Looking for help from Royal Mail workers

kev_russ

My name is Kevin and I am an undergraduate fourth year student in Edinburgh. I am currently doing my 4th year project on the experiences of Royal Mail workers within the recent industrial action. I am an independent researcher with no contact with the Royal Mail and looking to interview staff around the Edinburgh area. Its just short interviews based on the workers experience and the reasons for strike action. All info is kept confidential and anonymous within the University and destroyed at a later date. I do not intend to dig up any information that might cause offence to anyone that works for the Royal Mail. I mainly interested in industrial conflict.

Thanks for your time.

[email protected]

No use talking to Gadgy55...

Rumour has it (from inside information) that the Gadg' has taken off his "working" jacket and swapped it for a "Managers" shirt and tie.

Got several friends who work within the service who are really p i $$ed off that this guy, who defended the workers against management proposals to the hilt has now deflected to the "other side".

In my opinion, SHAME ON YOU GADG':sad:

It may well be an interesting read as you will now get a view from both sides of the fence should he decide to take up your request.

Walter Payton

Rumour has it (from inside information) that the Gadg' has taken off his "working" jacket and swapped it for a "Managers" shirt and tie.

Got several friends who work within the service who are really p i $$ed off that this guy, who defended the workers against management proposals to the hilt has now deflected to the "other side".

It may well be an interesting read as you will now get a view from both sides of the fence should he decide to take up your request.

I've got as much information about what's gone on as you by the sounds of it, but why shouldn't Gadgey take a promotion if it's going? IMO if he can make life better off for him and his family by taking the promotion he's doing the responsible thing. The unions can always find another mouthpiece to insist on their 5 strikes a year :peek_by_Andrin:. It's a really childish trait to start badmouthing a friend just because he got a promotion (which I bet they'd have taken if they were offered it). If you've got a promotion, congratulations Gadgey.

My name is Kevin and I am an undergraduate fourth year student in Edinburgh. I am currently doing my 4th year project on the experiences of Royal Mail workers within the recent industrial action. I am an independent researcher with no contact with the Royal Mail and looking to interview staff around the Edinburgh area. Its just short interviews based on the workers experience and the reasons for strike action. All info is kept confidential and anonymous within the University and destroyed at a later date. I do not intend to dig up any information that might cause offence to anyone that works for the Royal Mail. I mainly interested in industrial conflict.

Thanks for your time.

[email protected]

If you want to interview Royal mail staff just pop into any boozer near a depot at around 11.30am and you'll find plenty.

Hmmm.

Well big fella, there are a number of reasons for making the switch. First and foremost, my family come before anything, and as my 4th bairn is on it's way (19 weeks gone), I reckon i can provide a better future for my lot on better pay.

Secondly, The last lot of strikes almost cost me ma house. Did the union give a **** then? Did they hell. What good did the strikes do at the end of the day? Bugger all. The changes are still being implimented. At the time though, I did indeed fight the union corner, because that was the done thing. I didn't scab the strike. I never will whilst being a postie neither.

I am now a deputy manager. Or a trainee manager if you will. Same old gadgey to my 'friends'. Met a couple at the pub pre-match last night. They don't mind me making the step up. Most actually don't. I cannie see why anyone should get ****ed off with someone with a wee bit of ambition towards a company i have spent the last 11 years of my life with.

Well done Gadgey, hope it works out!

Too many of the 'higher' managers I met had never been postmen, they had no idea of the job. Hope you keep the job.

maroonlegions
If you want to interview Royal mail staff just pop into any boozer near a depot at around 11.30am and you'll find plenty.

DO YOU GET ANY PERKS IN YOUR JOB EH .;)

Hmmm.

Well big fella, there are a number of reasons for making the switch. First and foremost, my family come before anything, and as my 4th bairn is on it's way (19 weeks gone), I reckon i can provide a better future for my lot on better pay.CONGRATULATIONS....don't know how better the pay is though

Secondly, The last lot of strikes almost cost me ma house. Did the union give a **** then? Did they hell. What good did the strikes do at the end of the day? Bugger all. The changes are still being implimented. At the time though, I did indeed fight the union corner, because that was the done thing. I didn't scab the strike. I never will whilst being a postie neither. change your mortgage so you can miss a payment or two, it's aloud, 25 years to pay it off or even 30 if your young enough

I am now a deputy manager. Or a trainee manager if you will. Same old gadgey to my 'friends'. Met a couple at the pub pre-match last night. They don't mind me making the step up. Most actually don't. I cannie see why anyone should get ****ed off with someone with a wee bit of ambition towards a company i have spent the last 11 years of my life with.

:hae36:

Walter Payton
:hae36:

So you honestly are suggesting Gadgey shouldn't have taken a promotion because of his friends still doing the entry level job? Sorry mate, but if thats the way you and your friends think I've got no respect for you at all. If a friend gets a promotion a true friend will try and make the transition easier, not turn his back on them because they're now "the other side".

I honestly hope you don't have kids that you ever need to give careers advice today. "No son, you just keep flipping those burgers for the rest of your life. You might lose some of your greasy, plook infested no hoper friends if you show signs of ambition, and we all know you'll never replace them with people who realise how the world really works."

Again- Congratulations Gadgey.

Nelly Terraces
So you honestly are suggesting Gadgey shouldn't have taken a promotion because of his friends still doing the entry level job? Sorry mate, but if thats the way you and your friends think I've got no respect for you at all. If a friend gets a promotion a true friend will try and make the transition easier, not turn his back on them because they're now "the other side".

I honestly hope you don't have kids that you ever need to give careers advice today. "No son, you just keep flipping those burgers for the rest of your life. You might lose some of your greasy, plook infested no hoper friends if you show signs of ambition, and we all know you'll never replace them with people who realise how the world really works."

Again- Congratulations Gadgey.

Nice 1 Andy. Nail on head.

Well done Gadge. Good luck in the new job. Pretty sure just because you've managed to get promoted in your work, you haven't turned into a monster over night.

Walter Payton
Nice 1 Andy. Nail on head.

Well done Gadge. Good luck in the new job. Pretty sure just because you've managed to get promoted in your work, you haven't turned into a monster over night.

Nells- I think Robertson9 needs one of your home-made, non-laminated and perfectly folded signs.

Kev, I'll get in touch soon if ye want mate.

Nice one gadge! Cheers mate!

Archived