Tickets for the Troops

MMHearts

A good idea for Hearts to involve themselves in this given our history however I hope this will be done low key during games. Let the guys watch the match in peace without half time presentations etc.

Wonder which other SPL teams will also partake?

you got a link? I seem to have missed this.

Read somewhere that Alloa were giving the forces free entry to any match this season, is it the same scheme?

Well done Hearts, very worthwhile cause.

This would appear to be an ideal opportunity for Celtic to prove they are serious about taking on their 'vocal minority', especially as their chairman was complicit in sending the troops into battle.

Are Celtic involved?

jamboinglasgow

This would appear to be an ideal opportunity for Celtic to prove they are serious about taking on their 'vocal minority', especially as their chairman was complicit in sending the troops into battle.

Are Celtic involved?

add to that there are a lot of Celtic fans in the british military. Something some Celtic fans conviently forget.

add to that there are a lot of Celtic fans in the british military. Something some Celtic fans conviently forget.

Absolutely.

ring-of-fire

Are Celtic involved?

I dont know for certain but I would very ver very very much doubt it! They wont even have a minutes silence on the 11/11th so I can see them doing that. Do they have poppys on their shirts like we do at all?

Now I hate Celtic as much as the next man..........but according to todays Sun, they are involved in the scheme too.

The Sun mentions the following clubs/organisations ;

SFA

Cricket Scotland

Hearts

Rangers

Celtic

Aberdeen

Alloa

Falkirk

In England;

Man U

Spurs

Wigan

Arsenal

Universal Music Group

O2 Arena

British Athletics

Frank Warren

Surrey County Cricket Club.

I dont know for certain but I would very ver very very much doubt it! They wont even have a minutes silence on the 11/11th so I can see them doing that. Do they have poppys on their shirts like we do at all?

Don't know. I recall that there were stories on here about their fans abusing collectors outside Tynecastle last season or the season before around remembrance time.

It would be nice if their board put morals before money and led the way.

Edit:I see the list above, fair play to them.

ring-of-fire
Don't know. I recall that there were stories on here about their fans abusing collectors outside Tynecastle last season or the season before around remembrance time.

It would be nice if their board put morals before money and led the way.

Edit:I see the list above, fair play to them.

If thats true I hold my hands up! However only haveing a minutes appluase for rememberance and not a silence is absolutly vile. They should be ashamed of themselves. As fo th fans who abused collection people and tried a walk out in protest of ememberance day they should be lined up and shot by our very own troops:th_o:

john brownlee

No they just pesh on them and kick them about haymarket, vile terrorist loving scourge of football.

should be sweet then for me soon.

although once im in the army i dont think ill mind giving the club i love 25 quid or so.

the troops are minted and get in free haha but yet unemployed people and people earning minimum wage have to cough up.

take it this sort of thing only happens in britain?

Its a very admirable cause but Im none too happy about David Cameron having his slimey wee hands all over it getting the kudos.

Great Idea for HMFC to get involved in, id be happy about get a freebie to watch the Mighty Jamtarts.I had to give up my season ticketwhen i joined up and i try get to as many games home and away as posssible when home and gladly as much as is asked . However i would like to see them take it one step further and possibly offer a forces discount when buying a ticket for a home game. It gets annoying seeing a student discount when the contribution to the UK by our boys/girls in the forces is far far greater.

As for the celtic fans, alot of my friends in the RAF are unfortunately of that persuasion and guys ive served in the gulf with would be thouroughly ashamed of any that would disgrace the fallen heroes!!

the troops are minted and get in free haha but yet unemployed people and people earning minimum wage have to cough up.

Maybe the unemployed could be conscripted to support the lads in Afghanistan and Iraq

Several problems solved at once IMO

GorgieRules1874
hopefully we'll see the guy who was at ibrox last season.

Did anyone find out who that Guy was?

Absolute legend.

Did anyone find out who that Guy was?

Absolute legend.

I think I'm right in saying his unit declined to idenitfy him by name as his current duties were "sensitive in their nature".

Archived