly IMO) just be laughed at, and binned.

There will be legitamate complaints, but sorry mate (based on what you said in your post) yours is certainly not going to be one of them.

Where in my post does it mention leaving the pub? I only found out 10 mins before the game that the ticket I thought I was getting was no longer available due to a mix up hence I then had to que for a ticket. It's not a "Jackanory" story, I stood in the que 10 mins before kick off and missed the first 30 mins (granted I got the times wrong in my post).

What is concerning is there were what I would call "occasional fans" in the que who don't regularly go to Hearts games and so were not aware of the normal que's at the ticket office. A good number of them gave up queing and walked off, we are unlikely to win over our 'occasional' fans and turn them into regular fans with service like this.

All it would have taken was for someone in the ticket office to show some initiative and when they realized there was a computer problem either opened a cash gate or run off a batch of tickets and sold them for cash up the line. My postcode wasn't taken when I eventually got my ticket so I lost out on my loyalty point as well.

Just as I was getting my ticket, the girl (presumably supervisor) stated they were running off a batch of tickets for the main stand to get round the computer problem. This was too little too late and should have been done straight after kick off as soon as the problem was identified.

Pretty obvious really, Hearts have a loyalty points system, how else can they collect the points for people?

Bought a ticket at 6pm prior to going to the pub, no hassle, no queue, no problem.................

Of course this is the answer. But every game there will be fans who due to a variety of circumstances need to buy tickets last minute, so this problem will continue until Hearts address it.

Archived