Making progress

Nucky Thompson

Hearts are 'making progress' in their search for a new boss. That's according to Vladimir Romanov's spokesman, Charlie Mann. He's just returned from Lithuania where the Jambos owner also spent nearly three hours with fans representatives. Speaking on Friday Night Football, Mann says Romanov is well aware of the need to give the new manager complete autonomy over team selection...

Speaking on Friday Night Football, Mann says Romanov is well aware of the need to give the new manager complete autonomy over team selection...

No new news then....

:confused:

Nucky Thompson
No new news then....

:confused:

That paragraph is from Friday, but the bit about Charlie Mann returning from Lithuania is new. It gives you a link to listen but I can't get it to work:cool:It keeps coming up error.

How long did it take Hibs to appoint the Pumpkin?

How long did it take Newcastle to get desperate?

I would rather they get the right manager even if this means that he can't buy any players in January. I'd be more than happy for the new manager to bring on some of the youngsters rather than shell out big bucks on desparation signings.

PS - anyone think that CO's involvement in the search for the new Scotland manager might be beneficial to us??

chester copperpot

There was a few things that worried me about Lopez's statement. Hearts clearly are not in a hurry, as he asked for fans patience so we could get in the right man.

I'm sure something similar was said before Ivanuaskas was thrust upon us last time.

Until it happens, I doubt it will happen before season end, if at all.

Dr Ian Malcolm

If its Frail for the rest of the season then so be it - the squad we have really should be good enough to pull away from the St. Mirrens and Kilmarnock's, its not as if we're desperate for players.

Don't understand the panic about Frail being given the job full-time - he can't, he's not qualified. Just because there's managers available now doesn't mean they are right for the job. We've waited the best part of 2 and a half years for a proper manager, another 3 or 4 months isn't the end of thw world.

PS - anyone think that CO's involvement in the search for the new Scotland manager might be beneficial to us??

Absolutely !!!!!

Quite, I'd rather see us get the right manager with no time to sign players than a desperation pick and a heep of panic bought huddies.

This season's pretty much a write-off, barring a decent cup run (can't say I'm holding out too much hope there) - a decent manager with the squad we've got should be enough to avoid relegation. Then sort it right over the summer - clear out the dross, bring in some real talent.

In saying all that, I'd have no qualms about 'someone' taking an executive decision to punt the shyyte that's clogging up the squad right now. You don't need a decent manager to do that.

If its Frail for the rest of the season then so be it - the squad we have really should be good enough to pull away from the St. Mirrens and Kilmarnock's, its not as if we're desperate for players.

Don't understand the panic about Frail being given the job full-time - he can't, he's not qualified. Just because there's managers available now doesn't mean they are right for the job. We've waited the best part of 2 and a half years for a proper manager, another 3 or 4 months isn't the end of thw world.

I think if Frail continues as manager to the end of the season we will be in a scrap over the last 3-4 games to avoid relegation.

Hearts are 'making progress' in their search for a new boss. That's according to Vladimir Romanov's spokesman, Charlie Mann. He's just returned from Lithuania where the Jambos owner also spent nearly three hours with fans representatives. Speaking on Friday Night Football, Mann says Romanov is well aware of the need to give the new manager complete autonomy over team selection...

So it appears Charlie knows exactly as much as any of us on here.

Archived