U2 at Hampden

Coco

Anyone go last night?

I'm not a big fan of anything after Achtung Baby, but I thought that U2 put on a good show last night. The idea of the concert in the round was great for their bank balances :10900: with all the stands full - but was also fantastic for the sound which was the best I've ever heard at Hampden.

Didn't enjoy the new stuff very much - but thought The Unforgettable Fire and Where The Streets Have No Name sounded good.

Bono is a bore though with his political stuff.

Anyone go last night?

I'm not a big fan of anything after Achtung Baby, but I thought that U2 put on a good show last night. The idea of the concert in the round was great for their bank balances :10900: with all the stands full - but was also fantastic for the sound which was the best I've ever heard at Hampden.

Didn't enjoy the new stuff very much - but thought The Unforgettable Fire and Where The Streets Have No Name sounded good.

Bono is a bore though with his political stuff.

I was there.

That is the last time I will ever book a bus through Tickets Scotland/Happy Bus. For the second Hampden Gig in a row we paid ?15 each for a recommissioned LRT bus from McDades of Uddingston with no toilets, but to make things worse it took 3 hours to get to the gig, having got lost for an hour when 5 mins from the ground.

The driver of the second McDade's bus didn't know how to get to Glasgow and our bus had to frequently pull over for it to catch up.

My brother and I decided not to travel back on it after the experience and got the 11:30 train home from Queen St. as the gig didn't finish too late.

Perhaps some of the guys that run supporters buses could tell me what it costs to put on a proper coach like most of the football buses run?

Anyway, getting onto the gig itself. The Hours weren't too bad an opening act. Glasvegas were totally lost playing in the stadium atmosphere, and didn't have enough good songs.

U2 played most of the songs of the new album plus a few favourites. The Unforgettable Fire was fantastic, and I really enjoyed the classics plus Ultraviolet was a pleasant surprise. My favourite track of the current album, Moment of Surrender sounded fantastic at the end.

I bet the Celtic fans wished they had kept their U2 tickets and gone to Hampden instead!

Not a fan of U2. Read in the paper yesterday that they weren't making much money from the gig fun to the size of the show it was.

Was a big fan of theirs until their last concert, Bono bored me and most people with all his political talk, plus too many jakey Sellick fans for my liking in the crowd

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I don't mind listening to U2 occassionally but Bono does my head in.

He's an absolute **** of a man.

Was a big fan of theirs until their last concert, Bono bored me and most people with all his political talk, plus too many jakey Sellick fans for my liking in the crowd

That wasn't the case last night.

Only saw one Celtic "tap". :10900:

Overhyped tripe IMHO nothing much after The Joshua Tree but each to their own:smiley2:

If you saw them live you might change your mind.

I was there and they done a fantastic show.

I also took my two 14 year old girls and they thought it was great.

The pitch was bouncing but i was stuck in the BT stand which is

far far away for a concert.

The politcs at the end killed it a bit but thats Bono

Two hour show.

If you saw them live you might change your mind.

I was there and they done a fantastic show.

I also took my two 14 year old girls and they thought it was great.

The pitch was bouncing but i was stuck in the BT stand which is

far far away for a concert.

The politcs at the end killed it a bit but thats Bono

Two hour show.

Two hours just - no stamina!

Springsteen was 2h 55 mins, and the Boss is 60 year old next month.

I've got a Celtic mate who was cursing the clash of dates, but as he got his

U2 ticket bought for him as a pressie, went to Hampden instead of going to the Celtic v Arsenal match.

I knew he was getting text updates from his son who was at the Celtic game. Just after the final whistle I texted my Celtic mate at Hampden to ask him if U2 had played their new single yet - Tuesday Bloody Tuesday.

I couldn't repeat his reply here.

Darth Sidious

I am with you, went to the last Hampden gig just before Live8 and he kept talking all the way through about Africa and the Western Governments. fed up with it. Too many stoned/guttered Weegies as well.

Hated the new album as well. I like my songs with big guitar riffs, Elevation, Even Better Than The Real Thing and Vertigo.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
By who?

22 Grammy awards, tied most with Stevie Wonder.

Haven't you answered your own question there? :biggrin:

Archived