21 Kranjcar

10 Keane

18 Defoe

Substitutes

01 Gomes, 02 Hutton, 03 Bale, 16 Naughton, 20 Dawson, 05 Bentley, 15 Crouch

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right, I'll put Spurs in with West Brom and Berwick.

Are we including Charlton?

I'll give everyone until 00.35 to decide if they have an opinion on the game, I'll put the bet on then.

To late to change West Brom for Charlton??

:nah:

On the basis we want to get off to a good start my cautious options are

Livingston V Quens Park Home 4/7

Tottenham v Burnley Home 2/7

Charlton v Exeter Home 2/5

Dundee V Ross Co Home 4/5

East Stirling V Stranraer Home 8/11

Away wins on accumulators invariably bust the bet imo

Did anyone mention we should have taken Charlton...........

East Stirling put my own bet down, there is always one!

Did anyone mention we should have taken Charlton...........

East Stirling put my own bet down, there is always one!

How come there was no statistical infomation presented for West Brom??

How come there was no statistical infomation presented for West Brom??

Not sure, but like Chelsea getting beat from Wigan, it was not envisaged that Crystal Palace would beat West Brom. As I said there is usually always one, but there is always tomorrow, or midweek, or next week - we dont want to get too complacent and think this is easy do we?

The Old Tolbooth

Sorry for my lack of input so far folks, I'm not feeling too good and got a severe dose of manflu, it's a killer!

If you guys cant get hold of me then just pick the teams and stick the bet on, I trust you guys :D

Sorry for my lack of input so far folks, I'm not feeling too good and got a severe dose of manflu, it's a killer!

If you guys cant get hold of me then just pick the teams and stick the bet on, I trust you guys :D

Even after our fall at the first hurdle?

We probably would have won, but it seems no mentioned betting on Charlton!

oh ah grantona

guys update on my side i have not put in any cash working offshore in norway on a boat with 1 computer for net and i dunno how secure it is so dont want to pump dosh in i reckon i will be on this boat for maybe another 2 weeks i will pm statto when i am ashore to see if syndicate is still open or not cheers guys from what i see its bad luck on first week but sensible betting

FREE ?20 BET

After the ?10 bet on Coral, we've earned a free ?20 bet.

We can have a look at midweek games and see whether we are going to bet a couple of teams to try and get a return, bet bigger to try and boost the balance by healthy amount or I'll see if I can split it and we can do a bit of both.

We'll discuss this after the weekend.

What's happening with this? Are we going to try our luck on something tonight or tomorrow?

What's happening with this? Are we going to try our luck on something tonight or tomorrow?

I think it might be better to go for domestic games. European games can be tricky to predict, just looking at last night, there were a lot of upsets and bet-busting results.

What type of bet are we putting it on?

A small odds double/treble or a bigger odds 10-15/1 to go for a bigger return?

I'd like to stick to the same sort of way we done it last week, try and go for home teams, going through form, team news etc. Hopefully we will all agree and get an accumulator ready for the weekend.

So for this weekend, is everyone happy if the ?20 FREE BET earned last week is used for this weekend's games?

I think it might be better to go for domestic games. European games can be tricky to predict, just looking at last night, there were a lot of upsets and bet-busting results.

What type of bet are we putting it on?

A small odds double/treble or a bigger odds 10-15/1 to go for a bigger return?

I'd like to stick to the same sort of way we done it last week, try and go for home teams, going through form, team news etc. Hopefully we will all agree and get an accumulator ready for the weekend.

So for this weekend, is everyone happy if the ?20 FREE BET earned last week is used for this weekend's games?

I'm happy with that. Have you checked the t&c of the free bet as i thought i saw an ad for coral which said the free bet was for a single win only bet.

