What do you think Craig Levein really wanted to say?......

The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor

As painful to watch as last night's match was, equally painful was watching Nevin and Dougie Donnelly gloating.

The one thing that stuck out for me was watching former Hearts player, captain and manager Craig Levein trying to give a summary of what he was watching. He could barely find the words to string together an answer without embarrassing a fellow manager or slating our overpaid underperforming players.

So what do you think he really wanted to say?

1. Did you see that.... Did you spot Jane.... Nope.... Nahh..... Just Calamity

2. We only scored 2.... should have been 6

3. Looks like its going to be a long season

4. FTH

Drew Busby !

Maybe not said... but thought...

"...to think by May we'll be 4th behind this pile of utter pesh"

As painful to watch as last night's match was, equally painful was watching Nevin and Dougie Donnelly gloating.

The one thing that stuck out for me was watching former Hearts player, captain and manager Craig Levein trying to give a summary of what he was watching. He could barely find the words to string together an answer without embarrassing a fellow manager or slating our overpaid underperforming players.

It pains me to say this... but I agreed with everything Levein and Nevin had to say last night... and to be fair to them they were being kind.

Tokyo Drifter

I didn't think they were gloating. Levein looked genuinely shocked and it made me think he does have some lingering affection for the club, if not for Mikey. Everything Nevin said was fair enough and I thought they could both have stuck it to Nade more.

It pains me to say this... but I agreed with everything Levein and Nevin had to say last night... and to be fair to them they were being kind.

Levein, Nevin and Robbo thoroughly and fairly dissected the team and manager last night. Proper and fair analysis of the game.

Levein, Nevin and Robbo thoroughly and fairly dissected the team and manager last night. Proper and fair analysis of the game.

Spot on

Guest Dipped Flake
I didn't think they were gloating. Levein looked genuinely shocked and it made me think he does have some lingering affection for the club, if not for Mikey. Everything Nevin said was fair enough and I thought they could both have stuck it to Nade more.

Of course he does, the man is a Hearts fan

The Mighty Thor

Oh Levein wasn't gloating mate, that was plain to see. I have no doubt he has an affection for the club, he was a great servant here despite some of the revisionist BS that comes with his current role at Dundee Utd.

he made fair comments about the game last night and seemed genuinely disappointed that the scottish side had received a beasting but...

during the programme thre was a clip shown of the penalty they got at tannadice and he simpered on about how delighted he was with swanson's "imagination".

sorry but that was quite hard to swallow seeing as the imaginative swanson completely conned the penalty.

basically we had an ex hearts legend comng on to a TV programme showing a hearts game, being paid licence fee payers money (partly contributed to by us) to rejoice about a penalty given against us which was a complete dive. add in the tirade he had about hearts last season in his newspaper article regarding the honesty of our players and manager and you have one giant dollop of irony.

Why is it that I get the distinct impression that some on this board would have loved it had Levein been gloating at our misfortune?

I was a bit busy trying to drag myself from the depths of depression at the time but I did note that Levein was surprisingly kind about us and looked genuinely quite miffed that we'd been so rubbish. Not a hint of schedenfreude about him, not one wee tiny little bit.

I think Levein was genuinely bothered that Hearts were getting pumped and he definately knows what he is talking about with regard his analysis....

he had to comment on the penalty incident because it involved Hearts last game - Levein is a Hearts legend and I think still cares about the club...

Jambojohnnyboy

Hearts still run deep in Levein and I believe that he has the utmost respect for Csaba but every word out his mouth last night was true.

Silverymoon92

Don't talk pish everything Levein said was 100% accurate. If you can't take the a bit of criticism don't watch the analysis!

Silverymoon92

Exactly why is Robbo getting no grief from all you lot?

I thought Levein was genuinely disspointed that a Scottish team had a doing in Europe. At least Levein has made the transition to manager and had to set out a team tactically and with the personnel as he felt appropriate.

It really annoys me that guys like Nevin can never have their 'virtual' tactics tested for real. And Dougie Donnelly always seems to revel in Scottish defeats whether on a European or International basis.

Levein was embarassed to be a Hearts fan last night, as we all were.

He was struggling to find words!

Although, he must be thinking that he'll end up above us in the league.......

I watched the game and listened to the comments, I thought they were not only fair, but our inadequacies were to some extent understated. I also thought they done us a big favour by showing almost relentlessly the total lack of effort by Nade seldom leaving the centre circle, and failing to break into even a slow jog at times. If Csaba uses that tape in post match review the wishes of many of us on JKB will be granted.

Big Dougie seemed to be pushing Levein and Niven for more damming comments they refused the bait, thought they both looked gutted.

