Stadium redevelopment, official announcement?

garethjambo

About a month ago or so, someone posted on here that Hearts had decided at this time, against redeveloping the main stand due to obvious financial limitations.

I may have missed it, but just wondered if there has been an official announcement regarding this??

Don't think anything offical from Hearts was announced.

As far as I am aware planning permission has still not been granted or rejected so Hearts can't develop the stadium just now even if they wanted too.

About a month ago or so, someone posted on here that Hearts had decided at this time, against redeveloping the main stand due to obvious financial limitations.

I may have missed it, but just wondered if there has been an official announcement regarding this??

You've got a low number of posts.

We have no money for a striker never mind a new stand.

Hibs will have a new stand before us...it's what you call running a football club properly:th_o:

Hibs will have a new stand before us...it's what you call running a football club properly:th_o:

Unfortunately, too true :(

Liam Miller and Anthony Stokes are fairly good signings, unfortunately. At this rate though, Hibs will have a new stdium before we get a striker, never mind new main stand :th_o:

Maroon tinted glasses 2

I was under the impression that the "nou tramp" permission ran out during this current season, this would mean the development would need to start pretty soon and i cant see this happening during the season.

Guest jambomickey

like the new stands promised to ripo and kaunas we'll still be waiting long after vlad has gone, promises are easy it's action that matters.

Guest jambomickey
Why do certain posters turn every thread into a Hobo love in :001_9898:

if you don't think the hobos are better run than us then you're living in another planet.

Nucky Thompson
if you don't think the hobos are better run than us then you're living in another planet.
It's not the case of thinking anything. It's cringeworthy posting on a Hearts related thread and finding it turned into a Vermin love in by the usual suspects.

Guest jambomickey
It's not the case of thinking anything. It's cringeworthy posting on a Hearts related thread and finding it turned into a Vermin love in by the usual suspects.

it's a fact that they're a better run club than us, and they'll have there promised new stand, and there manager picks his signing targets.

Nucky Thompson
it's a fact that they're a better run club than us, and they'll have there promised new stand, and there manager picks his signing targets.
What the feck has that got to do with the thread title :arghh:

Nucky Thompson
do you agree with the facts i stated?
I would NEVER agree about anything Hubz. If you want to sook up their farters away and join their forum and tell them how well they are run.

Guest jambomickey
I would NEVER agree about anything Hubz. If you want to sook up their farters away and join their forum and tell them how well they are run.

boo nobody hates hibs more than me but i'd rather we had a balance sheet like there's, a guy runnuing the club like they have and a manager who made the football decisions.

Why do certain posters turn every thread into a Hobo love in :001_9898:

Why do you show up on every thread and just talk pesh when you disagree with the poster.

Git your heid oot the sand fur christ sake

PS Apologies to the OP for the thread going off tack, ignore my reference to the mob fae the east

Nucky Thompson
Why do you show up on every thread and just talk pesh when you disagree with the poster.

Git your heid oot the sand fur christ sake

I viewed the thread because I was interested to find out if anything official had come from Hearts, only for it to be hijacked by a fecking troll.

Mac_fae_Gillie

funny thing BOO but if you just didnt ask your 1st qestion that would have stopped 10useless posts...talk about trolling.

P.S.no reply required as i'm just pointing out a fact...

Boo is simply a Romanov sycophant.

The main stand will need work, ongoing work at that, to ensure it continues to be granted its H&S certificate. It would be nice to have a shiny new stand, unlikely to happen though, certainly under the current climate.

Maybe the board assume it's better to say nowt and hope either that this will change or people won't give a damn / remember they promised it in the first place.

nobody hates hibs more than me

Right. :th_o:

i'd rather we had a balance sheet like there's, a guy runnuing the club like they have and a manager who made the football decisions.

Would you also like to have their Scottish Cup record as you seem to love everything else about them? :smoking:

And as for the manager making the football decisions, if you believe that Mr Romanov interferes then it's obvious that he interfered his way to a Scottish Cup win in 2006 and entry to the Champions League. :smoking:

Would you also like to have their Scottish Cup record as you seem to love everything else about them? :smoking:

And as for the manager making the football decisions, if you believe that Mr Romanov interferes then it's obvious that he interfered his way to a Scottish Cup win in 2006 and entry to the Champions League. :smoking:

Exactly why does Vlad only interfere when we lose, but never when we win??