Happy with using the ?20 free bet on a maximum of 3 teams, probably all home teams (odds on or evens)

Small winnings, but steady if we manage to buikld ut up

A quick look at the fixtures and I like

EVERTON v Stoke City (4/7)

NEWCASTLE UTD v Bristol City (8/15)

plus one other

Happy with using the ?20 free bet on a maximum of 3 teams, probably all home teams (odds on or evens)

Small winnings, but steady if we manage to buikld ut up

A quick look at the fixtures and I like

EVERTON v Stoke City (4/7)

NEWCASTLE UTD v Bristol City (8/15)

plus one other

Some stats:

EVERTON - Home record (Premier League) - W2, D0, L1, F6, A7.

> They have won the last 4 games at Goodison (all comps) since Arsenal beat them 6-1.

> They have won their last 4 matches home/away.

V

Stoke City - Away record - W0, D2, L1, F1 A5.

> Only away win came in the carling cup at Leyton Orient (1-0) and that was in extra time!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEWCASTLE UTD - Home (Championship)- W4, D1, L0, F9, A2.

> 100% home record broken in Wed's 1-1 draw to QPR.

V

Bristol City - Away - W0, D3, L2, F3, A7.

> Only away win was at Brentford in the carling cup (1-0).

> Tuesday's win against Blackpool (2-0) was their 1st in 5 games.

Others that may be of interest:

Burnley 6/5 v Birmingham

Man U 1/5 v Sunderland

Arsenal 2/9 v Blackburn

Sheff U 8/11 v Doncaster

Patrick 8/15 v Airdrie

QOS 8/13 v Morton.

Some stats:

EVERTON - Home record (Premier League) - W2, D0, L1, F6, A7.

> They have won the last 4 games at Goodison (all comps) since Arsenal beat them 6-1.

> They have won their last 4 matches home/away.

V

Stoke City - Away record - W0, D2, L1, F1 A5.

> Only away win came in the carling cup at Leyton Orient (1-0) and that was in extra time!

NEWCASTLE UTD - Home (Championship)- W4, D1, L0, F9, A2.

> 100% home record broken in Wed's 1-1 draw to QPR.

V

Bristol City - Away - W0, D3, L2, F3, A7.

> Only away win was at Brentford in the carling cup (1-0).

> Tuesday's win against Blackpool (2-0) was their 1st in 5 games.

Others that may be of interest:

Burnley 6/5 v Birmingham

Man U 1/5 v Sunderland

Arsenal 2/9 v Blackburn

Sheff U 8/11 v Doncaster

Patrick 8/15 v Airdrie

QOS 8/13 v Morton.

Morton have lost their manager and teams always seem to win after that, Partick would be a good shout to add to Newcastle and Everton

?20 on:

Everton (play Sunday though)

Newcastle

Partick

Would pay ?73.60 at corals.

Everton as you say play on the Sunday, they also had an away match in Europe, they just played in Belarus last night. The last time they played an away match in Europe (Sigma Olomouc) they went 1-0 down at home to Wigan and it took a 90th goal to win it for Everton.

As Moncs says, Stoke haven't won away from home this season but then again you could say they've only lost one in four.

I think because this game is on the Sunday and with Everton being in Europe and Stoke drawing their last 3 away matches (in 90 mins), I think we should leave Everton out.

Newcastle looks a good bet although they are missing Barton and Ameobi who is their 2nd top scorer with 4 goals in 4 games.

Bristol City are missing Dean Gerkin (their GK) and Paul Hartley. The replacement GK has only conceded two goals in the four games he has played.

Partick; Quote from BBC -

A flu bug hit Partick Thistle in midweek which could affect team selection for the visit of Airdrie.
Five players missed a closed doors game v Dundee United.

In the last five matches between the sides at Partick, Airdrie have won three. Airdrie have also scored in every one of the last eight matches between the two sides at Firhill.

The first team I think would be a good bet this week are Oldham;

Oldham have won their last three games after going five games without a win in the league. They've beat Carlisle 2-0 (currently 18th), Southend 1-0 (currently 14th) and MK Dons 2-1 (currently 5th). In the last three games they've climbed from 21st to 8th.

Yeovil have won one game in their last eleven matches, a 2-0 win at home to Brentford (currently 10th). Yeovil haven't had an away win since the 14th of February. In the last 14 games, they have drawn four and lost ten.

