Torres - Beating Chelski and Man U is easy.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Do The Dance

Aye, that's what he said, right enough. Typical sun pi5h.

He's stating the truth - the problem for Liverpool is winning the games they are expected to win.

Frankenstein Jambo.
To be fair, he's making a valid point. It's easy to get motivated to play Man U/Chelski but playing Burnley in February requires professionalism and a winning mentality that champions need.

However, it is never easy to beat Man U or chelsea.

Dean Winchester

The 4 games against both of them last season say otherwise.

The 4-1 humping of Man Utd could have been alot worse.

Do The Dance

Which is why he never said that .. :stuart:

Although Liverpool did beat United and Chelsea both home and away in the league last season (including a 4-1 win at OT)... :laugh:

boabyarsebiscuit

Remind me how the Champions League game at Anfield went.

Do The Dance
Remind me how the Champions League game at Anfield went.

Which one? There's been loads of them.

boabyarsebiscuit
Which one? There's been loads of them.

The one that ended up 3-1 going on 7-1 for Chelsea, that team that are so easy to beat.

gorgie rd eh11
The one that ended up 3-1 going on 7-1 for Chelsea, that team that are so easy to beat.

It's pretty obvious what he's saying, and you know it boaby. They beat chelsea and man. u. home and away in the league, and got a couple of draws with stoke. If they want to win the league they need to grind out wins against all the teams, not just the big boys. FWIW. if i was putting my house on a team to win the E.P.L. it would be chelsea.

Liverpool are very similar to the way Arsenal were when they use to challenge, in that they can raise their game for Man Utd and Chelsea but stumble against lower league opposition. This was Arsenals downfall and it will be Liverpools again this season. Champions fight to the last and grind out results.

boabyarsebiscuit
It's pretty obvious what he's saying, and you know it boaby. They beat chelsea and man. u. home and away in the league, and got a couple of draws with stoke. If they want to win the league they need to grind out wins against all the teams, not just the big boys. FWIW. if i was putting my house on a team to win the E.P.L. it would be chelsea.

A deflected goal at Stamford Bridge and a game that didn't really get that easy even when Alonso fouled Lampard only for Lampard to be red-carded at Anfield.

No doubt Liverpool are a good team who can challenge, and I don't buy into the "weakened by transfers out" comments some pundits are coming up with. But if they do eventually manage to break their 20-year duck in the League this time around, there's no way they'll find it easy. They'll have to earn it.

A deflected goal at Stamford Bridge and a game that didn't really get that easy even when Alonso fouled Lampard only for Lampard to be red-carded at Anfield.

No doubt Liverpool are a good team who can challenge, and I don't buy into the "weakened by transfers out" comments some pundits are coming up with. But if they do eventually manage to break their 20-year duck in the League this time around, there's no way they'll find it easy. They'll have to earn it.

If the replacement for Alonso is any cop, then I think that the title is between Chelsea and Liverpool this year.

United for fourth this year.

Which is why he never said that .. :stuart:

Although Liverpool did beat United and Chelsea both home and away in the league last season (including a 4-1 win at OT)... :laugh:

I think I shall steal a quote of Sir Alex for this one.

"Liverpool had their best season in 2 decades last season, yet still finished 4 points of the pace."

I think I shall steal a quote of Sir Alex for this one.

"Liverpool had their best season in 2 decades last season, yet still finished 4 points of the pace."

Ah but this is their year dont you know, now i'm sure they've never said that before...

Seymour M Hersh

Ah, the very sensitive plastic cockneys are upset again. Poor wee lambs.

To be fair to Torres I'm sure all he was suggesting is it's easy getting "up for" the big games but to win the league you need to "get up for" the lesser teams which LFC have not done in recent years.

boabyarsebiscuit

To be fair to Torres I'm sure all he was suggesting is it's easy getting "up for" the big games but to win the league you need to "get up for" the lesser teams which LFC have not done in recent years.

Troll.

Beat me to it there!! :D

Frankenstein Jambo.

In very Ironic circumstances, M.Owen Will score a last min goal in the final game of the season to snatch the league away from liverpool who earlier only needed a draw agaist everton to win the league.

man utd to win it IMO, think arsenal will be in amongst it this year with Arshavin having a great season.

Jambo, Goodbye

Typical redtop putting words into people's mouths

Yet another reason why nobody should pay attention to these (chippie) papers,

Sometimes it's not even about not getting "Up for" games.

For a long time Manchester united have been playing regularly against teams that turn up thinking that 0-0 would be a great achievement, They're now bloody good at it and won the league.

Manchester United failed to win away against any of the other teams that finished in the top 8 taking 20 points from 42 available. But they took 70 from the other 72 on offer with the home draw against Newcastle being the only points dropped against the bottom 12

It's that ruthless efficiency that saw them worthy champions. Liverpool need to add a bit of that if they're going to make the next step. Arsenal need to add a lot of it.

Beating Manchester United or Chelsea may not be easy in absolute terms but compared to running up an almost perfect record over 24 matches it looks like a doddle.

The difference is, Man U have humped the Liverpools etc.. over the years as well as the pi sh. That`s how they are champs. Liverpool may have beaten Man U twice last season but Man U did defeat other close rivals for the title on the way.

Do The Dance
The difference is, Man U have humped the Liverpools etc.. over the years as well as the pi sh. That`s how they are champs. Liverpool may have beaten Man U twice last season but Man U did defeat other close rivals for the title on the way.

Which brings it round nicely to exactly what Torres said..

Dean Winchester

I take it you never bothered reading the article? Thats exactly what it says....

Nonsense

I take it you never bothered reading the article? Thats exactly what it says....

no, excuse me for that but i was replying to your reply in which you made out as if it WAS easy to beat Man U, Chelsea.

A couple of wins v Man U and Liverpool fans start thinking it`s the norm. Liverpool couldn`t buy a win at OT for years and Man U have a pretty good record at Anfield considering you only go there once a season, and home games normally favour the home team at their level.

Dean Winchester
no, excuse me for that but i was replying to your reply in which you made out as if it WAS easy to beat Man U, Chelsea.

A couple of wins v Man U and Liverpool fans start thinking it`s the norm. Liverpool couldn`t buy a win at OT for years and Man U have a pretty good record at Anfield considering you only go there once a season, and home games normally favour the home team at their level.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did I mention anything beyond last season? I didn't mean to come across as if it was always easy for them to beat Man Utd and Chelsea but last season Liverpool DID play very comfortably against all 3 of the top 4 and where deservedly the only team not too be beaten by any of them in the Premier League.

I don't think anyone really thinks Man Utd or Chelsea are easy games. Noone could ever think that realistically but it is alot easier to build yourself up for the big games and thats all Torres is saying.

Sounds like our JKB Mancs are a bit worried. Surely a more confident retort would be: "Yes Mr Torres but you kept drawing against the bread and butter teams whereas Man Utd beat them". Instead we have knees-jerking, fists pumping and blood pressure racing. And that's just Fergie!!

Archived