Most half-decent player in Hearts' history

Gorgiewave

Put your reasonable players here. Not the greats, not the munters, just the right-down-the-middle OK players.

Neilson, Andy Kirk etc.

Who is the exactly average Hearts player?

Christ, this could be a record breaker!!

Unfortunately, we have so many that fit into this bracket - that is why we've been relatively unsuccessful over the years.

Most of the guys from Levein's era were middle of the road.

Wales and Maybury are excellent calls. I'd add Tomaschek to the list, but doubt many will agree!

I always thought George Wright was a sensationally reasonably gifted, half decent player. Never forget him turning in week after week of performances, that while not great, were, well, no bad. The memories.

AND he pig-sticked Jo Guest. He must be up there with the all-time most sort of OK players we've had

My choices would be Maybury and Mckenna. (The latter has probably been name checked more on JKB the last couple of days than when he had a career here!)

Chuck in Balogh, Mcdonald, Kello, Moilanen and Mckenzie.

We have never really had a zibby since Craig Nelson. While Hibs have had a few makalamitys in goal in recent years.

Oh and Robbo too. He was decent. ;)

Ian Baird, 2 seasons up front, 10 goals each season, nothing to write home about, but we'd sure take him back now!

I wanted to suggest that, but i was worried people thought I was actually him (or his hair)

Wales and Maybury are excellent calls. I'd add Tomaschek to the list, but doubt many will agree!

I'm probably in a small minority here, but I thought Tomaschek was better than average!

Jim Townsend, John Millar, Brian Whittaker, Alan Anderson, Tommy Traynor, Danny Paton, the list is endless.

Good call for John Millar add in Tommi Grundland and they get my vote for "nothing fancy just hard graft".

John Millar could score a few as well if I recall.

I wouldn't put Gary Wales in the list.

Before his injury he was a cracking player.

I though Tomascheck was a good player.

Agree with Robbie Neilson

Jim Hamilton comes to mind

Neil Berry. 315 appearances. solid, dependable and mainly remembered for hurting a Hibs player.

Agreed.

Although for me he's mainly remembered for his performance in the '86 cup final.

Wales is a ******. John Millar without a doubt.

Millar was a funny one. He seemed to be average at times but he was one of those players who had a knack for a particular thing and that was being able to finish when given the chance and making decent runs into the box.

Jimmy Sandison, Scott Leitch, Ian Ferguson ( no not him the other one ), George Cowie, Davie Clunie, Roy Kay, John Gallagher - Could go on all night. We have had loads of half decent ( but not quite really good ! ) players over the years.

Wales is a ******.

That's a bit harsh. I recently worked beside his girlfriend and met him at a night out. Thought he was a decent bloke.

Johanes de Silentio

Neil McFarlane, without a doubt - a half-decent player whose committment made him very good.

Take a bow, Nelly! :2thumbsup:

Walter Kidd, Roddy McDonald, Brian Whittaker, Derek O'Connor provided some fond memories - more recently Andrius Velicka.

John Millar was the one that came to mind

Boyack also had 3/4s of a season of alrightness....

Mike Galloway had that run of goals in Europe but I never thought he was more than a half decent player

I think we'll look back at Ruben in the same way

Kalamazoo Jambo
Millar was a funny one. He seemed to be average at times but he was one of those players who had a knack for a particular thing and that was being able to finish when given the chance and making decent runs into the box.

I remember seeing him play left back a couple of times and he looked poor. But when we put him in midfield he was great at making those runs into the box, even if the rest of his game was average. I remember being disappointed at losing his goal-scoring skills when he signed for Raith Rovers, but luckily the player we got in return (OK, a bit of money exchanged hands too) wasn't too shabby :smiley2:

Aye, I'm surprised about John Millar being on the list, I would have thought he would have been higher. Two goals against dundee United in the cup was a good thing.

He was not booed when sent off for Raith Rovers against us, a sign of popularity.

Sterling Archer

90% of the squads between 2000-2005,

10% of the sqaud from 2005-06,

70% of the sqauds 2006-present.

Archived