Wayne Foster

i8hibsh

CoTM packed him in, so he's found a bigger and better audience to berate now!

Here, IJ, ye any idea what Murray is uptae tat this weather? No seen him in donkeys.

Dunno mate. Last time I seen him was at the Stranraer game a couple of year ago!

(p.s. Look everybody - I'm speaking to a postie! We're mates! I don't hate his job!!! Wooo!)

Fozzy stayed across the road from my Grandparents when he was at Hearts, just up the road from Neil Berry and I think Gary MacKay was there as well.

I was about ages with my Fozzy and Chuck's sons, so knew them fairly well. From what my Dad and Chuck have said, you certainly needed to keep and eye on Fozzy. I've also been told Fozzy's trick at beating the weigh-ins each week...

Havn't seen Fozzy for years but I think Chuck keeps in touch, he's meant to be having a look at the electrics at my parents place this week actually.

Dunno.

I think I'm maybe easily irked by people that don't listen properly.

Maybe,......... but I've never once confused reading with listening.

Anyway, ...........my interpretation to the huddy/footballer comment was that it suggested that being a postman was all that someone who you stated was a poor footballer , (huddy), could aspire to when their career ended.

My point is that this is hardly an inspiring or complimentary remark to make about postmen to suggest that the job they do is no more worthwhile than that of an "apparently" failed footballer, and that they may well be slightly ticked off the by the comparison you had made earlier.

Simples.

I'd go for somebody like St Johnstone or Dunfermline myself. definitely scored against Hibs, Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd. In fact I think he scored against Dunfermline in the cup QF we won 3-1, so St Johnstone or Hamilton.

SJ it apparently was Diego.

Dunno.

I think I'm maybe easily irked by people that don't listen properly.

Maybe' date='......... but I've never once confused reading with listening.

Anyway, ...........my interpretation to the huddy/footballer comment was that it suggested that being a postman was all that someone who you stated was a poor footballer , (huddy), could aspire to when their career ended.

My point is that this is hardly an inspiring or complimentary remark to make about postmen to suggest that the job they do is no more worthwhile than that of an "apparently" failed footballer, and that they may well be slightly ticked off the by the comparison you had made earlier.

Simples.[/quote']

"Simple" doesn't have an "s" at the end of it, unless you're someone who feels the need to copy television catchphrases in order to seem amusing to other people.

Or a postman.

:laugh:

(p.s. Look everybody - I'm speaking to a postie! We're mates! I don't hate his job!!! Wooo!)

Oi! I'm a manager! Nane on this common postie nonsense! :10900:

"Simple" doesn't have an "s" at the end of it, unless you're someone who feels the need to copy television catchphrases in order to seem amusing to other people.

Or a postman.

You digress.

The 1st time I walked into Maroonleigons office, I was greeted by a loud 'HEY! IT'S RAFA BENITEZ!!!' THen the whole office pished themselves laughin at my expense! Only cos I had ma specs on and was unshaven.

^^^^s.

The hours must fly past in the Dell DO!

I take it back. The Royal Mail is a disgrace.

:thumb:

You digress.

Well what do you want me to do? Further a pointless argument by telling you that your interpretation was wrong? Or, like I did, try and end said pointless argument with a wee smile?

I'm sure this makes thrilling reading for all on JKB by the way, discussions on semantics always have me reaching for the popcorn.

Maybe some do but i aint one of them , seems a few are all it takes to convince people that ALL posties are like that.

The rest of them strike at the drop of a hat then proceed to stand out side there work with grins drinking cups of tea.

I take it back. The Royal Mail is a disgrace.

:thumb:

Well what do you want me to do? Further a pointless argument by telling you that your interpretation was wrong? Or, like I did, try and end said pointless argument with a wee smile?

I'm sure this makes thrilling reading for all on JKB by the way, discussions on semantics always have me reaching for the popcorn.

They have me reaching for the bucket.

And yet,...........you continue to participate ?? The irony.

Tell you what, I will happily concede that the analogy you made was down to misinterpretaion.

I know that you'll feel the need to perpetuate this "pointless arguement" with yet another derogatory and witty response. For the benefit of your imaginary audience you really should.

For my part, I'm off.

However, I will take your advice and use one of those wee smiley things rather than an apparently overused meercat uttering in the very, very sincere hope that your mail arrives fully intact in the morning.:smiley2:

Remnants of Standards

How's your bonus big boy? Your wallet must be dragging across the D.O. floor.

Signed, another common postie.

I have no problem insulting that current shower of garbage disgracing my club thanks

You seem to have a different idea to me of what being a Hearts "supporter" actually means.

