Help with buying new TV

maltese jambo

maltese jambo

old CRT is nackered, and im looking for help getting a new TV.

I have an xbox 360 and i want the full HD, non of this HD ready sh!!ete, ive come accross this one and wondered what you experts thought of it...the likes of Hughesey et. al.

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/2732639/art/toshiba/32rv635d-lcd-television.html

Thanks in advance.

I'm touched!

Okay, there is no difference between HD Ready and Full HD. HD Ready simply means that it has the sockets (HDMI or Component) to allow HD appliances to plug into it. Full HD means it supports 1080p, the best quality you can get.

So really, all HD TV's are HD Ready. Not all will be able to show Full HD though.

As said in the other thread, most outputs such as 360, Virgin, Sky will only broadcast in 720p. Only a few games are made to 1080p standards.

When viewing 720p is better than 1080i, ihmo.

Bearing in mind that an LCD TV will last mabye up to 5 years without breaking you need to consider whether spending extra and getting the 1080p Full HD is worth it or if sparing that for your next, larger TV will be better. Saving money in the long run to get a better spec model than that Toshiba.

The Toshiba has plent connection in the back to suit all your needs though which is good. I'd look for at the bare minimum 2 X HDMI 1X SCART 1X VGA and 1X Component.

The two connection in bold are what you can view HD with. However the 360 does also have a HD VGA cable. This i think those is pretty rare.

Sony and Samsung to great TV's.

maltese jambo
I'm touched!

Okay, there is no difference between HD Ready and Full HD. HD Ready simply means that it has the sockets (HDMI or Component) to allow HD appliances to plug into it. Full HD means it supports 1080p, the best quality you can get.

So really, all HD TV's are HD Ready. Not all will be able to show Full HD though.

As said in the other thread, most outputs such as 360, Virgin, Sky will only broadcast in 720p. Only a few games are made to 1080p standards.

When viewing 720p is better than 1080i, ihmo.

Bearing in mind that an LCD TV will last mabye up to 5 years without breaking you need to consider whether spending extra and getting the 1080p Full HD is worth it or if sparing that for your next, larger TV will be better. Saving money in the long run to get a better spec model than that Toshiba.

The Toshiba has plent connection in the back to suit all your needs though which is good. I'd look for at the bare minimum 2 X HDMI 1X SCART 1X VGA and 1X Component.

The two connection in bold are what you can view HD with. However the 360 does also have a HD VGA cable. This i think those is pretty rare.

Sony and Samsung to great TV's.

Thanks mate, sorry for spelling your name wrong!

Archived