Is Csaba man enough?

Robbo27_22

Last night was the first performance in a long time which I've seen and thought: "That was Hearts at their best".

Hats off to the man last year - he took a broken squad, fixed it, played to strengths and got a good result out of it over the season.

However, I got very frustrated with our policy. Get a goal and do our best to not concede. It just doesn't work in Scotland. IMO Too many teams are just the same as the rest - Hearts included unfortunately. Chances are, if you go one up, the other team will pull one back. That happened a few times last year. Again, credit where it's due, Csaba/the players come up with a reaction and got ahead again on quite a few occassions. Or if you don't get that goal, the other team will sneak one.

It's all fine and well to say it's the results that count. I'm a great believer in that. However, when you look around at the teams we are competing with - I'll exclude the OF from that at this time - we should be doing more than just getting by. Utd, Dons, Well and Hibs were all very poor last year.

Goals don't just come from a striker or two - they also come from attitude and approach.

Last night, we looked genuinely hungry and confident that we could score. When was the last time we took control like last night? Yes, we missed chances. But at least there were chances. An abundance in recent term!!

I think Csaba could get a lot more out of the squad if he just set them up in the right way. More aggression and where possible, a couple of positive thinking forwards in the team each week.

if that was us at our" best" it is going to be a long bumpy ride this season.

yeh it was an improvement .

we created chances and had fight.

goals again from midfield and defence

plus there goalie was murder made macacalamity look good.

:qqb017:

In terms of personnel and current climate, that was round about us at our best.

It's not August 97 or 2005 unfortunately.

okay as i said long and bumpy ride this season buckle up and tough it out

its not going to get any better

We will murder most teams in the SPL if we play like we did last night.

Not sure about that.

We made a huge leap last night in terms of performances so far. That was with a couple of introductions so why when they find their feet can't we get better?

Driver and hopefully a fit and firing Kingston to be added.

I think we'll get better. We won't work wonders but confident we'll be better than the rest.

That is, as long as that approach lasts.

bigis semiauskas
Last night was the first performance in a long time which I've seen and thought: "That was Hearts at their best".

Hats off to the man last year - he took a broken squad, fixed it, played to strengths and got a good result out of it over the season.

However, I got very frustrated with our policy. Get a goal and do our best to not concede. It just doesn't work in Scotland. IMO Too many teams are just the same as the rest - Hearts included unfortunately. Chances are, if you go one up, the other team will pull one back. That happened a few times last year. Again, credit where it's due, Csaba/the players come up with a reaction and got ahead again on quite a few occassions. Or if you don't get that goal, the other team will sneak one.

It's all fine and well to say it's the results that count. I'm a great believer in that. However, when you look around at the teams we are competing with - I'll exclude the OF from that at this time - we should be doing more than just getting by. Utd, Dons, Well and Hibs were all very poor last year.

Goals don't just come from a striker or two - they also come from attitude and approach.

Last night, we looked genuinely hungry and confident that we could score. When was the last time we took control like last night? Yes, we missed chances. But at least there were chances. An abundance in recent term!!

I think Csaba could get a lot more out of the squad if he just set them up in the right way. More aggression and where possible, a couple of positive thinking forwards in the team each week.

Bring back Robeenyo!

bigis semiauskas
You've read my mind Keith - was just about to start another thread!

You've just blown my cover!

Vlad must go!

if that was us at our" best" it is going to be a long bumpy ride this season.

yeh it was an improvement .

we created chances and had fight.

goals again from midfield and defence

plus there goalie was murder made macacalamity look good.

:qqb017:

HOBO

Agree with Robbo. We`ve got enough talent in the team to be more aggressive and open ala 2005/06, although we don`t have the same ability in certain areas.

Who the feck in the SPl deserves to be "contained"? If we were motivated to have a go every week i`d pretty much put money on us winning most games.

Archived