Tony Adams - pished as a fart again (NHR)

Don Juan

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Tony Adams is a weird customer.

Mind he said Wim Jansen had approached him to manage Sellick while he would be director of football ... turned out Jansen hadn't spoken to Adams in years.

Creep.

Midloth_Iain
Bit off topic, but how do i find out the odds of Pompey being relegated?

Corals :

Burnley 8/13 *

Hull 10/11

Birmingham Evs *

Wolves 7/4

Portsmouth 2/1

Wigan 3/1

Stoke 7/2 *

Blackburn 8/1

Bolton 9/1

Sunderland 10/1

Fulham 12/1

West Ham 12/1

* = My picks for going down :smiley2:

Drylaw Hearts
Tony Adams is a weird customer.

Mind he said Wim Jansen had approached him to manage Sellick while he would be director of football ... turned out Jansen hadn't spoken to Adams in years.

Creep.

It was all a dream.

shaun.lawson

Well - if the new owner puts substantial amounts in, sure Pompey could move back into mid-table. As it is, they're set fair for a very hairy season: it's three from Hull, Burnley, Birmingham, Bolton, Stoke, Wolves and Portsmouth I'd say. What he's really wrong about is on the Dutch though. Sure, they're not as good as their terrifyingly brilliant 1974 or 1988 vintages; but last summer, they were quite magnificent at times, and their consistency is formidable.

England might have a number of better known players; but Holland more than match us in how they play as a team. Most people seem to think that from Europe, Spain and ourselves have the best chance of stopping Brazil or Argentina next year, but for me, you have to add the Dutch to that list too. They're very dangerous; and if England get merely a draw tonight, I'll be delighted.

Well - if the new owner puts substantial amounts in, sure Pompey could move back into mid-table. As it is, they're set fair for a very hairy season: it's three from Hull, Burnley, Birmingham, Bolton, Stoke, Wolves and Portsmouth I'd say. What he's really wrong about is on the Dutch though. Sure, they're not as good as their terrifyingly brilliant 1974 or 1988 vintages; but last summer, they were quite magnificent at times, and their consistency is formidable.

England might have a number of better known players; but Holland more than match us in how they play as a team. Most people seem to think that from Europe, Spain and ourselves have the best chance of stopping Brazil or Argentina next year, but for me, you have to add the Dutch to that list too. They're very dangerous; and if England get merely a draw tonight, I'll be delighted.

Even with backing I feel its too late for them. They've lost their entire front line, central midfield pairing, England's first choice RB and are set to lose their best centre back too. Even if they were to replace them now, you can't underestimate how important a pre-season is and the chances of them gelling in time would be very low, if at all.

shaun.lawson
Even with backing I feel its too late for them. They've lost their entire front line, central midfield pairing, England's first choice RB and are set to lose their best centre back too. Even if they were to replace them now, you can't underestimate how important a pre-season is and the chances of them gelling in time would be very low, if at all.

They're definitely in trouble as things stand. I have them going down with Burnley and Hull; but that said, neither Bolton or Birmingham are much cop, and Stoke might fall victim to second season syndrome. The bottom six or seven are, quite simply, crap: it's even made me wonder whether Burnley might surprise everyone and survive.

They're definitely in trouble as things stand. I have them going down with Burnley and Hull; but that said, neither Bolton or Birmingham are much cop, and Stoke might fall victim to second season syndrome. The bottom six or seven are, quite simply, crap: it's even made me wonder whether Burnley might surprise everyone and survive.

You could also add Sunderland to the not much cop list.

shaun.lawson
You could also add Sunderland to the not much cop list.

Can't see them being in any trouble though. Now they have Ellis Short on board, I'd say they're looking towards the top half overall.

Can't see them being in any trouble though. Now they have Ellis Short on board, I'd say they're looking towards the top half overall.

It shows you how poor the English Premiership is then this season.I saw nothing on Saturday to suggest them as a top premier side.Okay it was a friendly but they looked really average at best.

shaun.lawson
It shows you how poor the English Premiership is then this season.I saw nothing on Saturday to suggest them as a top premier side.Okay it was a friendly but they looked really average at best.

It was one game, a friendly, at our place. And how many leagues anywhere aren't distinctly average from halfway down? I can't think of any to be honest.

I'm sure they were right up for playing against us right enough!

I reckon Burnley will do it. Mick McCarthy must be the EPLs worst manager on record, so I can see Wolves joining Hull and Pompey on the way down...

shaun.lawson
I reckon Burnley will do it. Mick McCarthy must be the EPLs worst manager on record, so I can see Wolves joining Hull and Pompey on the way down...

To be fair to Mick, I don't think he's had a team anything like good enough to stay up so far. He does now, and I imagine Wolves will be fine.

Archived