Walter Smith

JennytheJambo

JennytheJambo

He has just said that Kevin Thomson never touched the player and should never have received a red card. If a Hearts players had done the same thing it would have been an different opinion.

He has just said that Kevin Thomson never touched the player and should never have received a red card. If a Hearts players had done the same thing it would have been an different opinion.

he's not seen the tv replay then! definite red imo.

Thig Ar Latha

He should have gone to Specsavers!

Thomson definitely clipped Black with his trailing leg but it was a yellow at most imo.

I think it was the way he went in that was the problem.

I thought it was a yellow, but I've said already that the ref's performance today was absolutely shocking. After Kevin Thomson went, I thought we'd see 2 or 3 from each team be sent off the way things were going. Ref totally lost the plot.

speedygonzales
Thomson definitely clipped Black with his trailing leg but it was a yellow at most imo.

I'd watch the incident on TV again if I was you.

Thomson left the ground, in with both feet, clatters Blacks left ankle when it was still on the ground and made no contact whatsoever with the ball.

Red card every day of the week and twice on Sunday!

Victor Mancini

walter smiths nearly as old as davie weir no wonder his eyes are failing him these days

I thought it was a yellow, but I've said already that the ref's performance today was absolutely shocking. After Kevin Thomson went, I thought we'd see 2 or 3 from each team be sent off the way things were going. Ref totally lost the plot.

Disagree. I think the ref had to lay down a marker after the Suso/Miller spat which might have ended the same way and Thomson made it easy for him to give the red - even WS admitted this - which I thought was totally deserved as it was a shockingly late and dangerous challenge.

Thought ref did OK but, even as a neutral I still cannot make up my mind about the penalty. What say you?

Tommy Wiseau

Walter Smith basically accused Ian Black of cheating, because (paraphrasing) "if Thomson had made any contact he'd be in the hospital".

What a fecking disgusting thing to say.

I hope his face rots off.

Thig Ar Latha
Walter Smith basically accused Ian Black of cheating, because (paraphrasing) "if Thomson had made any contact he'd be in the hospital".

What a fecking disgusting thing to say.

I hope his face rots off.

Proof, if any was needed that the ref called it right.

Walter Smith hates Hearts. We ruined his fairytale departure first time round by daring to win the cup. His post match remarks that day were so bitter and twisted it was unbelievable.

I hope R@ng*rs get papped out of Europe at the first time of asking as their severe funding issues will rear their head as they will not win this league.

Disagree. I think the ref had to lay down a marker after the Suso/Miller spat which might have ended the same way and Thomson made it easy for him to give the red - even WS admitted this - which I thought was totally deserved as it was a shockingly late and dangerous challenge.

Thought ref did OK but, even as a neutral I still cannot make up my mind about the penalty. What say you?

I thought he had laid down a marker with the Suso/Miller one, but it was clear the way things were going that he'd lost control. I still think the Kevin Thomson one was a booking having seen the replay, but wasn't complaining when he pulled the red out :) Just a shame we never made the most of it.

Players were flying in all over the place on both sides. I thought he should have had a word with the two captains to be honest to get the players to calm down. He also missed a few bad challenges from both teams, the whole game just seemed to pass him by in a flurry of yellow cards.

I think it was a very, very soft award, not sure if it was even inside the box. From our point of view its really disappointing though as the huns had been playing that sort of ball in to our box for the whole of the second half and we were defending it very "messily", sooner or later we were going to concede something.

Still think we should have killed the game off.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I thought it was a harsh red, tbh. If Black had made that tackle on Thomson and been sent off we would be absolutely raging.

More than made up for it with the penalty that never was.

Tommy Wiseau
Proof, if any was needed that the ref called it right.

Exactly.

"It was never a red card because he never made contact, and I know he never made contact because if he had he would have broken his leg."

Not the brightest of sparks, is he?

what a ****ing disgusting old ****. he knows fair well the tackle could have broken the player's leg but still insists it was a wrong red card because "there was no contact"?

aye ok walter.

Smith continued: "I don't think there was any great contact made and obviously if there had been, the player would never have been able to continue in the manner he did do for the rest of the game."

So the fouled players leg has to be carried off on a separate stretcher in order for it to be a justified red.

What a feckin cretin.

Smith continued: "I don't think there was any great contact made and obviously if there had been, the player would never have been able to continue in the manner he did do for the rest of the game."

So the fouled players leg has to be carried off on a separate stretcher in order for it to be a justified red.

What a feckin cretin.

it's laughable. he just opens his mouth and comes out with stuff that contradicts the point he's trying to make.

cheers wattie. you just confirmed yourself it was a red card offence.

i imagine the media will be keen to question him for his ridiculous contradiction....

eh? no... something's wrong...

Archived