Valladolid's new mascot....

Ivan Drago

I could quite honestly watch the section where he plays the trumpet and does the GIUY gesture for the rest of my life and never get bored.

:laugh:

Chad Sexington

Haha :stuart:

That's going to end with a S.W.A.T. team desperately chasing it round a running track with a spectators head in its mouth.

when you said, "its a bear", i thought, "whats so interesting about a guy in a bear suit"? then i saw the footage. its possibly the greatest thing ever.

its gonna end in tears tho.

Il give it 2 months before it goes mental and mauls a player.

Are they in sellik's Yooropa Cup group? Having said that, most of their squad look like they've already been mauled by a large predator.

Nade is our bear!!!

I don't mean that to sound racist not meant that way.

Are they in sellik's Yooropa Cup group? Having said that, most of their squad look like they've already been mauled by a large predator.

"mcgeady bombing down the left, beats one, beats two.....OH SHIIIIII- mcgeady has been slashed by the mascott. Ref plays advantage...."

I could quite honestly watch the section where he plays the trumpet and does the GIUY gesture for the rest of my life and never get bored.

Animals doing human things = win. Bears come a close second to monkeys as far as this concerned

when you said, "its a bear", i thought, "whats so interesting about a guy in a bear suit"? then i saw the footage. its possibly the greatest thing ever.

its gonna end in tears tho.

I did the exact same when my brother was telling me about it.

It should enter the mascot Grand National they do with all the English mascots...

i want us to have a bear.

vlad, buy us a bear. you can choose it yourself if you like.

Arkadiusz Klimek.

I'm amazed this has gone as far as 17 replies without someone moaning about cruelty.

Why?

Is he not a Valladolid fan?

I think it's pretty disgusting to be honest.

I've seen how the gypsies train the bears to do this kind of stuff in Bulgaria and it's not nice.

I've seen how the gypsies train the bears to do this kind of stuff in Bulgaria and it's not nice.

Look, if you're not proud of your past, there's other ways of getting over it, message board probably not the way to go.

Look, if you're not proud of your past, there's other ways of getting over it, message board probably not the way to go.

Eh, hows my past got anythin to do with it!

marshallschunkychicken

That's fecking mental, shan and hilarious all in one.

Guaranteed the noise of the first full house at home makes it snap and go on a rampage.

Saying that, the 'bear playing a trumpet' action alone would be worth the admission price and subsequent chance of death.

:smiley2:

Your generalization of traveling folk and bear trainers makes me sick to the stomach.

It is cruel, but hardly worth posting really when you see the standard of the earlier replies which show extreme ignorance of the animal's lack of dignity. As noted, the methods used to train any wild animal to perform are universally disgusting.

I have just returned from Alaska where it was a privilege to see both Brown and Black Bears in their natural habitat and to see this travesty is both depressing and enraging. But then again, what would you expect from a nation which glorifies the torture of bulls and donkeys.

Surely, the EEC will make them conform to Northern European standards of animal husbandry, sooner rather than later.

It is cruel, but hardly worth posting really when you see the standard of the earlier replies which show extreme ignorance of the animal's lack of dignity. As noted, the methods used to train any wild animal to perform are universally disgusting.

I have just returned from Alaska where it was a privilege to see both Brown and Black Bears in their natural habitat and to see this travesty is both depressing and enraging. But then again, what would you expect from a nation which glorifies the torture of bulls and donkeys.

Surely, the EEC will make them conform to Northern European standards of animal husbandry, sooner rather than later.

The bear looks fairly well looked after and happy IMO.

Not like some you see who HAVE suffered neglect.

The bear looks fairly well looked after and happy IMO.

Not like some you see who HAVE suffered neglect.

absolutely. bears want to play the trumpet.

Your generalization of traveling folk and bear trainers makes me sick to the stomach.

They were gysies:bucktooth::bucktooth:

You do have a point.... but it's a bear doing a forward roll and playing the trumpet!!! :2thumbsup:

The Valladolid bear had the approval of the Corrie Inn tonight.

Tomorrow he'll captivate the Diggers, next week the world.

I wish I was his agent.

Trumpet playing? GIUY gestures?

He can do it all.

Buy a car stereo off him?

Was thinking more that he could rip his ****ing head off and kick it about the place then he could just take his car stereo off him.

Then he could after that goon the tramps from Govan have and be top bear.

If we did get a live bear as a mascot, what should his name be?

No doubt the ding dongs in our marketing department would call him something s**** that begins with an H, J or T.

I'd call the big lad Arthur.

Arthur the bear - no **** would mess with him.

Archived