Too Many Different Nationalities?

gregzy2k7

Just a thought but when looking at the hearts team and squad on a whole there is a lot of different nationalities,Which got me thinking is there maybe a communication problem within the squad ? as when people come from different cultures and countrys they are alot different to people from other backgrounds and usually find it hard too get along and speak too each other.

I feel that we have way too many different National Players from around europe and the world And would like to see this reduced alot over the coming years I'm not trying to be racist or that but i would rather at least 65 to 70 percent of the squad was scottish atleast then they would know what it really means to play for hearts and would be able to talk to each other on the park they also always seem to show alot more passion than foriegners don't get me wrong there are alot of good players from europe and other parts of the world but i think we should try and get more players that are the same nationality like instead of having 1 lithuanian,1 ghanian,1 icelandic,1 portugueze and 1 algerian and so on and so fourth how bout having 4 or 5 spaniards at least then there are a few of them and they can cominucate with each other better on and off the park.Thoughts ?

im sure csaba wanted a core of scottish players before buying a pole, an algerian, a spaniard, an austrian. i know black is scottish but one out of 5 doesnt help the team especially when the SPL is 90 % effort and 10% skill, too many forigners dont get this and the SPL doesnt suit them. this might explain many lackluster performances over the last few years. bring in the youngster rather than 2nd rate overseas players.

Are the first three posters the same person?!

Read the usernames!

im sure csaba wanted a core of scottish players before buying a pole, an algerian, a spaniard, an austrian. i know black is scottish but one out of 5 doesnt help the team especially when the SPL is 90 % effort and 10% skill, too many forigners dont get this and the SPL doesnt suit them. this might explain many lackluster performances over the last few years. bring in the youngster rather than 2nd rate overseas players.

Agree, 100%

The SPL is as much about pride as skill. Effort is important and I think if a team was to play give 110% effort and still lose 2-0 they would still get an applause of the pitch.

We have quite a few australians in the reserves, that might be useful for the future along with the scottish talent. I think there are too many nationalities in the squad. But would we even be thinking that if they showed the passion that they should be showing. Probably not. Once the players get an understanding with each other i think we'll be fine. Lets just hope its sooner rather than later.

Charlie-Brown

Most decent Scottish/SPL players aren't affordable to SPL clubs as the players can get much better offers in the Championship & Premiership which leave our clubs with the choice of the less good Scottish/SPL players or looking abroad at foreign players or young players however they take time to mature into SPL ready players & become regulars.

Archived