The ballad of Cable Hogue

jambos are go!

jambos are go!

Underated but great Western is on STV at 0140 tomorrow morning. Love the bathtub scene and the song Butterfly Morning. As for Stella Stevens that is one sexy lady IMO. Jason Robards and David Warner brilliant.

Underated but great Western is on STV at 0140 tomorrow morning. Love the bathtub scene and the song Butterfly Morning. As for Stella Stevens that is one sexy lady IMO. Jason Robards and David Warner brilliant.

One of the greatest romance films of all time in my opinion.:2thumbsup:

Absolute classic modern western. The older I get the more like Cable Hogue I seem to be getting, a miserable old misanthrope!

Other real favourite western would be "Pat Garret & Billy the Kid", that bit where Slim Pickens get shot, added to the soundtrack of Bob Dylan, singing "Knocking on Heavens Door", just chokes me up every time I see it.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Absolute classic modern western. The older I get the more like Cable Hogue I seem to be getting, a miserable old misanthrope!

Other real favourite western would be "Pat Garret & Billy the Kid", that bit where Slim Pickens get shot, added to the soundtrack of Bob Dylan, singing "Knocking on Heavens Door", just chokes me up every time I see it.

Very strange but incredibly absorbing film to watch. Each sequence is like a separate film. You don't know what they are talking about (even understanding what they say can be hard going).

James Coburn absolutely brilliant and the whole film has very authentic look.

However, as for Bob....dearie me.

Archived