VLAD?

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Siphiwe Tshabalala

What does he want from us?

Why did he want us in the 1st place?

Why does he like to **** everything that goes well for the club up?

Vlad GTF!

Vlad GTF!

simply he wanted to promote lithuanian football,atm its even worse than scottish.bringing their players to other leagues would get them noticed and hopefully they gain better training and experience that they can then use in international matches.

IMO

simply he wanted to promote lithuanian football,atm its even worse than scottish.bringing their players to other leagues would get them noticed and hopefully they gain better training and experience that they can then use in international matches.

IMO

Pretty much in a nutshell matey.

Vlad GTF!

Please, put down the knife and step away from the bleach.

It's not worth it.

I honestly can't understand why people don't see it!

If he reacts to any criticism as he does, as we see it with managers and players, is it surprising that he is acting the way he is in light of the vitriol he'll see from much of the support?

Please, this is not justifying him one bit, but I don't think it's too difficult to see that, and it's now, for him, a case of he'll do the bare minimum to protect his investment, and any "enthusiasm" he may have had has long gone.

Self-inflicted much of it may be, but he won't see it that way.

Long term, our only hope is that someone buys him out, because I think we're getting to the stage, if we're not already there, where he's going to vent his spleen on those who he sees insulting him.

Let's face it, there are a few on here, who go ape s***t if someone says "Boo" to them, or dares to challenge their opinion!!!

Vlad GTF!

Why do you feel the need to start another teeth gnashing thread about him?

What does he want from us? to make money

Why did he want us in the 1st place? to showcase Lithuanian talent and make money Why does he like to **** everything that goes well for the club up? because it is his ball and he wants to make money

Vlad GTF!

Vladamir Romanov is nothing but a russian barrow boy.

What does he want from us? No Idea!

Why did he want us in the 1st place? He didn't, we were 4th or 5th Choice...Nae ^^^^ else was Stupid/desperate enough to take the wee B******Why does he like to **** everything that goes well for the club up? Because when managers or players are doing well, HE'S not centre of attention SO, he feks them off or sacks them!!

Vlad GTF!

I HATE the Little Eggotistical Maniac with a Passion!! :hang:

I honestly can't understand why people don't see it!

If he reacts to any criticism as he does, as we see it with managers and players, is it surprising that he is acting the way he is in light of the vitriol he'll see from much of the support?

Please, this is not justifying him one bit, but I don't think it's too difficult to see that, and it's now, for him, a case of he'll do the bare minimum to protect his investment, and any "enthusiasm" he may have had has long gone.

Self-inflicted much of it may be, but he won't see it that way.

Long term, our only hope is that someone buys him out, because I think we're getting to the stage, if we're not already there, where he's going to vent his spleen on those who he sees insulting him.

Let's face it, there are a few on here, who go ape s***t if someone says "Boo" to them, or dares to challenge their opinion!!!

What criticism was he getting when he sacked Burley and Anderton.

Any enthusiasm he had lasted about 8 weeks.

The man is a clown who is damaging our club every day.

He's here for one reason and it's nothing to do with football.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

IMO

Along with the fact he wanted to get a foothold for his bank in the UK, Unfortunatley for him the worldwide financial situation went breast skywards not long after he arrived and he is now stuck with 1 footy team and 2 expensive buildings, Unless he digs in and rides out the storm they will not be worth the money he paid for them.

Lets not forget that along with alot of drivvel that he has spouted over the past few years he has always stated that he wants hearts to be self sustainable, Unfortunatley he thought it would be easy to dislodge the OF by buying success and didnt appreciate the full extent of the stranglehold they have on the GFA and scottish football. He now sees that it is an almost impossible task and has lost all interest in our club thus resulting in him no longer wanting to put his neck on the line regarding financial input hence the wage cap and buying players on the cheap/free.

I just wish he would pull his ego in though as this is what is really killing our club.

In a few years when the 'credit crunch' is over and done with, he will start to make mega bucks once again, his bank will take off and he can use his fancy expensive buildings to make more money.

Then we will get our stadium and players and win the league 20 seasons in a row!!

Im on holiday next week hence the optisiscm (optisiscm is that a word?)!

In a few years when the 'credit crunch' is over and done with, he will start to make mega bucks once again, his bank will take off and he can use his fancy expensive buildings to make more money.

Then we will get our stadium and players and win the league 20 seasons in a row!!

Im on holiday next week hence the optisiscm (optisiscm is that a word?)!

no... but it sounds like a nasty eye infection.

Touch sinister but how old is romanov? Just thinking we may only have another 15 years or so to put up with him. His son sure as hell wont stick around if the club was handed down to him

funktasticlad

To showcase players and sell them on for a profit, Rudi and Roman proving sucksessfull Makela Pospisil Jose Kingston Pinnilla Chesney Miko Number 28 Beslija Camazola Ibby Tall etc etc etc less so. Also i think he wanted to gain a foothold within the UK for his banking and other buisness interests. In a nutshell he's here to make money and contacts not to make hearts an on field success story, as we all, i hope by now are fully aware of.