Still noone seems to grasp the point I made in my earlier post that the Council have still not decided if we are getting planning permission on not so it is impossible to build the new stand at the moment.

Guest jambomickey

champions league qualifier.

You are as bad as that other lot. Like or not Mickey ( and it appears you don't ) we played in the Champions League. :cool_shades:

Mickey, you have your beliefs on how the club is run and you're entitled to it but do not come on here and dismiss the achievements of 2005/2006, that Wednesday night against Aberdeen was one of my proudest moments of a Hearts fan and should have been for all Hearts fans and no matter what happened before then or after should not be belittled

I honestly have no urge for a new stand. We should look at winning on a more regular basis, so as, to create proper demand, and, the need for a new stand.

Was a qualifier for the group stage. Was still the Champions League. If it wasn't what was the name of the competition we entered?

do you agree with the facts i stated?

How a football club is run is based purely on results. You can economically run a football club but never get the results(as in scorelines and cup wins) and you can win everything but go out of business.

To all of a sudden say Hibs are a well run football club yet achieve nothing is stupid.

Hibs may have a better bank balance just now but they are not run by a company that owns a bank.

Hibs may build their stand with their own money bit unless they produce on the pitch they won't get the spectators.

Hearts year in year produce better results than Hibs as far as competitions go and turnover.

Why do you think this company performs better?:stuart:

I must have imagined watching Hearts in the Europa Cup just two weeks ago because it was only a qualifying round. Both European competitions have different stages............qualifying stage, group stage, knock out stage, but each stage is part of the competition.

You can believe Hobo propaganda all you want, and apparently do, but I'll stick to the plain truth.

CH

I must have imagined watching Hearts in the Europa Cup just two weeks ago because it was only a qualifying round. Both European competitions have different stages............qualifying stage, group stage, knock out stage, but each stage is part of the competition.

You can believe Hobo propaganda all you want, and apparently do, but I'll stick to the plain truth.

CH

C'mon. Clutching at straws here. The ACTUAL competition is the group. Not the qualifiers. Why else are they called that?

We watched Hearts in two qualifiers, different types, but certainly not the actual competition.

Or did Scotland compete at the World Cup 2010 and unfortunately got kicked out the year previous?

C'mon. Clutching at straws here. The ACTUAL competition is the group. Not the qualifiers. Why else are they called that?

We watched Hearts in two qualifiers, different types, but certainly not the actual competition.

Or did Scotland compete at the World Cup 2010 and unfortunately got kicked out the year previous?

Scotland did compete in the 2010 World Cup competition. We simply failed to reach the World Cup 2010 Finals.

Uefa should never use the word "qualifier" in the Champions league and Europa league rounds. Every team that has reached both competitions should already be fully qualified by having success within their own domestic leagues.

I hate the fact that some of the big clubs get two chances. If they fail at the champions league last qualifying round, they automatically jump into the Europa league. This is giving he big clubs too much protection imo.

Mark.

If someone was being really pedantic, they could point out that UEFA (i.e. the organisers of the Europa League) characterise it as comprising three qualifying rounds, a play-off round and a 48-team group stage, with five subsequent knockout rounds to be played in the spring. Thus, Hearts did participate in the Europa League. That is, in reality, indisputable.

Clearly, Scotland have not participated in the 2010 World Cup finals, but then no country has. Like any other FIFA-recognised country, they have participated in the preliminary qualifying stages. They didn't have to anything to qualify to participate in that, though, so to compare that with the achievement of Hearts of qualifying to participate in the Champions League and Europa League competitions is probably where the straws are in the most danger of being clutched.

No straw clutching from me. Are you saying that when the group stages are finished the competition is over and the knock-out stages that follow don't count? That's where your logic is taking you.

Here was me thinking that on that glorious night when we beat Aberdeen we had qualified for the champions league, qualifying stage, but it was all a mirage.

You do Hearts a great disservice by thinking like this.

