Vlad : Csaba's signing targets are not good enough (merged threads)

Ryan Gosling

He has a good point there somewhere, with regards to youth, but although I support the club in this, to help slash wages, him commenting on the targets not being good enough, without clearing up who deems this is not helpful, and I am saying this just a few posts after backing him, which I stand by the comments in this post - but these comments by him are silly.

Nelly Terraces

Looks like a big falling out now, with Romanov and Csaba both having a go at each other. Spells trouble methinks.

Cheers Csaba, enjoy Hannover.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Wise words. I don't see how anyone can disagree with the majority of that.

Csaba is off though let's face it. I honestly wouldn't mind John McGlyn.

Oh FFS.

If Csabas targets are so sh*te (which I dont believe for a second) and there is oh so much money available why doesnt Vlad just buy some fecking decent strikers for him. He manages to bring in guff like Pitenweem so why not spend some real cash if hes such a talent scout.

The man is going to cause massive turmoil at Hearts AGAIN.

Even our own Csaba can't get through to him!!! If the likes of Stokes aint good enough then hoe the hell is Wittenveen!?

Geoff Kilpatrick

:rofl:

Well done The Hootsmon. You got through on the Batphone to Kaunas to get a one-line quote? 10 out of 10!

Looks like a big falling out now, with Romanov and Csaba both having a go at each other. Spells trouble methinks.

Cheers Csaba, enjoy Hannover.

Got to agree NT. If it comes to a dog fight unfortunatley there is only ever going to be one winner. Seems odd timing though after a really good performance.

Vlad talks some nonsense. On the face of it I would take any of the 10 strikers Csaba chose ovre any 10 that Vlad would come up with. If he thinks Whiteeven is a good player then god help us. It would be interesting to see who Csaba put forwrd as a 'suitable buy' and why Vlad thought they were going to be humpty?

Are you serious?

There has been plenty of players that we have tried to sign that would have been good enough so Vlad is atalking out his absolute rim on this one.

McGlynn is hopeless, I'd be gutted to see him back at Hearts.

Charlie-Brown

Both Vlad & Csaba are wrong to conduct their disagreements via the media and it's bad for morale I wish they would stop it ........ I agree with Vlad's comments about promoting young players into the team, regards strikers well we definitely need a boost up front but unless Hearts generate their own funds IF we are relying on VR to provide the funding then ultimately it's his call on how his money is spent.

Are you serious?

There has been plenty of players that we have tried to sign that would have been good enough so Vlad is atalking out his absolute rim on this one.

McGlynn is hopeless, I'd be gutted to see him back at Hearts.

I was talking about this bit:

Romanov insisted that for the steady progress of the club in future they should give more trust to their crop of young players.

"It's very important not to keep the young talents in the reserves for too long," said Romanov. "I say to Laszlo that the chase for immediate results with the emphasis on experienced footballers is no good.

"We should introduce the youths into the main team on a permanent basis. If we don't do that, the club's prospects in the table will not be so bright."

McGlynn has done well since leaving Hearts and is showing he's a decent manager, Vlad also trusts him. I'm only suggesting him because once Csaba is offski we can forget about a 'high profile' manager.

Wise words?? Are you nuts? John McGlyn???????

Csaba's targets are not good enough but Witiveen is! Get a grip!!!

Is there a solution then ? -- let's see who Vlad would pick for those 1 or 2 signings

We could have a JKB poll on who we want and p*** off Vlad by rejecting them as not good enough -- of course if they were good choices then it would be a win win.

Have to agree though coming out and openly stating your managers choices were not good enough is hardly helping the working atmosphere.

Maybe we should have gone for Tevez if quality was the criteria !!

I think the basis for disagreement would be that the manager has picked players he thinks are good enough and he's been over-ruled on the question of whether they are good enough by the owner of the club. Not about money, not about youth systems, not about wages, about them NOT BEING GOOD ENOUGH !!!!

If that is whats happened do you agree that its right for the owner to reject a player on the grounds that he isnt good enough, if his manager says he is good enough ? Surely you dont agree with that ? Surely Csaba's position is now untenable if thats whats happened ?

Johanes de Silentio

****! Not liking this one bit! Csaba asks for 'protection', Vlad slates his recommendations - not good!

Both Vlad & Csaba are wrong to conduct their disagreements via the media and it's bad for morale I wish they would stop it ........ I agree with Vlad's comments about promoting young players into the team, regards strikers well we definitely need a boost up front but unless Hearts generate their own funds IF we are relying on VR to provide the funding then ultimately it's his call on how his money is spent.

