70s rock classics

davemclaren

on VH1 classic now....class stuff. Bad Company and now Zep. Brings back the memories... :smiley2:

I hope music is as good as that when I'm in my 40's :D

I hope music is as good as that when I'm in my 40's :D

I doubt it. :smiley2:

However I'm in my 50s. Lynyrd Skynyrd now. :2thumbsup:

70s would have been cool.

80s would have as well.

I think my favorite time to go back and see what was happening would be the 60s though.

Johanes de Silentio
70s would have been cool.

80s would have as well.

I think my favorite time to go back and see what was happening would be the 60s though.

Agree 100% :2thumbsup:

Dagger Is Back

Like every decade though there was some pish around.

Saw Bad Co in1974 at the Odeaon. Superb band.

• 3 months later...
Surely the 80's was the worst decade for music.

There was some good stuff right in tte early eighties.

I'd say that as the worst decade (accepting that a bad decade does not keen all songs were bad) the current one must be in the running.

modern music is mince.

80's gave us The Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, Acid House, The Smiths, Soul 2 Soul, Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Jesus and Mary Chain and a whole lot more.

modern music is mince.

80's gave us The Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, Acid House, The Smiths, Soul 2 Soul, Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Jesus and Mary Chain and a whole lot more.

Yeah.... ....but there was some decent stuff as well. :whistling:

If I could have lived in a decade for the music it would have been the 70s.:o

Yup I lived throo both the sixties & 70's and i must say the best time was late 60's early 70's the rise of Cream,Led Zep,Hendrix and the rest, nights at the Apollo were magic. The main reason i got into music was The Beatles remember as a kid (12) going to see A Hard Days Night at the Playhouse all these young girls screaming at a movie i thought that'll do for me, never quite reached those heights , had my moments mind you. Some good bands came out of the 80's namely The Stone Roses, Smashing Pumpkins etc, unfortunatley music has taken a bit of a dive at the moment IMO.

Never got into Bad Company.Strange though i was a big Free fan.Listening to some Led Zepplin as i type.Heartbreaker from How the West Was One.

Archived