I think deep down they knew it was unfair to rip into Hearts as the recent poor showings in europe illustrate the bad shape all of scottish football is in.

rudi must stay
I agree with Levein and Nevin. But some of the stuff Robbo was saying showed why he doesn't have a managers job.

you can't judge him as a manager because of that game IMO, he's a Jambo so he was watching the game from a fans point of view. FWIW I think he'd be a better manager now than he was before, he speaks very well in interviews and does a lot of work for the BBC so he'd be better tactically.

Seconded.

Not a word uttered about Hearts that wasn't 100% on the button.

The Mighty Thor
Don't talk pish everything Levein said was 100% accurate. If you can't take the a bit of criticism don't watch the analysis!

Good son. Reading is not your strong point clearly.

I'll leave you to go away and read and understand and then come back.

John Findlay

The one thing Levein was thinking but didint say was. I would have booted that Pedro Morales up in the air the first time he got the ball. Just to let him know he was in a game.

John

It was clear that Levein took no pleasure in that game last night. The guy is still a Hearts man and was genuinely shocked at how "un-hearts like" that performance was. Remember this is a guy who has played for Hearts in Europe many times and put in some terrific performances.

In terms of what he would have liked to say? Players like Nade and Stewart would never get near a starting place if he was the manager.

I think he wanted to say "How much am I getting paid to sit beside you pair of ramjets? One a furniture advertising ringpiece with a sheep's heid, and the other a pseudo-intellectual, effiminate pr*ck. **** this, I'm away for a pint".

At least that's what I'd want to say.

he made fair comments about the game last night and seemed genuinely disappointed that the scottish side had received a beasting but...

during the programme thre was a clip shown of the penalty they got at tannadice and he simpered on about how delighted he was with swanson's "imagination".

sorry but that was quite hard to swallow seeing as the imaginative swanson completely conned the penalty.

basically we had an ex hearts legend comng on to a TV programme showing a hearts game, being paid licence fee payers money (partly contributed to by us) to rejoice about a penalty given against us which was a complete dive. add in the tirade he had about hearts last season in his newspaper article regarding the honesty of our players and manager and you have one giant dollop of irony.

it must be so difficult trying to see conspiricies at every single turn, Levein was spot on in his summarising, and if you cant handle honest

criticism of Hearts, then i dont think football is your game, try scrabble.

markletissier
Oh Levein wasn't gloating mate, that was plain to see. I have no doubt he has an affection for the club, he was a great servant here despite some of the revisionist BS that comes with his current role at Dundee Utd.

he let slip a 'we' at one point.

i still think the man is a legend.

The one thing that stuck out for me was watching former Hearts player, captain and manager Craig Levein trying to give a summary of what he was watching. He could barely find the words to string together an answer without embarrassing HIMSELF or slating our overpaid underperforming players.

Corrected the post for you, & who gives a FLYING FC UK. whether he could or couldn`t find any words to say, he`s nothing to do with Hearts now .:10900:

It was clear that Levein took no pleasure in that game last night. The guy is still a Hearts man and was genuinely shocked at how "un-hearts like" that performance was. Remember this is a guy who has played for Hearts in Europe many times and put in some terrific performances.

In terms of what he would have liked to say? Players like Nade and Stewart would never get near a starting place if he was the manager.

good post, agreed.

still a legend in my book.

im sure he was very upset and feels for the fans after seeing that im sure some smalll part of him wishes he was the manager again and could try to do something about games like last night

on another note i get told im too quick to praise other teams but his work at united shows what can be done with nothing ok thier team aint great but id take gomis and swanson and a few others in a second i mean did those two not come from cowdenbeath

i remember gavin swankies performance against celtic in the league cup and i thought god i wonder if he would do a job for us im sure there are or have been players in the lower leagues that we could have snapped up for frees or very cheap

always thought craig levien had a good eye for a player. he must have a good scouting system, as he's brought in some players who can do a job but haven't cost the earth. i can think of another wee fitba' team who could do with that right now!

I refuse to dislike him. Best manager in the SPL - he played players out of position because he had to. For three bloody years now I've watched successive managers of massive Hearts squads continue to play players in the wrong positions... Last night Obua, Goncalves and Jonsson were all in the wrong position and Nade wasn't fit enough to be on the pitch in any position!!!

Magic Numbers
he let slip a 'we' at one point.

i still think the man is a legend.

Yeah, I caught that one too, was most surprised, but pleased to hear it!

Cracking player in his time.

i could listen to his opinions all day, he was a superb defender the best heartscentre half i have watched in 35 years of going to games. He was kind as i cant recall ever being so outplayed, we were a disgrace, levein knew it but did not say it.

Couldnt disagree with ANYTHING that was said about Hearts last night.

They had it spot on. And its not often you'll hear me say that.

Couldnt disagree with ANYTHING that was said about Hearts last night.

They had it spot on. And its not often you'll hear me say that.

Not seen the recording of the game yet (Not that I want to!) but that team deserved every bit of abuse they received last night. Yesterday's performance was an insult to all the Hearts fans who went over there.

Archived