The Real Maroonblood
Henry Smith - Legend - is a postie too. He's nae a huddy! Rather be a postie than a professional kickback slaver! :10900:

Does Henry still drop all the letters?

Apart from THAT goal, my main memory of Wayne Foster was during a game against Motherwell, I am sure it was a cup tie, he blatantly hooked a Motherwell player right under the ref's nose at the school end, and the ref did naff all about it !! I was at the Gorgie Road end and saw it clearly.

**** me. Is this difficult?

WAYNE FOSTER WAS A SH*TE FOOTBALL PLAYER.

IF HE WAS ANY GOOD AT BEING A FOOTBALL PLAYER HE WOULDN'T BE A POSTMAN NOW.

Now, if that needs to be expanded upon any further for anyone, please do ask. I'll perhaps need to put it into crayon or something if so.

Does it make you feel good slagging off people who, unless you can enlighten everyone on Kickback, achieved a hell of a lot more in his life than you probably have/will.

I've met him twice and he's a top bloke.

mod delete Does it make you feel good slagging off people who, unless you can enlighten everyone on Kickback, achieved a hell of a lot more in his life than you probably have/will.

I've met him twice and he's a top bloke. mod delete.

You're right - I am.

And yes - it gives me a right old semi.

Oh wait - can you point out where I had a pop at his character or where I said he wasn't a "top bloke"? Nah, you can't can you? In fact, he used to live round the corner from me in Carrick Knowe, and I spoke to him on numerous occasions. Oops. That kind of humps your entire (frankly nonsensical) post now doesn't it?

Don't worry about meeting me, by the way - I don't tend to associate with folk who I suspect struggle with joined up handwriting.

Hugs.

x

I had the pleasure of drinking with Wayne foster at the Haymarket Bar watching the Huns game. He is a top bloke and I can't remember him having such a strong English accent.

Anyway here are a few things he told me

1.The players just now DO CARE as they are sportsmen, most of them are just not every good.

2. His favourite EVER game for Hearts was surprisingly not 'that goal' it was a European tie in 1990/1991 when we beat Balogna 3- 1 at Tynie (and Foster scored 2)

3.He is honoured we still sign his name but he is embarrassed as it was so long ago. I quickly told him we have never had any new striker to really sing about (De Vries and Adam are the only 2)

4.When he was a player, they ALWAYS went out on a match night (as a team) and got suitably hammered (either in Glasgow or Edinburgh) but NEVER if they lost - Mcdonald insisted on this as it was good for team bonding.

5. He is still good pals with most poeple at the club

6.He thinks players are NO fitter now than in his day

A true gent, perhaps not a legend but a true fans favourite.

How likely is it to have a chat with any of the current squad in 15 years and chew the fat?

Why weren't you at the game i*hibsh? You're obviously no a true supporter.

You're right - I am.

And yes - it gives me a right old semi.

Oh wait - can you point out where I had a pop at his character or where I said he wasn't a "top bloke"? Nah, you can't can you? In fact, he used to live round the corner from me in Carrick Knowe, and I spoke to him on numerous occasions. Oops. That kind of humps your entire (frankly nonsensical) post now doesn't it?

Don't worry about meeting me, by the way - I don't tend to associate with folk who I suspect struggle with joined up handwriting.

Hugs.

x

Did you tell him he was a ****e player to his face or just behind the safety of your keyboard you little hard man you.

Where did you get the impression I wanted to meet up?? Why would joined up writing be a problem when we are communicating via email? Why are you hugging me???

So many questions.

Did you tell him he was a ****e player to his face or just behind the safety of your keyboard you little hard man you.

Where did you get the impression I wanted to meet up?? Why would joined up writing be a problem when we are communicating via email? Why are you hugging me???

So many questions.

Because I sense your anger. I just want us to be friends.

Nah, I'll be honest - you sound a bit hard, and I'm quite scared. Honestly.

And no, I didn't say that to his face, and for that I apologise. That clearly makes me worse than any paedophile or rapist ever, and fair game for any and all kinds of internet abuse from complete strangers.

Any particular reason I'm solely getting the shaft for that by the way? Or have you ignored the 1,000 posters who've accused Christian Nade of everything from being lazy and mince to being the architect of the mutiny on the Bounty for a reason? Is it cause they've all said it to his face?

I wonder how Wayne Foster would be 'appreciated' on JKB if he played nowadays?

Deified unless you want to be called bad names, it seems.

Charlie-Brown
Deified unless you want to be called bad names, it seems.

Well he's a hero for one particular goal obviously :) however I'm sure he'd be Wittenveened or Velicka'd for some of his performances.