Oldham are missing Nick Blackman who has played in four of Oldham's ten games, scoring one goal.

Yeovil are missing defender Craig Alcock who has played in seven games this season and also forward Jon Obika who has played in six games this season, both have scored a goal each this season.

Oldham's top scorer is Pawel Abbott with four goals in ten appearances.

Yeovil's top scorer is Gavin Tomlin with three goals in nine appearances.

Oldham odds; 5/6

The second team I was looking at was an away team, Wigan away to Hull?

But sticking with the safe bets, I don't think we should go for Wigan, they are 6/4 though, would it be worth a risk? Or a draw/Wigan bet perhaps?

The second team I was looking at was an away team, Wigan away to Hull?

But sticking with the safe bets, I don't think we should go for Wigan, they are 6/4 though, would it be worth a risk? Or a draw/Wigan bet perhaps?

Don't fancy Wigan to be honest, along with Bolton they are probably the most unpredicatble team in the EPL

The first team I think would be a good bet this week are Oldham;

Oldham have won their last three games after going five games without a win in the league. They've beat Carlisle 2-0 (currently 18th), Southend 1-0 (currently 14th) and MK Dons 2-1 (currently 5th). In the last three games they've climbed from 21st to 8th.

Yeovil have won one game in their last eleven matches, a 2-0 win at home to Brentford (currently 10th). Yeovil haven't had an away win since the 14th of February. In the last 14 games, they have drawn four and lost ten.

Oldham are missing Nick Blackman who has played in four of Oldham's ten games, scoring one goal.

Yeovil are missing defender Craig Alcock who has played in seven games this season and also forward Jon Obika who has played in six games this season, both have scored a goal each this season.

Oldham's top scorer is Pawel Abbott with four goals in ten appearances.

Yeovil's top scorer is Gavin Tomlin with three goals in nine appearances.

Oldham odds; 5/6

Guys if there is one team to avoid betting on in the world apart from the Hearts it is Oldham! Ever since my uncle got attacked down there they have been a bloody jinx! My selections will be with you in next 10 minutes...I wonder who Charlton are playing.......i

My bets would be;

CHESTERFIELD v Accrington Stanley

SOUTHAMPTON **v Gillingham

SHEFFIELD UTD v Doncaster

LUTON v Tamworth * I know they lost their manager today!

QUEEN OF THE SOUTH v Morton

**Nap Bet!

My bets would be;

**Nap Bet!

I like QoS v Morton.

Southampton looks a good bet.

I'm not sure about Chesterfield, Accrington have only lost one in the last six.

Sheffield United are unbeaten in the league at home, Doncaster haven't won away in the league. Both sides have drawn 3 of their 5 home/away games though, I think Sheff U are too short a price for value, a draw is a big possibility in this game.

Tamworth are unbeaten in their last 7 games, I'm not sure about the Luton bet.

So, Queen of the South, Southampton - anyone have any thoughts on the above two sides?

The Old Tolbooth

I reckon Spurs are a decent bet away to Bolton tomorrow Statto, trading roughly at 1.90.

Other bankers include

Everton 1.57

Sheff Utd 1.66

Southampton 1.83

Motherwell 1.8

I like QoS v Morton.

Southampton looks a good bet.

I'm not sure about Chesterfield, Accrington have only lost one in the last six.

Sheffield United are unbeaten in the league at home, Doncaster haven't won away in the league. Both sides have drawn 3 of their 5 home/away games though, I think Sheff U are too short a price for value, a draw is a big possibility in this game.

Tamworth are unbeaten in their last 7 games, I'm not sure about the Luton bet.

So, Queen of the South, Southampton - anyone have any thoughts on the above two sides?

I still like Sheffield Utd, If we go with Q o S and Southampton lets decide on another.

I reckon Spurs are a decent bet away to Bolton tomorrow Statto, trading roughly at 1.90.

Other bankers include

Everton 1.57

Sheff Utd 1.66

Southampton 1.83

Motherwell 1.8

Everton are playing Sunday so I'll leave them out this week.