Touch sinister but how old is romanov? Just thinking we may only have another 15 years or so to put up with him. His son sure as hell wont stick around if the club was handed down to him

Only???

another 15 seasons with Romanov at the helm!??

Jeez i'll be 36 when he leaves.

funktasticlad
Can someone explain why it's beneficial to Romanov for HMFC to be a failure.

Nobodys saying that.

The general view i believe is hes here for other reasons doesnt matter if we're successful on the park or not. Lets face it, the interest alone in his vast millions in the bank would be enough for him to plough in a few hundred grand to fund csaba cause he surely deserves it, hes not done that has he? Hes made 15million plus in player sales whilst plunging us into further debt all the while never out the headlines, hes a fud because if he wanted us to be a success we could have been long before now and are we? Are we even making ground roads to building on last years success the answers i think you'll find are clear then again maybe not. Nothing surprises me when it comes to Hearts or Kickback!

Nobodys saying that.

The general view i believe is hes here for other reasons doesnt matter if we're successful on the park or not. Lets face it, the interest alone in his vast millions in the bank would be enough for him to plough in a few hundred grand to fund csaba cause he surely deserves it, hes not done that has he? Hes made 15million plus in player sales whilst plunging us into further debt all the while never out the headlines, hes a fud because if he wanted us to be a success we could have been long before now and are we? Are we even making ground roads to building on last years success the answers i think you'll find are clear then again maybe not. Nothing surprises me when it comes to Hearts or Kickback!

Depends what you mean by success, is winning the Scottish Cup splitting the the old firm and making the champions league qualifiers for the first time in our history not success.

He's here to to make money. Or at least (ahem) "turn" money.

It helps if he can find a few more Craig Gordons, Chris Berra's etc......hence his obsession with young players.

The man is a classless coward.

He's here to to make money. Or at least (ahem) "turn" money.

It helps if he can find a few more Craig Gordons, Chris Berra's etc......hence his obsession with young players.

The man is a classless coward.

Driver, Wallace and Jonsson will fall into that category soon I reckon :43:

?1.3 m Hartley ?1.6 M Skackel ?2.3m Bednar ?2.3 m Berra ?9 m Gordon may just have something to do with it. We are a laundry.

?1.3 m Hartley ?1.6 M Skackel ?2.3m Bednar ?2.3 m Berra ?9 m Gordon may just have something to do with it. We are a laundry.

Interesting, how much for these players pre Romanov ?3M the lot if we were lucky

Goldstone Wonder
Interesting, how much for these players pre Romanov ?3M the lot if we were lucky

A fair point although it's not as though we've seen any of that money, so the numbers are fairly academic.

Diadora Van Basten

Vlad is just following the usual path of Hearts owners.

Put in a bit on an initial investment.

Crowds come back.

Expect to overtake the old firm.

Don't manage to overtake the old firm.

Crowds go away.

Realise that you are haemoraging money.

Cut costs.

Accept mediocrity.

Get stick from fans.

Leave.

So true

Can someone explain why it's beneficial to Romanov for HMFC to be a failure.

Are you expectng someone to state the obvious answer to that daft question ?

Jam Tarts 1874
Nobodys saying that.

How do you work that out? I take it you have read the most recent accounts?

Jam Tarts 1874
Are you expectng someone to state the obvious answer to that daft question ?

Why don't you have a go at answering it?

portobellojambo1

In relation to the players above they were sellable. To laud a man simply because he got a decent price for them is plain stupid in my eyes. I will make a determination on Romanov as a businessman/football brain when one of the players he has insisted on bringing to the club (the likes of Nade and Witteveen) actually make money for the club.

All mentioned above were either already at the club or were brought in on the advice of someone else. Those whom he has brought to the club as a result of a 10 minute jaunt on Football Manager or after a 5 minute skim through his Kaunas file collection have so far made us nothing, in fact as someone pointed out the other night collectively all they have done is cost us money. The above two examples are possibly unfair examples to use, given the pair of them are feckin hopeless, and should never have been here in the first place. So you can add Laryea Kingston in, another player I expect us to release (possibly or probably this week) for nothing.

At the moment the only conclusion I can come to is the youth development was working fine prior to his arrival, players already brought into the club were sellable and players brought to the club after his arrival arrived on the recommendation of people with expertise on the football side (i..e George Burley and Simon Hunt).

Given that at this time the only players likely to make us any money in the near future are players who didn't sign during his tenure it is a fairly sad reflection on his ability to spot a half decent footballer. Probably good at spotting an agent who will fire him a few bucks for a quick deal, but that helps Hearts not one iota.

portobellojambo1
To showcase players and sell them on for a profit, Rudi and Roman proving sucksessfull Makela Pospisil Jose Kingston Pinnilla Chesney Miko Number 28 Beslija Camazola Ibby Tall etc etc etc less so. Also i think he wanted to gain a foothold within the UK for his banking and other buisness interests. In a nutshell he's here to make money and contacts not to make hearts an on field success story, as we all, i hope by now are fully aware of.

