San Miguel

Gerd Muller

eighteen seventyfour

Usually a holiday beer for me, taste good then, rarely drink them back home tho.

On the Gin just now, tryin to keep the calories low, yes i know thats wrong, but good excuse for a few.

cruzcampo is superb! As is estrella dam.

San Migual is pish, it is brewed in the Uk for a start, or was till last year when SN lost the contract to Carlsberg. No time for Cruzcampo, Damm beers are only good in Barca, the stuff we get Estrella is not really as the good 5%stuff you get out the green damm in Barca.

Mahou (which owns San Miguel) is a great wee beer, 5 stars all the way and qute cheap even over here, One of the BEst Lagers you will ever have is Alhambra Reserva 1925, 6% beer that goes down so easily its unreal.

San Migual is pish, it is brewed in the Uk for a start, or was till last year when SN lost the contract to Carlsberg. No time for Cruzcampo, Damm beers are only good in Barca, the stuff we get Estrella is not really as the good 5%stuff you get out the green damm in Barca.

Mahou (which owns San Miguel) is a great wee beer, 5 stars all the way and qute cheap even over here, One of the BEst Lagers you will ever have is Alhambra Reserva 1925, 6% beer that goes down so easily its unreal.

a man of my own heart! Except I keep having an allergic reaction to the Alhambra reserve!! Stick to Mahou these days :10900:

Captain_Peacock

Kids nagged me non stop on holiday in Spain to be taken to McDonalds. Held out for 10 days but then gave up.

I'm delighted to report that adults can enjoy a San Miguel as part of their Big Mac meal. It might not beat the greatest larger in the world but it beats fizzy cola hands down.

Well if it's brewed over here nowadays then that would explain why it's pesh

It used to be nice when imported but, as mentioned, still not the same as when you're hurling it down your throat, standing in a bar at 11 at night in 29 degrees ..........with a vista of scantily clad ***** !!

Also really bugs me that we STILL pay premium rate for 'imported' beers that are clearly no such thing any longer :nah:

cruzcampo is superb! As is estrella dam.

Cruzcampo is the worst lager I have ever tasted bar none, to me it tastes like chemicals. When in Barcelona I drink Estrella Damm and think its really good. For me whle on my annual holiday to Lanzarote there is nothing to beat a cold San Miguel in a frozen glass.

Pints of a lager or beer are so much better in the city/country they come from. Usually pints of foreign lagers are rank in this country and the bottles are not the same as what you have tasted on holiday.

Apart from Tennents, which is pish no matter what source or location you get it from

Didnt know you could get Cruzcampo or Estrella Damm over here. I meant its nice over when bought in Spain. Mahou is quality as well. As I said I can drink any lager and I actually enjoy the cruzcampo. Never had a problem with any bottle I've drank.

• 2 months later...
Whats everyone's thoughts on this lager? Currently smashing my way through a crate of them. Quality.

Pipi de burro.

Cruzcampo is the worst lager I have ever tasted bar none, to me it tastes like chemicals. When in Barcelona I drink Estrella Damm and think its really good. For me whle on my annual holiday to Lanzarote there is nothing to beat a cold San Miguel in a frozen glass.

You've never tried Tropical in Lanzarote then? Cruzcampo is gash anaw like

Archived