At least the argument that there are no funds can be put to bed as the main man has stated he would pay for TWO, thats TWO strikers.

So basically Romanov is self harming us again by denying a striker(s) signing even though he knows we need one or more.

Bringing young players into the team is a completely seperate issue and one he makes some valid points about.

Not getting the striker(s) will cost us the chance of a night like tonight next season.

Hes just a complete nob.

Difficult to know what really lies behind this. Two centre halves, a right winger and midfielder signed when arguably there is young players who could have been promoted instead, but the one position we have no quality in, Vlad thinks we should rely on youth.

If Csaba's list wasn't good enough surely Vlad could have sourced him one - oh forgot he did, the undoubtedly talented Witteveen!! VR really is a prize tube, can't see Csaba hanging round much longer and he couldn't be blamed. He is a proud man and won't take this slight on his ability to identify a forward very well.

If VR says money isn't the issue it beggars belief if he thinks we can't get better than Nade and Witteveen ffs!

I think the basis for disagreement would be that the manager has picked players he thinks are good enough and he's been over-ruled on the question of whether they are good enough by the owner of the club. Not about money, not about youth systems, not about wages, about them NOT BEING GOOD ENOUGH !!!!

If that is whats happened do you agree that its right for the owner to reject a player on the grounds that he isnt good enough, if his manager says he is good enough ? Surely you dont agree with that ? Surely Csaba's position is now untenable if thats whats happened ?

Spot on. How can the two of them possibly work together now?

If Vlad wants to promote youth players then fine, we - and I'm sure Csaba - will go with that, we do want to see decent youngsters come through after all. But don't dress it up as a disingenous way of undermining your manager by asking him for a list of players in the first place!

A total charade, frankly.

If we lose Csaba any remnant of support I have for Romanov will be completely eroded. I suspect I won't be alone.

I was talking about this bit:

Romanov insisted that for the steady progress of the club in future they should give more trust to their crop of young players.

"It's very important not to keep the young talents in the reserves for too long," said Romanov. "I say to Laszlo that the chase for immediate results with the emphasis on experienced footballers is no good.

"We should introduce the youths into the main team on a permanent basis. If we don't do that, the club's prospects in the table will not be so bright."

McGlynn has done well since leaving Hearts and is showing he's a decent manager, Vlad also trusts him. I'm only suggesting him because once Csaba is offski we can forget about a 'high profile' manager.

I don't think you will find many Hearts fans disagreeing with much of that. The development of youths into the first team is completely different issue though.

To help those youngsters we need a striker or two to help the team. Christ if we had one tonight Thomson may have found someone on the end of a couple more of his excellent crosses.

Oh Vlad you are such a joker mate. i would be happy if you just said money is tight we need to bring in the youth. WHAT DO U THINK GUYS?

not vlad he blame shabba, for not being able to find a single striker good enough for us!:21:

jamboinglasgow

agree with everything you say. I wish Vlad would not conduct himself like this in public. But he is probably been asked by the interviewer why did you not allow Csaba to bring a new striker in and Vlads usual honesty (which he needs to be careful with brings this out.)

My take on Vlads quote is that all of Csaba's targets cost money and a decent wage also which is the last thing the club needs untill Nade and Lazy Kingston are off the wage bill....Witteven is a Vlad drone so will be on low wages and youths are on low wages that is why Vlads saying this stuff IMO......

Great show tonight though well impressed even if I did lose ?20 quid betting on a Zagreb win ....Oh the shame

Oh FFS.

If Csabas targets are so sh*te (which I dont believe for a second) and there is oh so much money available why doesnt Vlad just buy some fecking decent strikers for him. He manages to bring in guff like Pitenweem so why not spend some real cash if hes such a talent scout.

The man is going to cause massive turmoil at Hearts AGAIN.

Vald's targets haven't exactly been brill. If he wanted to bring in a striker I'm sure he or his vast scouting network could have identified one. His comments are pay back for Csaba's dummy spit. Looks like another coaching mob with bad haircuts on the horizon.

Vlad,

Much as I will be eternally grateful to you for keeping us at Tynecastle, and believe me I am, but you really can be a ****ing ****** sometimes, and I make no apologies for saying it.

