Vlad to launch TV sports channel in Lithuania?

Martin_T

I can't find a link online, but I read on my Bloomberg terminal at work the other day that Romanov is planning to launch a dedicated sports channel on Lithuanian TV. A figure of $8.6 million dollars was quoted. I wonder if the rights to Hearts games will be transferred to this channel from Tango TV?

Interesting.

I have a picture in my head of a program called, "An hour with Vlad". A topical look at the past week in football.

Mad Eddie as his co host.

He was probably bored one day and just decided to start one up.

"I've got the bank, a few football clubs, submarine, aluminium works, building a hotel, what can I do next...ah I think I'll start up a sports tv channel"

He was probably bored one day and just decided to start one up.

"I've got the bank, a few football clubs, submarine, aluminium works, building a hotel, what can I do next...ah I think I'll start up a sports tv channel"

The computer game he's been must be getting boring.... Football manager, must be a new game he's started to play sport tv tycoon.

The following is the exact text from the Bloomberg article published on February 1st:

Vladimir Romanov, owner of Edinburgh's Heart of Midlothian PLC soccer club, plans to invest as much as 20 million litai ($8.6 million) in a sports channel in Lithuania, Lietuvos Zinios reported today.

Romanov's investment group UBIG won a license to broadcast TV programs, the newspaper said, citing a decision by a regulator. The new sports channel may begin brodcasting in July.

Fequ me,if they show the Hearts games it will turn more of the Lith population against football,more and more will be watching netball or what ever they watch.

Fequ me,if they show the Hearts games it will turn more of the Lith population against football,more and more will be watching netball or what ever they watch.

Maybe not though...:P

bigbryanthejambo

...apparantley the show is going to be hosted by Eduard Malofeev and Ricardis Beniussis.

Bet you any money they'd do a better job than Stott and Walker!

Calum Elliots gaunie be making the tea for those on set.....at last the boys found his calling! ;):P

Interesting.

I have a picture in my head of a program called, "An hour with Vlad". A topical look at the past week in football.

Mad Eddie as his co host.

Now that would be worth tuning in for.

Vlad: Well Eddie, Keith Jackson?

Mad Eddie: Dobber.

Archived