Nokia N97

Prince Buaben

Got an N97 at the begining of August. Everything working well until last week where it would stop receiving text messages unless i turned it off then on again. It has now been sent for repair.

Anyone else had similar problems??

brunstanejambo

Had one for about the same length of time, and I?ve seen that a few times. Tends to be when I have it connected via PC Suite and am sending texts from my PC.

I've also found that it occasionally forgets my ringtone ? reverting back to the awful Nokia tune which drives me up the wall ? and I have to then re-activate my profile even though it is active in the first place.

I work as an electronics design engineer though (actually spent 6 years working for Nokia on their mobile phone base stations ? hence my hatred of the Nokia tune as I used to hear it about 500 times a day due to the fact that everyone had a phone and you couldn?t change the tune in those days) and to be honest I?m not entirely surprised to see wee bugs like this in a new product.

You?re probably wasting your time sending it in for repair though ? better of just waiting a few months for a firmware upgrade to come out as all of these little things will be ironed out in a future release.

Top phone though ? best gadget I have gotten in a long time.

that even happens with my 6300. it's a probably a network related problem.

T mobile says its not. When the sims in my N95 it works fine... Although the N95 is a differant story

Archived