Wii problems

Disser Pointon

Disser Pointon

Hoping someone might have a solution before I go to the expense of getting it checked out. The kids Nintendo Wii is not working properly, the games are all loading fine and the buttons on the remote work but the sensor is not recognising the movement of the hand sets. I've tried all the troubleshooting tips from the instructions like re-synching the remotes and moving the sensor bar but no difference.

Anyone else had the same problems?

Cheers

Disser Pointon
Do the remotes you light up at the bottom to indicate players?

i.e.

The first remote to activate will the firstlight lit up.

The 2nd will have the 2nd light lit up

This may help

http://wii.nintendo-europe.com/55.html

try standard mode first from that website

Tried all that mate, the remotes light up and the wii recognises the buttons being pressed but not the motion (swinging the tennis racquet etc).

WEAPONofCHOICE

Have you checked the sensor bar wire for any splits? (as it is a very delicate cable).

I have just had the very same problem, couldn't work out what was wrong...checked the wire, and sure enough there was a split in it.

Now I have the decision to make about which replacement sensor bar to go for, as there does not appear to be an official one for sale?!

When you say it recognises a button press- does it

------------------- a) 4 lights flash when you press a button

------------------- B) 1 light stays lit

If it's a, then they're incorrectly synchronised.

If it's not recognising your swings- it is nothing to dop with the sensor bar.

The sensor bar is only to recognise pointing at the screen, nothing more.

Re: Sensor Bar

you can get replacement sensor bars easy enough (loads of places sell them)

All a sensor bar consists of are 2 Infrared LEDs on either side of it.

Light 2 candles, put them at the bottom of your screen and you'll have yourself a (dangerous) sensor bar that will work with a wii.

WEAPONofCHOICE
you can get replacement sensor bars easy enough (loads of places sell them)

All a sensor bar consists of are 2 Infrared LEDs on either side of it.

Light 2 candles, put them at the bottom of your screen and you'll have yourself a (dangerous) sensor bar that will work with a wii.

I am aware that there are 'loads' of sensor bars available...as I stated, I find it strange there is not an official one for sale.

There are however, loads of 3rd party wireless sensor bars for sale...which eat through batteries like there's no tomorrow.

Disser Pointon
Have you checked the sensor bar wire for any splits? (as it is a very delicate cable).

I have just had the very same problem, couldn't work out what was wrong...checked the wire, and sure enough there was a split in it.

Now I have the decision to make about which replacement sensor bar to go for, as there does not appear to be an official one for sale?!

Pulled it all out but looks ok to me. The weird thing is that it recognises the remote for pointing at the start up menu etc and I can use it throw the tennis ball up in the air but nothing happens when I try to swing at the blasted thing!! There is a Nintendo tech support phone line does anyone know if it is one of those premium rate rip off numbers the website doesnt say?

Hoping someone might have a solution before I go to the expense of getting it checked out. The kids Nintendo Wii is not working properly, the games are all loading fine and the buttons on the remote work but the sensor is not recognising the movement of the hand sets. I've tried all the troubleshooting tips from the instructions like re-synching the remotes and moving the sensor bar but no difference.

Anyone else had the same problems?

Cheers

We had the same problem a few months ago.

After messing about re-synchronising etc with no joy, I found some advice online which worked first time.

Smack the remote off the palm of your hand a couple of times (face down so that the buttons are facing your palm).

That's it! Seriously, worked for me and haven't had any problems since.

Worth a try before investing in a new remote!

Disser Pointon
We had the same problem a few months ago.

After messing about re-synchronising etc with no joy, I found some advice online which worked first time.

Smack the remote off the palm of your hand a couple of times (face down so that the buttons are facing your palm).

That's it! Seriously, worked for me and haven't had any problems since.

Worth a try before investing in a new remote!

Cheers, will give that a bash tonight!

Archived