section g and section n at tyne sing song

eduardo.j

well done guys for starting the songs on sunday its a shame the rest of the ground cant join in

what ever happend to when i was 15 16 in the mid 90s and you couldnt hear yourself think at the ground

it really winds me up that i can hear the away fans more at games they even sing what a s*** home support to us

now i do get up and sing but then after about 30 secs when you know noone else is i feel daft so i sit down but we should be blowing the other team of the park with noise

they say fans can be a 12th man lazo even said it last week but no offence to any season ticket holders on here who do try and sing we are about half an extra man at the moment

so tonight try and in the future try and make the place hard for teams to come to not like a training session

mort can you bring a mega phone to the game tonight please i hear some team in europe does it to get the fans singing

not being funny here mort but what do you think the problem with the singing is it never used to be this quiet at our ground

Its pretty simple, The Gorgie stand, most of the Wheatfield and the Main stands, bar a few sections, dont want to sing. Dont know why, we can create an atmosphere on occasion ala Home to Aberdeen, champs league qualifying game, but at Home games such as home to Killie etc, it is quiet as a library.

MacDonald Jardine
well done guys for starting the songs on sunday its a shame the rest of the ground cant join in

what ever happend to when i was 15 16 in the mid 90s and you couldnt hear yourself think at the ground

it really winds me up that i can hear the away fans more at games they even sing what a s*** home support to us

now i do get up and sing but then after about 30 secs when you know noone else is i feel daft so i sit down but we should be blowing the other team of the park with noise

they say fans can be a 12th man lazo even said it last week but no offence to any season ticket holders on here who do try and sing we are about half an extra man at the moment

so tonight try and in the future try and make the place hard for teams to come to not like a training session

I agree to a point but I remember exactly the same complaints in the 90s.

I sit lower section D, and i know exactly what you mean m8. I jsut got my season ticket this year with my brother and there is no atmosphere in that area whatsoever, the guy sitting next to us was the only one who joined in with me and my brother but like u said it gets a bit embarresing when ur the only one singing in ur section. Mort i think u should bring the megaphone, im being serious i think it would get people going. Bring it pleasseeee :-)

this is good to hear but i wonder how many people saw my thread title and thought oh its another thug fan whos looking for a fight

not the case at all im just a fan who longs for a good sing song at the footie

This might be slightly controversial, but the number of families who go to games these days kills the atmosphere to an extent.

Back in the 80's, I'm told that 85% of the crowd was made up of drunk men bawling their heads off, which made Tynecastle that little bit noisier than everywhere else. Now, however, it's not the same. The atmosphere is more family orientated, which is why Section's N and G are really the only vociferous sections as everywhere else seems to be the family section, full of people on a day out.

The atmosphere will be poor tonight as well, which'll be a shame.

yeah i was going to say that family does make it like that but people still have a voice you can still sing without swearing

yeah i was going to say that family does make it like that but people still have a voice you can still sing without swearing

That's not what I'm saying, though.

If you're on a day out with your wife and young kids, you're not very likely to have a drink and get noisy.

I'm all for bringing the kids in, they are the future after all. But it does dampen the atmosphere a tad.

Guildford_Jambo

Perhaps if people sang more songs with out the swearing and abuse, more families and kids would be encouraged to sing.

i do agree though, it is a lot quieter these days which is a shame...

H E A...:10900:

Archived