Well done Rapid Vienna

Craigieboy

They're wearing the same strip that they wore when they cheated celtic in 1984. Apparently the filth are all up in arms about it and Frank McGarvey is all offended. Oh the irony! FTC. Hope they get pumped.

Guest jambomickey
They're wearing the same strip that they wore when they cheated celtic in 1984. Apparently the filth are all up in arms about it and Frank McGarvey is all offended. Oh the irony! FTC. Hope they get pumped.

brilliant.

The Mighty Thor

Did they cheat ra Sellick? shoorely not!

Was it not the case that TGFITW? lobbed a bottle onto the pitch at Darkheid (not an uncommon occurrence in 1980's East Glasgow) striking a Rapid Vienna player which forced a replay at Old Trafford?

IIRC the 'Jolly Craicsters' then went on the rampage which ultimately led to them having to play games behind closed doors?

Not much has changed in the intervening 25 years then!

Did they cheat ra Sellick? shoorely not!

Was it not the case that TGFITW? lobbed a bottle onto the pitch at Darkheid (not an uncommon occurrence in 1980's East Glasgow) striking a Rapid Vienna player which forced a replay at Old Trafford?

IIRC the 'Jolly Craicsters' then went on the rampage which ultimately led to them having to play games behind closed doors?

Not much has changed in the intervening 25 years then!

A bottle was thrown on the pitch but it was nowhere near the player who subsequently went down and feigned injury. The bandage they gave him suggested as if his own head had been crushed - it was ridiculous. Rapid had got horsed in that second leg and saw an opportunity to get a second bite at the cherry. UEFA unbelievably obliged - even if a replay should have been held, it should have started at 0-0 instead of retaining Rapid's 3-1 1st leg lead. Rapid go 1-0 up in replay and a stupid moron from the Celtic support went on the pitch and lamped the goal-scorer (who I think happens to be Rapid's manager today). Celtic had to play one game (a defeat to Athletico Madrid) behind closed doors the next season.

Now, I've no love for Celtic, and I'm sure many of you don't. However, had Hearts been stitched up in a similar vein..........

McGarvey shouldn't be talking about stuff like this. He was,allegedly, heavily involved in one of the biggest stitch ups in Scottish football history.

I wonder how many of the Sellik fans would have even noticed that Rapid were playing in the same kit as 25 years ago. They play in green and white and would have to change anyway, you would think. Most teams probably would be in similar kit to what they had before. So who should care?

Goodness knows who managed to dredge up this successful attempt at winding up the GFITW.

McGarvey says that Rapid's safety is under threat in Glasgow. So no lessons have been learned then, by morons like him.

The Mighty Thor
A bottle was thrown on the pitch but it was nowhere near the player who subsequently went down and feigned injury. The bandage they gave him suggested as if his own head had been crushed - it was ridiculous. Rapid had got horsed in that second leg and saw an opportunity to get a second bite at the cherry. UEFA unbelievably obliged - even if a replay should have been held, it should have started at 0-0 instead of retaining Rapid's 3-1 1st leg lead. Rapid go 1-0 up in replay and a stupid moron from the Celtic support went on the pitch and lamped the goal-scorer (who I think happens to be Rapid's manager today). Celtic had to play one game (a defeat to Athletico Madrid) behind closed doors the next season.

Now, I've no love for Celtic, and I'm sure many of you don't. However, had Hearts been stitched up in a similar vein..........

That reads like you lifted it straight from Kerrydale Street :stuart:

I prefer my historical perspective on the events :2thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

That's exactly the way I recall it too, they really were stitched up that year, however it couldn't happen to a more evil bunch of tramps.

Well done Rapid for Stitching up a club who have a history of stitching up others! :2thumbsup: (nice touch with the strip too :D)

portobellojambo1

I think you'll find Frank McGarvey played his part in a much bigger stitch up which involved Hearts. If you can't take it don't give it.

That's exactly the way I recall it too, they really were stitched up that year, however it couldn't happen to a more evil bunch of tramps.

Well done Rapid for Stitching up a club who have a history of stitching up others! :2thumbsup: (nice touch with the strip too :D)

Indeedy doody!

:2thumbsup:

voerwarts Rapid!

TGFITW surely deserved to go through after showing such restraint?

Sheesh........

Suspect Device

shirley sellik are wearing the same strip too, that green and gray sideways stripe thing ?:10900:

:biglaugh: That's brilliant, hope the get pumped!!!

I was at this game (in the Rangers end). The bottle was thrown from the "jungle", missed their player by a mile but he went down as if he had been shot.

After the game he was taken out of the ground on a stretcher with the worlds biggest bandage on his napper!

Desmond White the Celtic Chairman was to blame for Celtic not winning their appeal for the match not to be replayed. All he wanted was a packed Old Trafford full of Celtic fans with the money that went with it.

You really are going to be popular with the poster you imitated over on the Shed thread!! Mhatt74 ....... rheptile are the shouts I hear!! :10900:

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Surely one of the best and most ironic sentences ever written on JKB!!!! Get it roond ye McGarvey ya gutter dwelling alchy home wrecking *******.

