Stewart and Ruben Or Black and Eggy?

Notorious BIG

Notorious BIG

I reckon Black and Eggy wud be better in the middle for us than Stewart and Ruben,

Eggy is clearly a centre midfeilder not a RB!

Opinions?

I think Ruben and Black are our two most consistant midfielders (Black based on ICT performances obviously) but as shown on Thursday Stewart, who I think is more of a liability than a positive influence, can be excellent when he manages to channel everything in the right direction.

So I'd be willing to give MS a chance to start with Ruben because we know we've got Blackie on the bench to come on when MS inevitable hits his bad patch.

Notorious BIG
Eggy is clearly injured though.

When Eggys fit obv!

Rubens simply not good enough, against Zagreb he was a yard of the pace!

He Who Cannot Be Named
Ruben and black for me!

We will see three in the centre of midfield as soon Larry is fit

Yeah, only for a couple of weeks till he gets "injured" again.

Ruben and Stewart for me, Ruben brings more to the team than Eggy and has a decent level of Composure. Stewart can blow hot and cold but he deserves a chance to prove himself as captain, any more discipline problems or headless chicken displays though and I would not hesitate to put Blackie in there.

Since we normally go with the 5 in the middle it would be for me black ruben stewart. I like Jonsson but think the other 3 have more experience and creativity about them.

Stewart and Black for me... how anyone can knock Stewart after his MOM performance against Zagreb is beyond me!!!

Granted he has to reproduce thjat type of leadership and level of performance every week in the spl... but if we played like that all the time and we had 2 decent strikers up front... we'd win the spl nae probs!!!

I'd say Eggy is going to be a class defensive midfielder in time, but he's no RB... Thomson has to be first choice now!!!

Eggert Jonsson looked good at right back last season and despite poor performances at Tannadice and Zagreb, I wouldn't rule him out of that spot. He more than did well as captain at right back against Rangers.

Craig Thomson looks good, but one game does not mean he is the answer. Let's keep our expectations low and not put any pressure on the young player.

We've turned too many young players into hate figures because of high expectations.

Personally I think it should be Ruben and Black but if Michael Stewart continues to perform like he did on Thursday - Csaba (or any manager) won't have any choice but to play him.

Notorious BIG
Eggert Jonsson looked good at right back last season and despite poor performances at Tannadice and Zagreb, I wouldn't rule him out of that spot. He more than did well as captain at right back against Rangers.

Craig Thomson looks good, but one game does not mean he is the answer. Let's keep our expectations low and not put any pressure on the young player.

We've turned too many young players into hate figures because of high expectations.

Personally I think it should be Ruben and Black but if Michael Stewart continues to perform like he did on Thursday - Csaba (or any manager) won't have any choice but to play him.

Callum Elliot mibi

Larry and Stewart for me, but Pala and Black aren't bad supporting cast. Mikey needs to drive us on and get into the box like he did on Thursday and Larry can sit and try to control the pace. Black's a great sub to have at the moment and will develop into a player for us i think. Pala, I can't make my mind up! Good, reliable squad player, but he had his erchie felt a couple of times recently

I'm not actually a fan of Eggy in CM (like everyone else seems to be). I duno if it's champ-man syndrome where we put a CM or an RW next to someone's name and they will forever more be that position!? For me I don't think he has the composure in there to take the ball in and pass it off and he's better at right back as he's facing on to play. Needs to work on his defensive positioning there, which is actually something i think he lacks in midfield too. Not being negative about him though - i think he's a top player and will be worth a few pennies some day

gorebrige jambo

Mikey has to be in when he plays like that.Thomson defo for right back,thought he was great.Its sad that we cant get a strike force to rely on.

Archived