English Premier League relegation

The xx

Last season was one of the best I remember regarding relegation with around half the league still battling against it come March. This season should be just as interesting. Obviously the three new boys will be candidates for the drop but surely eacxh of them will fancy their chances of surviving given the presence of the likes of Wigan, Portsmouth and Hull.

I reckon Hull will pick up where they left off from last season and struggle this time around. In fact, I would say they must be favourites to go down along with Burnley. I also think Phil Brown will be the first manager to go this season. They start with games against Chelsea, Spurs and Bolton and I can't see them winning any of them. Then they take on, what should be, relegation rivals over the subsequent three games and I think the poor start and mounting pressure will mean that they struggle in these fixtures also.

At the rate Portsmouth are going they will be lucky to have a starting XI come the end of August. In the last year they have sold the likes of Defoe, Crouch and Johnson (more, such as Distin, will also go) and financial constarints means they can only be replaced with players of the calibure of Finnan, Mullins and Mokoena. It's not looking good for them.

Similarly, Wigan have sold many top players in the last year and on top of this have lost an established Premiership manager. I just can't see Jason Scotland making his mark on the Premiership they way that he did in the Championship, and their midfield will be significantly poorer without Cattermole, Valencia and Palacios.

So, like I said, the three new boys must be delighted at the state of some of their prospective relegation-battling chums. Could this be the year where all three newly promoted sides survive?

So my prediction for the bottom three is Portsmouth, Burnley and Hull. What do other folk think?

Drylaw Hearts

So my prediction for the bottom three is Portsmouth, Burnley and Hull. What do other folk think?

I would agree.

bolton might go down if they cant score goals a guy at work was at the hibs bolton game and said if we thought we had probs with nade just be glad we aint spent 10 milion on elmander

bolton might go down if they cant score goals a guy at work was at the hibs bolton game and said if we thought we had probs with nade just be glad we aint spent 10 milion on elmander

I really don't think he's that bad though, he was excellent for Toulouse and although he only scored 5 last season, it was his first in the EPL and he was injured for quite a chunk of it. I really don't see Bolton going down this season, they have enough quality in players like Cahill, the two Davies, Davis and Taylor. Plus they have one of the best goalkeepers in the league.

Carl Fredrickson

I think that Wolves will struggle big time. Big Mick M has an awful record as a manager in the top league.

Pompey will struggle - the prolonged takeover of the club could cost them their top flight stauts. I dont think Paul Hart is the man to manage a club like them. As has been said, top players sold and replaced by 2nd or 3rd rate players.

Hull also look set to struggle. A poor last 6 months in the league and the signings they have made do not instill me with hope for them.

I hope Birmingham go down - just cause of "Big Eck".

Burnley have struggled in preseason friendlies and will relly on teamwork and effort to scrape points.

The bottom of the EPL could be more exciting and nail biting as the top end.

Wolves

Hull

Burnley (I think Burnley will be relagated with the Lowest points tally EVER!!)

I would LOVE Birmingham to go down, Reasons, Big Eck, Andy Watson, Roy Aitkin and the Biggest S C U M feker in World Football, Bazza the Ned Ferguson!!

Archived