What point the smartcard..?

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

When a ticket purchase after they've gone on general sale means they wont update the smartcard and you have to pick up the tickets at the TO before the game?

I know it's yet another "ticketing complaints" thread, and they can be pretty boring, but FFS you'd have thought they could simply add the ticket to the so called 'smartcard' instead it's race against time to get through from glasgow to collect the tickets. Shouldn't be too bad, given it's the pars, but if it was going to be a bit busier then it might have been an issue. Seems like it should be a pretty simple operation to update the card, but apparently not...

(Oh aye, and ?3 booking fee - they'd have even more of a cheek charging that to update something on a computer. )

think it's because after the general sale they can't guarantee your seat, had the same problem yesterday when i got mine, had to pay an extra booking fee to print off my own ticket now that's a rip off

I left it too late to et them to update my smartcard but they just sent the tickets out and they arrived the next day. They are for our seats.

The People's Chimp
think it's because after the general sale they can't guarantee your seat, had the same problem yesterday when i got mine, had to pay an extra booking fee to print off my own ticket now that's a rip off

The daft thing is that I got our seats! You'd think even if they give you another seat they could update their computer records for the one match?

And re: printing off your own ticket, that's a serious rip off!

Charging you 50p for using your own printer and a ?1.50 admin fee is an absolute rip-off.

You could make a case for an admin fee when a human is actually processing your order, printing it off putting it in an envelope etc etc but how can it be justified when you are effectively doing the work yourself.

I agree that for the 'Smart Cards' to be truly 'smart' they should be able to add access for whatever seat you have purchased even if it is outwith the season ticket holders purchase period.

Then again...could they charge an admin fee for this?

I've been 'behind' the Smartcard project up till now but I've heard a few similar complaints. Quite frankly, if the system cant a) tell if your seat is even available at 4pm on the day of the match and B) if so then allow you to allocate it to your card ONLINE........well thats simply pesh

portobellojambo1
The daft thing is that I got our seats! You'd think even if they give you another seat they could update their computer records for the one match?

And re: printing off your own ticket, that's a serious rip off!

I thought, it would appear wrongly, the smart card linked into your customer reference number, rather than your actual seat number.

Any ticket I have had to get for a game I've simply asked to have added to my smart card, and never had any problems.

I thought, it would appear wrongly, the smart card linked into your customer reference number, rather than your actual seat number.

Any ticket I have had to get for a game I've simply asked to have added to my smart card, and never had any problems.

Has that been in person at the office or over the telephone?

I would imagine it's because, if you have to/choose to buy a different seat, your smartcard will still have your normal seat on the front of it and you'll have nothing on you with your designated seat for the match.

Obviously if you manage to get your own seat after the general sale has started it's annoying but for those in different seats it seems like the best way at the moment.

The online admin charge is a joke though. Hearts should get shot of ticketmaster. Seatbooker was much better anyway.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Can you still print them off on the day of the game, aye? I've not got round to it yet.

Word of warning Liquidator, I made the mistake of a few pints before the Dunfermline cup tie a few years ago, strolled up to collect my ticket at 7 and didn't get in until half time due to lines all the way up to the boozer.

Can you still print them off on the day of the game, aye? I've not got round to it yet.

Word of warning Liquidator, I made the mistake of a few pints before the Dunfermline cup tie a few years ago, strolled up to collect my ticket at 7 and didn't get in until half time due to lines all the way up to the boozer.

Yeah you should have an attachment on the confirmation e-mail open it up and you can print it off as many times as you like, only use one of them though unfortunately.

portobellojambo1
Has that been in person at the office or over the telephone?

Both FS. I got my Dunfermline one by calling into the TO, but sure I did the pre season friendlies over the phone.

Maybe different because for all games I was booking my own seat, but as I said previously I thought it activated your card to get you into the game rather than activated it by seat allocated.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Yeah you should have an attachment on the confirmation e-mail open it up and you can print it off as many times as you like, only use one of them though unfortunately.

Cheers mate.

I'm wanting to buy my own seat - so can I order online and then print off a ticket?

It would be preferable to going to the T.O.

Cheers

Shanghai Hearts

I bought my seat prior to the cut for season ticket holders, thinking it would be added to my smartcard ala the Zagreb game.

However, this was not the case, I was in picking up tickets for the two guys either side of me last Thursday( both season ticket holder) & just happened to ask the boy in the TO to check( just had a feeling). Some sort of error which he could not explain,he then had to print off a paper copy for me, so check before you head to the game!!!

Archived