What is happening in.............................

JWL

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

That's 16 suicides now in the space of a year I think.

The mother of the guy that killed himself last week has said the media attention is putting ideas into kids heads.

Police are saying it isn't a cult thing but I don't know?

Very sad anyway.

not sure if we are allowed to discuss this but it is getting stranger every day.

Just what is going on in Bridgend???

Is that where the suicides keep coming? Two guys from the year below me at school have commited suicide in the past year or so. There was only about 80 people in the year. Frightening. Only 20 years old

Not sure if it is unusual actually.

You will find suicide in Scotland is not made as public as it is in England and Wales. We have a bit more thought for the families left behind to cope with their feelings. In E & W it is made public in the coroners court, where as in Scotland, unless exceptional circumstances dictate, the Procurator Fiscal will clear the death without any public hearing.

I have a fair bit of knowledge on suicide and whilst not saying the figures here are any worse or better many people in Scotland kill themselves every week.

There will always be hotspots for suicide, but Bridgend may have few suicides in the next two years and could fall in line with the average.

Not sure if it is unusual actually.

You will find suicide in Scotland is not made as public as it is in England and Wales. We have a bit more thought for the families left behind to cope with their feelings. In E & W it is made public in the coroners court, where as in Scotland, unless exceptional circumstances dictate, the Procurator Fiscal will clear the death without any public hearing.

I have a fair bit of knowledge on suicide and whilst not saying the figures here are any worse or better many people in Scotland kill themselves every week.

There will always be hotspots for suicide, but Bridgend may have few suicides in the next two years and could fall in line with the average.

I saw a TV article on this a few weeks back. If you saw the links between each of them and the timelines you would change your mind.

Very very strange goings on. Every person who has died so far (IIRC) has a direct link to the previous person (Cousin, girlfriend etc...).

It really is like something out of a random Japanese Horror film. Wierd. :eek:

Someone posted on here last month about committing suicide.

Would only consider doing it if I got Alzheimers (spelling police fill your boots)

Hear what you are saying Deek but that takes it to 17 now in a year or so and taking into account the relatively small area and the fact that most if not all were either friends or bebo or myspace acquaintances it does make you think that something more sinister is happening here.

I saw a TV article on this a few weeks back. If you saw the links between each of them and the timelines you would change your mind.

Very very strange goings on. Every person who has died so far (IIRC) has a direct link to the previous person (Cousin, girlfriend etc...).

As I said CC I have a fair knowledge on suicide victims.

It would not surprise me if some were known to each other.

You can have a copy cat effect, or family members may have the same suicide trait. You often find this.

The man who jumped from the balcony on Greece last last year with his children for example. His family had a history of suicide.

I recall a spate of suicides in Livingston about ten years ago. All young men between 18 and 25, most probably knew each other.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Is that a fact? Never heard that before.

Pretty dodgy!

Your life has got to be unbelievably terrible to consider finishing it at 16 years old.

Hear what you are saying Deek but that takes it to 17 now in a year or so and taking into account the relatively small area and the fact that most if not all were either friends or bebo or myspace acquaintances it does make you think that something more sinister is happening here.

What do you think is sinister Toggie. The population in the area is 130,000.

Here are some figures for you.

The group at highest risk of suicide has changed over the years. It used to be men over 65 years of age: 24 per 100,000 population in 1979. In the past decade, the group at highest risk has been men aged 25?34 years. However, in 2002, the risk of suicide in this age group was the same as in men aged 35?44 years: 22 per 100,000 population. During the late 1980s and 1990s, suicide was the most common cause of death for men aged 15?44 years. The suicide rate has gone down since then, however, and suicide is now the second most common cause of death in this age group, behind accidental death.

http://www.mind.org.uk/Information/Factsheets/Statistics/Statistics+2.htm

What do you think is sinister Toggie. The population in the area is 130,000.

Here are some figures for you.

The group at highest risk of suicide has changed over the years. It used to be men over 65 years of age: 24 per 100,000 population in 1979. In the past decade, the group at highest risk has been men aged 25?34 years. However, in 2002, the risk of suicide in this age group was the same as in men aged 35?44 years: 22 per 100,000 population. During the late 1980s and 1990s, suicide was the most common cause of death for men aged 15?44 years. The suicide rate has gone down since then, however, and suicide is now the second most common cause of death in this age group, behind accidental death.

http://www.mind.org.uk/Information/Factsheets/Statistics/Statistics+2

.htm

Errm, I sure as hell ain't Toggie. Anyway, what if you condense the age range to 16 - 20 which is the case here and couple that with the fact that they were all acquainted in some way shape or form then I'm afraid it does become sinister, but then again it could all be coincidental and as you say copycat stuff and maybe I've watched too much conspiracy stuff recently, but it is just a tad uncanny.

Suicide is always tragic and leaves family and friends devastated that they couldn't and didn't do anything to prevent it. Especially so when it's young people that do it.

Errm, I sure as hell ain't Toggie. Anyway, what if you condense the age range to 16 - 20 which is the case here and couple that with the fact that they were all acquainted in some way shape or form then I'm afraid it does become sinister, but then again it could all be coincidental and as you say copycat stuff and maybe I've watched too much conspiracy stuff recently, but it is just a tad uncanny.

Apologies. You use the same avatar. I wasen't paying attention.

Archived