Wallace

super_vlad

Was thinking of this last night, now we know how good he is but is it just me but is he usually quieter in the 2 half ?

Now i sit in F on the whaetfield and see him up close bombing up and down the line in the first half but when he is on the other side he seems to be quieter and stays back more. This was defo true last night, does anyone else agree with this or is it just the fact that i have a pish view from where i am ?

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
Was thinking of this last night, now we know how good he is but is it just me but is he usually quieter in the 2 half ?

Now i sit in F on the whaetfield and see him up close bombing up and down the line in the first half but when he is on the other side he seems to be quieter and stays back more. This was defo true last night, does anyone else agree with this or is it just the fact that i have a pish view from where i am ?

Never got up and down as much second half last night but his link up play after the break with Driver was brilliant. Sitting down the front of the Gorgie End near the left, you can see how much they are on the same wavelength. They never even seem to shout or point to where they want the ball, it just seems playing together for so long they know what each other are doing. Also Lee's close control of the ball is immense. His touch a couple of times last night in tight areas was great.

I know it sounds like Hearts bias but I honestly cannot see what Callum Davidson or Jamie McAllister offer Scotland that Wallace doesnt. Hopefully by the time the Euro qualifiers come around Wallace is Scotlands LB

I think the reason he was a little quieter in the 2nd half was due to Driver being switched to the right wing for most of it. It mystifies me why Andy and Suso were swapped. Driver and Wallace tore Clancy a new hoop in the first half and he was on a booking. We should have kept the pressure on him IMO.

Never got up and down as much second half last night but his link up play after the break with Driver was brilliant. Sitting down the front of the Gorgie End near the left, you can see how much they are on the same wavelength. They never even seem to shout or point to where they want the ball, it just seems playing together for so long they know what each other are doing. Also Lee's close control of the ball is immense. His touch a couple of times last night in tight areas was great.

I know it sounds like Hearts bias but I honestly cannot see what Callum Davidson or Jamie McAllister offer Scotland that Wallace doesnt. Hopefully by the time the Euro qualifiers come around Wallace is Scotlands LB

It was funny in the first half because wallace was pointing in the gap for about 2 mins to driver and when he played the ball Driver was no where near it !

They do link up really well, you even show driver going to LB when wallace had bombed ahead of him. The fact that Driver is also avaiable for Scotland now could mean that we could see this partnership in the future for Scotland !

I think its a simple case of having to do a bit more defending in the second half. Did his job but defending doesn't hit the headlines.

Guest jambomickey
I think its a simple case of having to do a bit more defending in the second half. Did his job but defending doesn't hit the headlines.

agreed.

I thought Wallace was brilliant in the first half, and his link up play with Driver was exellent. As someone has mentioned, when Driver switched to the right he fell out of the game a bit, but still a solid enough 2nd half performance from him.

I would love to see him play left midfield, with Jose behind him, driver on the right and Obua in the "hole".

Archived