opinions

nick_3892

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Tonight was a demonstration of why Scottish football is so poor.

3rd/4th rate foreign imports who could not get a game for the lower league sides they came from and Scottish players ignored.

I can't believe there are not enough decent Scottish players out there to sign who would at least give a bit of fight that these foreigners lack.

But that's the environment we live in now and it will never change.

I think Laszlo is still a good coach but I believe unless we have a nucleus of solid scottish players we will get results like tonight. Also I hope he is more ruthless and bins players who everyone can see are not any good. Its no good playing well in a meaningless friendly like Bolton or Sunderland, Monday night and tonight MATTERED, particularly tonight and this team were not disciplined enough or showed enough effort or guile.

We may still finish third, and I will grab that now.

Oh *****!!!

We look like a team devoid of ideas, defence is a shambles, no creativity in midfield and up front..........................NOTHING!!!!

Hearts will be the first team in the history of the SPL not to score a single goal in a whole season (IMO).

We will still finish above Hibs though.

HillmanHearts

Last season we were good at the back and garbage up front.

This season our attack is still the same but now our defence is just as bad.

So far Black looks like the only good addition to the squad.

Johnson aint no fecken right back.

Rupert Pupkin

WE can compete in the SPL,we were unfortunate not to get at least a draw on MONDAY(seem to remember WEAVER making a few good saves whereas KELLO did feck all but pick the ball out the net twice).

Tonight we didnt turn up and were out played and out gunned by a team who have a decent EUROPEAN pedigree,it's a bit early to make rash statements and judgements .I still think(and this is only my opinion) we can be optimistic about the SPL season IF we can get goals .However progress to the group stages of the EUROPA league was always gonna be a big ask and sadly a step to far given the teams we could of played and got drawn against.

early season opinions anyone??

I'm pretty much of the opinion that we are just a bunch of footballers that can't play together. Two matches now, same garbage, they can't pass to each other, when a player has the ball, there is little movement for him to create a pass or move and the lack of effort was there for all to see tonight. Teams we've had in the past would not have played like that no matter who the opposition was, you could see Levein was dismayed at the performance to the point that Nevin was talked over by him most of the break and you could hear the desperation in Robbo's commentary too. Too many 2nd rate foreigners have been the scourge of our club in recent times. At least when Jeffries was in charge he brought in foreigners that made a difference to the squad (Adam, Flogel, Rousset, Bruno..etc... and added them to good Scottish players, now it's all about signing foreign only.

Archived