Glorious Seasons!

gregzy2k7

Was just thinking there about some of our best seasons like 85-86,97-98 and 05-06 and a thought just Occurred to me,It seems that Hearts have one season every Decade that they build a side that is capable of winning the league or doing something special. :hat2:

I know it's a kind of Wtf logic but just think that there could be something in this Is it Fate that we inevitably have one magic season every decade ?

The big question is when will the next special season be ?:10900:

Hearts Heritage
......It seems that Hearts have one season every Decade that they build a side that is capable of winning the league or doing something special.

Apart from 1890 to 1906 and 1954 to 1962?

pizzacatjambo
Was just thinking there about some of our best seasons like 85-86,97-98 and 05-06 and a thought just Occurred to me,It seems that Hearts have one season every Decade that they build a side that is capable of winning the league or doing something special. :hat2:

I know it's a kind of Wtf logic but just think that there could be something in this Is it Fate that we inevitably have one magic season every decade ?

The big question is when will the next special season be ?:10900:

next decade??

Charlie-Brown

We had very strong teams in the period 1986-92 and had 4 top 3 or 3 top 2 finishes in just 7 seasons , we also reached hampden on several occassions in that time period - bummer that we never actually won anything but as a whole the club was maximising it's resources, wasn't accruing large debts in the process and short of grabbing a piece of (deserved) silverware i think over those 7 seasons the club was actually doing as well as it possibly could given our resources relative to what Rangers & Celtic had in that same time period .... I know there are no prizes for coming 2nd but coming 2nd in the SPL and having beaten one of the Old Firm over the course of a season isn't a trivial achievement and nowadays would get you a shot at champions league qualifiers ... that has to be a high watermark period in the modern era in terms of league placings but of course the cup wins of 1998 & 2006 put trophies in the cabinet. :)

I would say 2005/06 was more of a disappointment than glorious. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly appreciate us winning the Scottish Cup, but I still can't get over what could have been. 1998 was better as that team pretty much fulfilled its potential.

Archived