There are plenty of Csaba's targets who would have done a great job for us and in this instance I think you're talking utter pish. It seems a a crying shame that yo? seem totally unwilling to back the best manager we've had since Burley.

Signed,

Benzinho

I don't think you will find many Hearts fans disagreeing with much of that. The development of youths into the first team is completely different issue though.

To help those youngsters we need a striker or two to help the team. Christ if we had one tonight Thomson may have found someone on the end of a couple more of his excellent crosses.

Maybe.

We won't be getting a striker though. The end.

We have scored 3 goals in the last 2 games against high standard opposition, this myth that we can't score is a bit silly.

We just have to work with what we've got and if what we have is good enough to beat Dinamo Zagreb, I'm sure we'll be alright.

Vlad,

Much as I will be eternally grateful to you for keeping us at Tynecastle, and believe me I am, but you really can be a ****ing ****** sometimes, and I make no apologies for saying it.

There are plenty of Csaba's targets who would have done a great job for us and in this instance I think you're talking utter pish. It seems a a crying shame that yo? seem totally unwilling to back the best manager we've had since Burley.

Signed,

Benzinho

Or is Csaba using this as an excuse for his failures, if he wanted a striker, surely that should have been 1st priority no? Rather than signing centrebacks etc. I supppose in Romanovs mind we lost money on Jose but he looked awesome tonight..

Maybe.

We won't be getting a striker though. The end.

We have scored 3 goals in the last 2 games against high standard opposition, this myth that we can't score is a bit silly.

We just have to work with what we've got and if what we have is good enough to beat Dinamo Zagreb, I'm sure we'll be alright.

Think you mean 3 goals in the last 4 games!

Jose has been a different player this season and long may it continue.....

This is a ******* childish response to Csaba saying that the two Portugese lads were not good enough. (His wans aren'y good enuff either...)

The last thing I needed to see on coming home from a really promising show from the boys.

Or is Csaba using this as an excuse for his failures, if he wanted a striker, surely that should have been 1st priority no? Rather than signing centrebacks etc. I supppose in Romanovs mind we lost money on Jose but he looked awesome tonight..

Romanov has now put on record that there is money available, indeed for two strikers not the one most of us would have been delighted with. It is not a monetary issue.

He has decided that despite knowing we need someone in he won't give Csaba anyone, simple as that. The mans a tool.

This is a ******* childish response to Csaba saying that the two Portugese lads were not good enough. (His wans aren'y good enuff either...)

The last thing I needed to see on coming home from a really promising show from the boys.

I reckon you're right. He's ****ed off that Csaba sent his choices packing and is now saying that his targets are not good enough.

He really is one horrible horrible man!!

I know what you're saying but the Nemec situation, for example, suggests to me that Vlad seems to have deliberately scuppered Csaba's attempt to sign a decent striker, and for reasons I can't quite fathom. That, IMO, makes him a ****ing ****** right now. We can only hope that, one, this doesn't force Csaba out the door, and two, the youngsters that he's going to be forced to play come good.

Think you mean 3 goals in the last 4 games!

I'm forgetting about the first two games - we were a shambles.

We now have Driver, Glen and Thomson giving the team a whole new look.

Csaba was signing these guys on the basis that he would get to sign a striker as well. Do we honestly think Csaba brought Naumski to gorgie for contract talks as part f some elaborate hoax?

Or is it possible that he went , Mr Romanov - this is the boy who will score our goals - and Vlad offered him some low ball deal.

Seems we always have a high profile near miss signing near the deadline. One that gets the fans to buy more tickets. And then never happens.

Stil don't get what Vlad is getting out of all this. Is he taking a cut of ll the agent fees? Lending the club the money and then pocketing it himself? I guess if he lends us money which then goes straight back to him we still owe him the cash and he doubles his dough?

I'm forgetting about the first two games - we were a shambles.

We now have Driver, Glen and Thomson giving the team a whole new look.

fair enough :smiley2:

Random post, i know.

But I had a dream a few nights ago that Csaba ordered a press conference and everybody from JKB was there with their username as a nametag... Csaba announced that he had been forced to leave - then he ran away.

At this point we all started a huge, angry march toward a big, cartoon-like mansion at the top of a hill to go crazy at Vlad.

I thought i would share this with you all, just incase Csaba calls a press conference, we all know what to do :shifty: haha

Depends on who is on the list of players. For all we know it could be a list littered with players like Obua who is not awful but not that great either.

Archived