BEST HEARTS BUS

Miller Jambo 60

Horses for courses, I'd say Dougie.

If you want a "family" bus, you pick a different one than if you want a "party" bus. Likewise some go straight to and from a game, others will book into a club, and make more of a day out of it.

Each to their own :thumb:

ERIC CARTMAN
mayfield and gorebridge in the 90's.

Back u up there , never a dull moment and many many characters that made the days out worthwhile,B.R ,T.S etc legends

In the sixties, I was with the supporters club that used to have their meetings in a room at near the top of Palmerston Place. I think it was the Manor HSC. (The memory is fading fast these days)

winston churchill
In the sixties, I was with the supporters club that used to have their meetings in a room at near the top of Palmerston Place. I think it was the Manor HSC. (The memory is fading fast these days)

correct,

the club was still there when i started going on the bus in 1979.

i think it was number 4 or 5 palmerston place.

bar and pool table as you walked in the door and first right.

:10900:porty bus good call mate a bus full of a right bunch o characters and a was proud to be one ha ha

i went up to aberdeen in the porty bus last season, and not a song was sung. didn't meet any of these 'characters' either. maybe it was just an off-day.

my vote goes to Robbo's, anything goes on that bus

John Montgomery
This one

AHB_open_top_bus.jpg

As a member of Musselburgh Branch I would agree this photograph is one of the four best Hearts buses I can remember:

1 the bus coming back on the day of the 1998 cup final

2 the open top bus the next day

3 the bus coming back on the day of the 2006 cup final

4 the open top bus the next day

Other than that I agree with Gasman - different strokes for different folks.

Anyone ever go on the old Green Tree (now robbos) bus to Parkhead? Mental! Dunno about being the best bus but it was defo an experience. Comedy but at the same time scary as ******!

Stewart MacD

Mighty Manor, 60s to early 70s.

6 Palmerston Place.

It's a solicitors' or something now. The place would be a fire hazard with all the alcohol steeped in the flooring.

The annual trip to Aberdeen was classic. I think we had to find a different B & B every year.

i went up to aberdeen in the porty bus last season, and not a song was sung. didn't meet any of these 'characters' either. maybe it was just an off-day.

my vote goes to Robbo's, anything goes on that bus

If u took the bother to read the thread right you would have knew it was 1981 to the late 80s amsterdam hearts and myself were talking about not last season.

currie and balerno bus to Southampton the first time .. great bunch of guys

Longstone for organisation and life long jambo mates

Pivot for complete lack of organisation ( unless you count shoplifting lol ) and life long mates

and of course IMO the Grosvenor / West End if nothing else then just for lasting 26 years

look forward to seeing all our friends in Zagreb

Mighty Manor, 60s to early 70s.

6 Palmerston Place.

It's a solicitors' or something now. The place would be a fire hazard with all the alcohol steeped in the flooring.

The annual trip to Aberdeen was classic. I think we had to find a different B & B every year.

Manor Hearts

19p for a pint of light in the bar 1974 I think. Getting ****ed for a ?1, quality.

Happy days

Best memory down to Middlesborough for a "friendly" at Ayresome Park. My mate Ian had a stooky from hip to ankle and he was fighting along with the rest of us as we had little choice. Morpeth on the way back for even more mayhem from loads of different Hearts coaches.

Anyone ever go on the old Green Tree (now robbos) bus to Parkhead? Mental! Dunno about being the best bus but it was defo an experience. Comedy but at the same time scary as ******!

When Gags was running the buses:10900:

oxgangs bus in the 80's pure mad mental

Were they not responsible for that "Reekin' in brechin" song I seem to remember from that time.

morning Speedo,going to Zagreb?

Nah mate, money is too tight to mention just now. Not even going tonight.

Nah mate, money is too tight to mention just now. Not even going tonight.

tut tut lad,thought your mates on the Loyal would have given you a freebie :43:

tut tut lad,thought your mates on the Loyal would have given you a freebie :43:

I have been offered that but turned it down, it's on the box anyway so no great loss.

Archived