'Stokes Was On My Mind' - Csaba

Skiba

Could be wrong but a few comments there from a man who just sounds like he's had enough. Why having identified 20 players will nobody sign?

Could be wrong but a few comments there from a man who just sounds like he's had enough. Why having identified 20 players will nobody sign?

I'm sure I seen a quote a few weeks ago that he had a list of about 200 players that he was interested in who were out of contract?

Dougie Masterton
I'm sure I seen a quote a few weeks ago that he had a list of about 200 players that he was interested in who were out of contract?

And we still end up with Witteveen. scary :stuart:

And we still end up with Witteveen. scary :stuart:

They must started at the back of the alphabet and worked forward in terms of priority. :hat2:

Dougie Masterton
Witteveen 1- Stokes 0 I do believe!

Yup, but who would your money be on long term?

boabyarsebiscuit

Who knows?

Maybe we tried to sign a striker. Let's just pretend his name is Ilco Naumoski or something like that. Hearts might have made an offer. The player and the agent may have liked it (number of contract years, salary) - and maybe just waited for the official paperwork to come through from Kaunas. And waited. And waited. And then signed for somebody else because he couldn't be arsed waiting around any more.

Maybe something like that happened?

Who knows?

Maybe we tried to sign a striker. Let's just pretend his name is Ilco Naumoski or something like that. Hearts might have made an offer. The player and the agent may have liked it (number of contract years, salary) - and maybe just waited for the official paperwork to come through from Kaunas. And waited. And waited. And then signed for somebody else because he couldn't be arsed waiting around any more.

I believe this also, apart from the part in bold. he is still unsigned.

Dougie Masterton
Who knows?

Who did he sign for?

Who knows?

I wouldn't be surprised by that kind of scenario. After having suffered the best that the likes of Mole, Elliot and Nade have to offer since Velicka went to Stavanger so the petty cash could be topped up, I've come to the conclusion that the most obvious reason we haven't been able to sign a striker who might score more than three a season is that the owner is a warped **** who enjoys ****ing people off.

Not Hearts. Yet. You reckon we'll still get him?

He's still available as far as I know and Hearts spoke to him twice, as he had said we were his preferred option. You never know.

I'd like to think after todays performance it is even more obvious we need a striker.

Maybe Csaba's 'get me a striker or I'm offski' hints could turn it, who knows, I'm probably dreaming.

stokes is not the player he was, thats why sunderland got rid. We surely can get a player (striker) out they 200 names that the boss has been saying over and over??

stokes is not the player he was, thats why sunderland got rid. We surely can get a player (striker) out they 200 names that the boss has been saying over and over??

completely agree, unfortuately, same player or not, a fully fit and match sharp stokes (or stokes like player) would have had today's game wrapped up by half time.

i would love it if we signed naumouski even now but if we do i still need to know why wait until we are bottom of the league and out of europe, unbelievable

Ye but he never said how many of those were strikers. There could've been 180 centrebacks.

completely agree, unfortuately, same player or not, a fully fit and match sharp stokes (or stokes like player) would have had today's game wrapped up by half time.

And what are you basing this on? A couple of good performances a few years ago?

Stokes is pash.

Much as I admire Csaba I just wish he would shut up or **** off. According to reports Stokes cost ?800k. Does anyone believe we would be spending that type of money on any striker. Get real.

Much as I admire Csaba I just wish he would shut up or **** off. According to reports Stokes cost ?800k. Does anyone believe we would be spending that type of money on any striker. Get real.

Maybe Csaba believed we were in the market for a decent striker on the back of what he had been told by Vlad?

Does anyone believe that Petrie would pay that sort of money?

Stokes is pash.

i dont think he is great either. From what i watched on saturday he done pretty much nothing and could easily have scored 4. When he is fit this worries me slightly. Hence the reason i think a fit stokes (stokes like player) could have finished this game off in the first half?

Stokes was available on a free 2 months ago. Hearts didn't take him. There have been another 3 strikers in that they chose not to sign.

Maybe Csaba believed we were in the market for a decent striker on the back of what he had been told by Vlad?

And maybe he's playing to the audience to mask some of his own mistakes.

He is good manager with a good personality. He should not need to conduct his business through the press.

Walter Bishop
Does anyone believe that Petrie would pay that sort of money?

I heard it was 500k, fair play to the tache for releasing some money. I did hear a 3rd party are contributing to his Wages!

Hibs have around 4 companys that own different things im led to believe, Hibs holdings,Hibernian fc , etc etc possibly his wges are going through one of these?

Clerry Jambo

We all need a lift after a crappy week.

Lets hope we bring in a striker of note this week.......although I suspect we may well be disappointed again.

Much as I admire Csaba I just wish he would shut up or **** off. According to reports Stokes cost ?800k. Does anyone believe we or Hibs would be spending that type of money on any striker. Get real.

Resubmitted the omission in your post.

And maybe he's playing to the audience to mask some of his own mistakes.

He is good manager with a good personality. He should not need to conduct his business through the press.

Then he's been doing it for 12 months

He has been discussing the need for better strikers at the club for over a year

So, given everyone had a boner about him last season, it can hardly be claimed that he was masking his mistakes last season

Its not exactly a new "excuse" Csaba has put together just because we are gash

We definitely need someone. I don't think Witeveen can do it on his own. I did like Nade but am really going off him. What happens if Witeveen gets injured? Glen the only decent option?

Stokes is pash.

Have to completely disagree with this. Stokes is a good striker and you will learn this over the course of this season.

To hear Csaba say he was thinking of Stokes makes Hibs signing them even harder to take.

Rankgers won with 10 men yesterday and a goal down. How the ***k?

I'll tell you. They reverted to 3 5 1 knowing that we had zero chance of scoring as we have NO striker of note (GG apart). When Rankgers had KT sent off we should have brought on an additional striker to really threaten and stretch them but we don't have that resource.

Will we sign someone this week? I certainly hope so but sadly don't think so.

Posted on another thread that Lee Trundle was in stand yesterday - he's 33 I think now but always remember him having good scoring record at Swansea.

I'd take him just now if he's fit

Archived