Overcomplicating things............

Debut 4

Is that what Csaba is doing with the players when it comes to tactics and setting the team up for games?

I`m all for players expanding their knowledge and intelligence because the brain is where it all comes from, aside from physical ability. But all he does is talk about tactics?

You never hear him talk about how disappointed or happy he was with the players input or if we showed enough this or that. I just want my team properly motivated to go out and do a job. Play to our strengths, set ourselves up to suit what type of forwards we`re playing, if they are pacey or less mobile........

At the moment i think he needs to go more down the motivational route and keep it really simple. We need the players fired up and to burst a gut tomorrow, none of this over-educated stifled style where players are told to play in areas and stay there. We need runners, we need graft as well as craft.

We need an injection, we need a good old fashioned blow out and the players have came off sweating blood and feel like they have done a good shift and be proud of themselves. The last two results would have dented their confidence alright but aswell as Csaba trying to lift them they need to dig deep themselves in conjunction.

Csaba says tactics aren`t a big thing in Scotland and he thinks he can get one over other teams by honing Hearts on them, maybe, but he needs to get the right level of commitment from the players before anything works.

MON THE HEARTS

Clerry Jambo

Alot of our players need to get back to basics, learn how keep, pass and control the feckin Baw!!

Tomorrow we need a good bright start to the game, legs all over the park ( you know what I mean before the wise cracks ) and hopefully a bit of luck against this mob.

Alot of our players need to get back to basics, learn how keep, pass and control the feckin Baw!!

Tomorrow we need a good bright start to the game, legs all over the park ( you know what I mean before the wise cracks ) and hopefully a bit of luck against this mob.

Always amazes me Bri that all the greatest teams since the beatiful game was born did this, yet the vast majority of teams haven't cottoned on to it.

Yes, you need good players in positions but at any level, this is the best way forward.

When you don't have the ball, work like buggery to get it back. When you do have it, work like buggery to keep it.

Simples.

Its not ideal we have one of the uglies.

Otherwise it would have been good to test out alot of the younger players on the verge of breaking through. Maybe kean to impress and hopefully willing to put a bit of effort in and close things down.

I'd still be looking to give the likes of Glen a run out though.

Its not ideal we have one of the uglies.

Otherwise it would have been good to test out alot of the younger players on the verge of breaking through. Maybe kean to impress and hopefully willing to put a bit of effort in and close things down.

I'd still be looking to give the likes of Glen a run out though.

why not do that anyway AR?

You do run the risk but i`m at the stage i wouldn`t be bothered feckin up a little short term if it meant the good youngsters get a chance to bed in and long term we see good results.

Its sounds crazy doing it at the start of the season as it should have been done pre season. But I`d rather have some hungry young players than some of the overpaid imposters.

Archived