You could have shortened your post to just a few words, i.e. "Hearts were a means to an end, and not the long term important cog"

It sure as **** ain't to make money. His opportunity to do that was when he swept in - had he wiped out the debt, he might have been on to a winner.

I have absolutely no idea why he is still here - his policy on Lithuanian football has proved a non starter. His pay big wages to 2nd/3rd tier players has kept the debt at bay to a certain extent - to transfer his way out of it, he's going to have to find another 3 Craig Gordon's. The only ones I can see that go anywhere near that are Wallace, Driver and in the long run, Craig Thomson. Bizarrely, Obua would prob go for a few bucks.

The land no longer outweighs the debt so a quick sale aint going to happen.

I really dont know......

Vlad is just following the usual path of Hearts owners.

Put in a bit on an initial investment.

Crowds come back.

Expect to overtake the old firm.

Don't manage to overtake the old firm.

Crowds go away.

Realise that you are haemoraging money.

Cut costs.

Accept mediocrity.

Get stick from fans.

Leave.

Spot on, who's next? I like the first bit.

It sure as **** ain't to make money. His opportunity to do that was when he swept in - had he wiped out the debt, he might have been on to a winner.

I have absolutely no idea why he is still here - his policy on Lithuanian football has proved a non starter. His pay big wages to 2nd/3rd tier players has kept the debt at bay to a certain extent - to transfer his way out of it, he's going to have to find another 3 Craig Gordon's. The only ones I can see that go anywhere near that are Wallace, Driver and in the long run, Craig Thomson. Bizarrely, Obua would prob go for a few bucks.

The land no longer outweighs the debt so a quick sale aint going to happen.

I really dont know......

2 words.

Player contracts.

Heart of the Matter

The rugby writer and former British Lion John Beattie once wrote an amazingly honest article for the Scotsman in which he described how he felt if he wasn't picked for the national team. If he was sitting on the bench or left out of the squad and watching the international on TV he admitted that he hoped that the Scotland team did not win and that the player picked in his place had a nightmare of a game. In other words if he was rejected or overlooked, his childish reaction was to spit the dummy out of the pram.

I think it has emerged through various sources that Romanov was envious of the praise and adulation accorded to George Burley in that never-to-be-forgotten August-October period in 2005. Despite being at the top of the league and flying, Romanov dismantled everything by sacking the manager whose only real crime IMO was to be the guy that was receiving the accolades and the publicity. (Although we now know that Burley was in fact killing the club every day).

As in the case of the unselected John Beattie, I think that Romanov was prepared to forfeit any chance of Hearts winning the league rather than allow someone else to have the spotlight, pick the team and receive the accolades. He was also similarly prepared to relegate his team Kaunus to the third division over some fall out with the Lithuanian football authorities over there.

There have been so many other incidents (including Riccarton) where Romanov seems to have acted in a way that ultimately harms the team and, therefore, his own interests too.

So, whatever his reason for coming were originally, and whatever his reasons for not departing now are, it's clear that he doesn't give a monkey's about Hearts or the club's supporters.

History and painful experience shows that the man who runs our club is deceitful, ruthless, controlling, self-important, egotistic, paranoid and vain, and we will have to endure his tenure much like a long depressing illness.

Why he is here and what he wants really is a secondary issue.

The rugby writer and former British Lion John Beattie once wrote an amazingly honest article for the Scotsman in which he described how he felt if he wasn't picked for the national team. If he was sitting on the bench or left out of the squad and watching the international on TV he admitted that he hoped that the Scotland team did not win and that the player picked in his place had a nightmare of a game. In other words if he was rejected or overlooked, his childish reaction was to spit the dummy out of the pram.

I think it has emerged through various sources that Romanov was envious of the praise and adulation accorded to George Burley in that never-to-be-forgotten August-October period in 2005. Despite being at the top of the league and flying, Romanov dismantled everything by sacking the manager whose only real crime IMO was to be the guy that was receiving the accolades and the publicity. (Although we now know that Burley was in fact killing the club every day).

As in the case of the unselected John Beattie, I think that Romanov was prepared to forfeit any chance of Hearts winning the league rather than allow someone else to have the spotlight, pick the team and receive the accolades. He was also similarly prepared to relegate his team Kaunus to the third division over some fall out with the Lithuanian football authorities over there.

There have been so many other incidents (including Riccarton) where Romanov seems to have acted in a way that ultimately harms the team and, therefore, his own interests too.

So, whatever his reason for coming were originally, and whatever his reasons for not departing now are, it's clear that he doesn't give a monkey's about Hearts or the club's supporters.

History and painful experience shows that the man who runs our club is deceitful, ruthless, controlling, self-important, egotistic, paranoid and vain, and we will have to endure his tenure much like a long depressing illness.

Why he is here and what he wants really is a secondary issue.

I know Beattie and he hates losing at anything with a passion (see what he did to Maurice Colclough in the first line out of the 1986 thrashing of England - Beattie admits he himself was a dirty player). Which probably explains how he's coached West of Scotland RFC from the jaws of being demoted to regional rugby to a respectable mid-table Premiership finish last season (mostly with players from their own youth system).

Archived