It's all quite amusing really.

Given that the Sellick side, like so many other sides these days, is made up of footballing mercenaries I can't really see this as upsetting the players.

http://www.kerrydalestreet.com

think you would be best suited here

Irrelevant.

Anyone who's spent years watching Celtic cheat their way through everything will have **** all sympathy for these evil mutants.

They deserve everything they get.

I don't know anything about the game in 84, but whether their player was hit or not, a bottle being thrown onto the pitch sounds like enough for the tramps to have been dealt with in the way they were? Then for a fan to lamp one of their players in the replay...

Maybe I'm missing something - as i say, i know nowt about it - but it reads very unlike any victimising to me, whether the guy had a bandage or not!

Up them, hope they all catch something. or actually, hope they all get clean - the shock might kill the jakey spunkbuckets

Irrelevant.

Anyone who's spent years watching Celtic cheat their way through everything will have **** all sympathy for these evil mutants.

They deserve everything they get.

Far too many Celtic sympathisers on here Eck

This is why no-one should have any sympathy for these arseholes.

They spend their entire exsistence trying to wind up other sets of fans. But when someone else does it to them, they go crying off about it to anyone who'll listen.

I sincerely hope Vienna come to Parkhead, wearing slogans on their arses that tell them all to **** off and die.

I think you'll find Frank McGarvey played his part in a much bigger stitch up which involved Hearts. If you can't take it don't give it.

Exactly what I thought Ian when I read the Alky, Gambling addicted, Whore Marrying, Terrorist Lovin, Plastic Paddie ^^^^ in this mornings Rag...I hope the "Fans" go MENTAL at the game and the Weegie S C U M get booted out of Europe and deducted 30 points for Sullying the good name of Scottish Football...Best fans in rawurldbyrawayinatno!!!!

MgGarvey cannae have long left inthis world SURELY...I thought I read somewhere he was really Ill...or am I just wishing that? :nah:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Does anyone know where I can purchase this Rapid Vienna strip that is causing them so much distress? Just so I can wear it on my future trips through to Parkhead.

McGarvey has got a ****ing cheek!

I don't know anything about the game in 84, but whether their player was hit or not, a bottle being thrown onto the pitch sounds like enough for the tramps to have been dealt with in the way they were? Then for a fan to lamp one of their players in the replay...

Maybe I'm missing something - as i say, i know nowt about it - but it reads very unlike any victimising to me, whether the guy had a bandage or not!

Up them, hope they all catch something. or actually, hope they all get clean - the shock might kill the jakey spunkbuckets

If UEFA had banned teams or replayed every game from the 80's with missiles thrown on the pitch there wouldn't have been a single tournament finished!

I remember watching the highlights on the telly. The bottle landed about 20 yards away after flying 10 feet over his head, he looked round and saw it and went down holding his head, then got strecthered off with no blood on him. He emerged after the game looking like he'd been hit with a machete. Funny to see them having to replay it, even funnier when they lost at OT.

It was a similar incident to the one for which the Chile goalkeeper Rojas got banned for life and Chile got banned from FIFA tournaments for 2 years after trying to claim he'd been hit by a flare in Brazil.

You really are going to be popular with the poster you imitated over on the Shed thread!! Mhatt74 ....... rheptile are the shouts I hear!! :10900:

(Whith tonghue ihn chheek - corny I know but so whhat)

No real Hearts fan who wheels and deals in the high flying corporate world, is married to Miss Universe, resides in plush towers, has a catemite in Bangkok, is known by many as Walter Mitty and who stays no longer than 15 minutes of the second half would ever make such a post.

Thank you for your co-operation. :10900:

The Old Tolbooth
This is why no-one should have any sympathy for these arseholes.

They spend their entire exsistence trying to wind up other sets of fans. But when someone else does it to them, they go crying off about it to anyone who'll listen.

I sincerely hope Vienna come to Parkhead, wearing slogans on their arses that tell them all to **** off and die.

Now that's a top post!

:2thumbsup:

Does anyone know where I can purchase this Rapid Vienna strip that is causing them so much distress? Just so I can wear it on my future trips through to Parkhead.

Very good shout.

Classic Football Shirts should be helpful.

The Old Tolbooth

Here you go Blair, bit pricey and it's also green and white, but whatever floats yer boar mate :D

http://www.myfootballkits.co.uk/1236/new-adidas-rapid-wien-home-shirt-2009-10/

The trouble in the 1984 match started once Rapid decided the referee wasn't offering them any protection at all from a Celtic approach that verged on the brutal. In the lead-up to Celtic's first goal, Peter Grant committed one of the worst fouls I've ever seen with a late sliding tackle on a Rapid player. The referee ignored it, Celtic played on and scored. Thereafter the match descended into chaos and farce, but there's no doubt in my mind that the Austrians were provoked into their retaliation (goalkeeper's foul on McGarvey (?)) and play-acting.

Agree 200%. The green and grey hoops are cockroaches.

Frank McGarvey is all offended.

I hope he gets so offended that his wife pumps half of Paisley - again.

Horrible, vile, despicable ****.

Archived