Hearts v Hibs on a Friday night?

MMHearts

I notice that the Sheffield derby is on Sky tomorrow with an evening kick off.

Surprised the police allow this with a fixture with a history of crowd trouble. Personally I hate 1230 kick offs on a Saturday as the atmosphere always seems flat to me. Now that Sky also have some Scottish games I wonder if there could be a televised derby game on a Friday night.

Good start to the weekend - early finish from work, a few pints, night game under the lights in a packed stadium then out for a few celebratory pints on the Saturday.

Friday night or early kick off on a Saturday what's your preference?

i think it's been discussed before but kyboshed by the police.

non starter.

I would be delighted. Would prefer Saturday 3pm but next best option for me.

yep friday or saturday evening KO would be super, friday especially.

i guess friday would present the police a staffing headache perhaps as they have other considerations. same stands for saturday, as well as the chance that too many would be fully jaked by KO.

certainly we'll never see a derby at those times but i suppose run-of-the-mill games would present less of an issue.

ginger jambo98
yep friday or saturday evening KO would be super, friday especially.

i guess friday would present the police a staffing headache perhaps as they have other considerations. same stands for saturday, as well as the chance that too many would be fully jaked by KO.

certainly we'll never see a derby at those times but i suppose run-of-the-mill games would present less of an issue.

Pretty sure we won 2-1 at Fester Road about 6 years ago when it was a Saturday teatime ko. Happy days !!

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
I notice that the Sheffield derby is on Sky tomorrow with an evening kick off.

Surprised the police allow this with a fixture with a history of crowd trouble. Personally I hate 1230 kick offs on a Saturday as the atmosphere always seems flat to me. Now that Sky also have some Scottish games I wonder if there could be a televised derby game on a Friday night.

Good start to the weekend - early finish from work, a few pints, night game under the lights in a packed stadium then out for a few celebratory pints on the Saturday.

Friday night or early kick off on a Saturday what's your preference?

For those of us who might want to go out into Sheffield - or might still be out there after work! - a Friday night game at the Lane is bad news. It's closer to the town centre than Tynie is in Edinburgh and, no matter who wins, the toon wil be heaving with drunk Blades/Owls set on ripping each other's faces off.

I don't think I'll bother explaining that I don't care who won..... :smiley2:

Archived