Them Crooked Vultures @ Corn Exchange Dec 15th

frankblack

Anyone else going to this gig? I got a ticket this morning in the presale.

For those that don't know, this is a supergroup featuring:

Josh Homme (guitar, vocals) - Queens Of The Stone Age

John Paul Jones (bass, keyboards) - Led Zeppelin

Dave Grohl (drums) - Foo Fighters

Alain Johannes (guitar) - Queens Of The Stone Age, Spinnerette, and others

Correction: Date of gig should be 15th dec, not 12th.

Gutted. I found the presale link at about 12 but by then the Edinburgh tickets were sold out. I'm going to have to try and get some when they go on public sale on Friday morning.

InNothingWeTrust

Argh! I hate pre sales! I very, very nearly missed out on Muse tickets as they had sold the majority of them in the non advertised pre sale. Looks like it might be something similar for this. I've heard a few snippets of TCV and I have to say it sounds fantastic. Will definitely be trying to get myself some tickets!

wher do you get the public sale tickets people?? sounds fakn great

ripping etc ?

They're selling them through Ticketmaster/Ticketweb online but Tickets Scotland on Rose Street will probably sell them. Just checked the Ripping Records website, they are selling them on Friday for ?33.

Managed to get 4 tickets in the presale today. Can't wait.

scots civil war

nice chief

il be gunning for as many as i can get....id heard about this set up when one of the queens band members blabbed on an interview that it was happening.surprised they hitting here so soon

history in the making for me

I managed to get a pair from Tickets Scotland this morning after Ticket Master, Seetickets, Ripping ad all sold out. Pretty damn chuffed!

Agreed, it's weird to be so excited about a gig having never heard the band's material! All I have heard is one song recorded live on Youtube.

Machine Head went on sale this morning aswell; it's been an expensive day..

scots civil war

big hairy vlads,i missed out this mornin

grovelling mode.....`if anybody has a spare ticket` pm me at any time in the future

thanks,im away to look up the youtube footage now

big hairy vlads,i missed out this mornin

grovelling mode.....`if anybody has a spare ticket` pm me at any time in the future

thanks,im away to look up the youtube footage now

Same here. Logged onto the online sale at 10.05 yesterday morning, and they were sold out. Tried phoning around after that but everywhere had sold out...

• 3 months later...

The day has come!

Anyone know if there is a support band tonight?

I'm going to be getting there quite late, what are the usual time for bands to come on at the Corn Exchange?

The day has come!

Anyone know if there is a support band tonight?

I'm going to be getting there quite late, what are the usual time for bands to come on at the Corn Exchange?

Think the support band is another offshoot of QOS, Troys band Sweetheads!! Not sure what time TCV will be on tho!

Main bands normally come on about 9ish the curfew is 11pm at the Corn. I am working at it and just hope I get to meet Dave Grohl, big Foos fan that I am.

Main bands normally come on about 9ish the curfew is 11pm at the Corn. I am working at it and just hope I get to meet Dave Grohl, big Foos fan that I am.

Nice one, cheers for that. I should make it in time for 9.

I have a spare ticket if anyone wants it. (PM me)

Can meet you outside to give you it ?35 Incl my booking fee happy to take ?30 :-)

Should be good love the album.

So what did people think of this last night ?

I thought the first hour was superb but turned into a prog rock gig near the end with a helluva a long end finale.

Guess with limited material for now it was always going to be that way still good to see Mr Grohl going mental on a drum kit.

Loud, sweaty and brilliant!

Hahaha yeah ears were still ringing this morning when i woke up.

Dont get me wrong i thought it was good just that maybe they got the set list order slightly out.

So what did people think of this last night ?

I thought the first hour was superb but turned into a prog rock gig near the end with a helluva a long end finale.

Guess with limited material for now it was always going to be that way still good to see Mr Grohl going mental on a drum kit.

It was good, but like the album it seemd somewhat indulgent at times. I left during the last song after it had gone on for about 7 minutes and it looked like they woul keep going until 11pm.

Still it was worth it to see John Paul Jones on the Keytar.

that was unbelievable last night,

****bag blues was amazing!

Great to see John Paul Jones play live keyboard solo was unreal

Archived