Well he's a hero for one particular goal obviously :) however I'm sure he'd be Wittenveened or Velicka'd for some of his performances.

Nonsense.

It has become clear to me in the last few posts that he was in fact BETTER THAN PELE.

Charlie-Brown
Nonsense.

It has become clear to me in the last few posts that he was in fact BETTER THAN PELE.

Who did Steve Paterson play for again?

Wayne Wayne super Wayne, Wayne Wayne super Wayne, Wayne Wayne super Wayne, super Wayne foster.

He may not say that the goal against the H**s is the best but we all remember him where he got booked for climbing the fence celebrating his goal.

Wayne Wane super Wayne.

RenfrewHearts
Nonsense.

Could I just rephrase that for you - A BETTER PERSON THAN PELE:10900:

According to the people on here that is can't add my slant on it as I haven't met the bloke.

Wayne was utterly useless, but in that game against Bologna he played like a legend. He got two, but could have had 4 or 5. I have rarely seen a performance from a Hearts player like it. He must have had concussion or amnesia or something, because he never played like that before or after.

Bologna didn't look a bad team or anything, but the Foz ripped them apart. Up there with the best that John Colqhoun could offer on a good day.

I don't ever remeber Fozzy being a lazy bar steward or having a bad attitude and that's what makes someone a legend over ability any day for me.

Jimmy McNulty

One thing I remember about the fozz-meister was that he was fast as ****.

ALways liked the guy; always gave 100% for the cause; never could his effort be questioned.

Unlike some useless ***** we have today.

Drylaw Hearts

Foster was awful.

IIRC....

He made his debut in our opening match of the 86/87 Season whilst Robbo sat on the bench.

I never quite understood that.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think some people are forgetting it is the fact that Foster WAS rubbish that he is remembered with such affection.

I love it when we beat h**s with goals scored by utter rubbish, hence the Foster/Musemic Hall of Fame.

Why weren't you at the game i*hibsh? You're obviously no a true supporter.

I had to get a season ticket as I would feel awful if I never.

I hate the team so compromised............ a cat B ticket :smiley2:

Cairneyhill Jambo

He was a crap footballer but you couldn't fault him for trying.

I'm sure it was him that scored a wonder solo goal in a pre-season friendly against Spurs at Tynie.

Sure he ran all the way from the half way line and beat 2 or 3 players before scoring.

Might be talking crap as I was peshed at the game.

Wayne was utterly useless, but in that game against Bologna he played like a legend. He got two, but could have had 4 or 5. I have rarely seen a performance from a Hearts player like it. He must have had concussion or amnesia or something, because he never played like that before or after.

Bologna didn't look a bad team or anything, but the Foz ripped them apart. Up there with the best that John Colqhoun could offer on a good day.

I don't ever remeber Fozzy being a lazy bar steward or having a bad attitude and that's what makes someone a legend over ability any day for me.

a perfect summation. The suns even shines on a dog's ass somedays. He was unbelievable, literally, that night. If he'd played like that every week he'd be remembered as one of our best ever players! Unfortunately most of the time he was like a faster Arkadiusz Klimek.

Posties are fit mate, try walking up to six miles a day with 16kg mail bags 5 days a week:2thumbsup:.Aye and i can say this through experience and i feel fit as feck.:10900:

What do you do on the 6th day, because all the posties I know work 6 days Mon-Sat. ?

If Wayne Foster delivered my post I'd expect it to be 4 days late, to have been dropped in a puddle and to be addressed to the Singhs at number 17 but I'd still be proud to have him as my postie.

To criticise him for not being very good at football is to miss the point it's like criticising Iggy Pop and the Stooges for playing out of tune. It's like criticising Picasso for using too much blue, It's like criticising Michelangelo's David for having a small willy. In short it might be true but it's absolutely irrelevant.

Wayne foster isn't just a Hearts Legend. He's the Hearts Legend.

Mackay Magic

My memory of his goal v Hibs is when he was being brought on as a sub - the guy behind me said "oh for ***** sake, we'll never score now" and he headed for the exit!

Glad I stuck around.

If Wayne Foster delivered my post I'd expect it to be 4 days late, to have been dropped in a puddle and to be addressed to the Singhs at number 17 but I'd still be proud to have him as my postie.

To criticise him for not being very good at football is to miss the point it's like criticising Iggy Pop and the Stooges for playing out of tune. It's like criticising Picasso for using too much blue, It's like criticising Michelangelo's David for having a small willy. In short it might be true but it's absolutely irrelevant.

Wayne foster isn't just a Hearts Legend. He's the Hearts Legend.

quality.:smiley2:

Archived