Sheffield United's game looks difficult, S.U. have drawn 3 of their last 5 home games and Doncaster have drawn 3 of their last 5 away games.

I like the look of the Southampton bet and Motherwell at home to Falkirk looks good.

Falkirk haven't scored in 4, drawing 3 of the games 0-0 against Kilmarnock, Hamilton and Aberdeen, who all have scored LESS goals than Motherwell in the league this season.

Falkirk's only victory this season came at home to Vaduz.

EDIT: Tottenham I'm not sure about, Bolton have won 2 of their last 4 Premiership games and were leading Liverpool twice before getting beat 3-2. Tottenham have conceded at least one goal in every away match they have played this season. Spurs have their top 2 centre backs out and Pavlyuchenko and top scorer Defoe are doubtful.

So, Queen of the South, Southampton, Motherwell looks like it could be the bet.

Everton are playing Sunday so I'll leave them out this week.

Sheffield United's game looks difficult, S.U. have drawn 3 of their last 5 home games and Doncaster have drawn 3 of their last 5 away games.

I like the look of the Southampton bet and Motherwell at home to Falkirk looks good.

Falkirk haven't scored in 4, drawing 3 of the games 0-0 against Kilmarnock, Hamilton and Aberdeen, who all have scored LESS goals than Motherwell in the league this season.

Falkirk's only victory this season came at home to Vaduz.

EDIT: Tottenham I'm not sure about, Bolton have won 2 of their last 4 Premiership games and were leading Liverpool twice before getting beat 3-2. Tottenham have conceded at least one goal in every away match they have played this season. Spurs have their top 2 centre backs out and Pavlyuchenko and top scorer Defoe are doubtful.

So, Queen of the South, Southampton, Motherwell looks like it could be the bet.

Right lets stick our dough on that 3..........

Right lets stick our dough on that 3..........

Everyone happy with those 3?

?86.69 returned (excluding stake)

I'll place the bet at 23.30 if there's no objections.

No objections Mi Lord.....

Good luck everyone :)

Think well need it! Can't say i'm overly confident in those selections (i'm not doing great just now myself) but i'm hoping to be proved wrong. :) c'mon the jkb coupon!!

Fine with me mate

After all our deliberations, Q of S now 3 down to Morton who were 4/1 !

Just as well there is always next week.........

Bet 2: Southampton, Motherwell and Queen of the South.

Bet done, Queens 3 down now. :43:

As i've said on the betting thread, QoS went top of the league last season (as they did last week) and never won again for 3 months! Stay clear now.

My bets would be;

**Nap Bet!

pity Q of S let in 3 before starting to play..........

West Brom went top of the league winning away at Middlesborough 5-0. The following week they get beat at home. - Letting the JKB syndicate down!

Queen of the South went top of the league winning away at Dunfermline 4-1. The following week they get beat at home. - Letting the JKB syndicate down!

:21:

West Brom went top of the league winning away at Middlesborough 5-0. The following week they get beat at home. - Letting the JKB syndicate down!

Queen of the South went top of the league winning away at Dunfermline 4-1. The following week they get beat at home. - Letting the JKB syndicate down!

:21:

Right no more bets on top of the League teams....... but no bets on bottom of the league either!

Right 3rd time lucky..........

Charlton home 8/15 thats all from me. lets just pick one each, do we need to ante up?

You guys should have checked Morton's record at Palmerston before backing Queens at around 1/2!

We should really get a stats man on board! :smiley2:

You guys should have checked Morton's record at Palmerston before backing Queens at around 1/2!

Thanks for telling us acey, a week late.........

After a quick look, Huddersfield, Swindon, Aldershot, Bournemouth, Dagenham & Red, Rotherham and Shrewsbury all look good homes.

I'll do a bit of digging and see what I can find.

After a quick look, Huddersfield, Swindon, Aldershot, Bournemouth, Dagenham & Red, Rotherham and Shrewsbury all look good homes.

Like the look of these plus CHARLTON.............

What did we say about top of the league sides though??

I'll plump for Rotherham at home to Hereford. 4/7

I have no BEEF with that choice..........

Archived