CH

BTW, your Scotland example does not hold water as they did not finish in the top two and therefore didn't qualify for the final stages. We (Hearts) did finish in the top two and therefore did qualify

I think we received a payment that year from Eufa for competing in the Champions league. You can break it down to different stages all you want. To me Hearts even getting to the qualifying stages was an achievement in itself and if a fellow Jambo wants to gloat about that. Fine by me.

wow!

this thread is all over the place!

so, how's the stand redevelopement coming along folks?? any news???

Still with planning and building standards. Last I heard there was a problem with the phasing of the development.:qqb017:

Just to answer the OP's original question. Hearts are revising the application for planning permission and are currently in negotiation with the Edinburugh City Council regarding the price of land now that so much time has expired since the original agreement.

I have to say that I was always sure and confident that our new stand would be built however, have you seen that monster that has grown over the road from Tynecastle park. IMO there's no way the regime at the city chambers or the jimmy parly are going to allow a new stand to be built as big as was proposed in the first set of applications and plans.

For a start the proposed new stand would block the light getting into the classrooms and that is always a consideration when passing new build plans. Mcleod street not being wide enough and of course the new tram station which Hearts will have to pay for. Which we won't

Sadly I have come to the conclusion that it will never happen there's just to many people in high places who never came on board to make it succeed and just as many who want it to fail.

Guest JamboRobbo
like the new stands promised to ripo and kaunas we'll still be waiting long after vlad has gone, promises are easy it's action that matters.

Correct.

I have to say that I was always sure and confident that our new stand would be built however, have you seen that monster that has grown over the road from Tynecastle park. IMO there's no way the regime at the city chambers or the jimmy parly are going to allow a new stand to be built as big as was proposed in the first set of applications and plans.

For a start the proposed new stand would block the light getting into the classrooms and that is always a consideration when passing new build plans. Mcleod street not being wide enough and of course the new tram station which Hearts will have to pay for. Which we won't

Sadly I have come to the conclusion that it will never happen there's just to many people in high places who never came on board to make it succeed and just as many who want it to fail.

So to summarise.......

The blame for the stand not being built is as follows :

The Council

The School

The Trams

McLeod Street

The sun for not being high enough in the sky

Ok.

Guest JamboRobbo
So to summarise.......

The blame for the stand not being built is as follows :

The Council

The School

The Trams

McLeod Street

The sun for not being high enough in the sky

Ok.

don't forget the media and the sfa and the referees. probably their fault too. Nothing at all to do with the mad one though. Absolutely nothing.

The "Clutching at straws" phrase always seems more aposite to the hobos and hobophiles who try and spin the "Hearts were never in the Champions League" line.

It's a line that relies on choosing particular definitions of terms. If you accept those definitions it's true if you don't then it's not. However the very fact that Hobo Zebra fondlers are reduced to quibbling about the precise labelling of the achievment emphasises just how unarguable the achievement itself was and how desperate some people are to belittle it.

I was there at the full time whistle against Aberdeen when we took from the Huns the top two placing that they'd come to think of as their birthright. I was one of 35,000 (Thirty five thousand!) roaring on a 10 man Hearts attempts to cling on to a 1-0 lead against AEK. I know what happened because I was there, They know what happened because they could hear our reaction to Hartley's penalty in Leith. We briefly flew higher than they could ever dream of. I know it, You know it, They know it and they don't like it, whatever it's called.

To quibble with how it's described is like telling Michael Collins that he never actually travelled to the moon (because he stayed in orbit while only Armstrong and Aldrin descended to the surface) when your own experience of rocketry involves an unfortunate cat on November the 5th.

Nucky Thompson
don't forget the media and the sfa and the referees. probably their fault too. Nothing at all to do with the mad one though. Absolutely nothing.
You're one boring individual:qqb017:

Guest JamboRobbo
You're one boring individual:qqb017:

And you seem to be a particularly deluded individual but I don't see what me being boring or you being deluded has to do with Hearts not redeveloping the stand.

Why do we never see you posting in threads about anything other than boardroom politics?

Why do we never see you posting in threads about anything other than boardroom politics?

whose feckin delusional....move on son:th_o:

Archived