Now it's offical

JP1874

Glasgow is the laziest city in the UK. According to a report by the Nuffeld Health Fitness Report here is the story in full on sky news website (other sites are available)

Lazy Brits would rather watch a television programme they do not like than get out of their chair to change channels.

A survey by Nuffield Health has been finding out our slobbish habits with some shocking results. Around one in six people said if their remote control was broken, they would continue watching the same channel rather than get up. More than half of the 2,000 adults questioned (59%) would get the lift rather than climb two flights of stairs to their workplace.

And a third (36%) said they would not run to catch a bus.

"If we don't start to take control of this problem, a whole generation will become too unfit to perform even the most rudimentary of tasks," said Dr Sarah Dauncey, medical director of Nuffield Health.

"Ready-meals, remote controls and even internet shopping are all contributing to a dangerously lazy and idle Britain."The nation has fallen into a vicious circle of laziness that we must put a stop to."

The Nuffield Health Fitness Report included a top 10 of the laziest cities, based on how many people admitted they do not exercise at least three times a week.

Glasgow topped the table with 75%, followed by Birmingham and Southampton (both 67%), London (66%), Bristol (64%), Leeds and Newcastle (both 62%), Norwich (60%), Manchester (59%) and Cardiff (58%).

The survey did offer some hope with almost three out of 10 (28%) of respondents saying they would be prepared to step up their fitness regime if they felt it would make them more attractive to their partner.

:10900:

P.S. I've realised i spelt official wrong but you get the point of post

Jam Tarts 1874
Glasgow is the laziest city in the UK. According to a report by the Nuffeld Health Fitness Report here is the story in full on sky news website (other sites are available)

Lazy Brits would rather watch a television programme they do not like than get out of their chair to change channels.

A survey by Nuffield Health has been finding out our slobbish habits with some shocking results. Around one in six people said if their remote control was broken, they would continue watching the same channel rather than get up. More than half of the 2,000 adults questioned (59%) would get the lift rather than climb two flights of stairs to their workplace.

And a third (36%) said they would not run to catch a bus.

"If we don't start to take control of this problem, a whole generation will become too unfit to perform even the most rudimentary of tasks," said Dr Sarah Dauncey, medical director of Nuffield Health.

"Ready-meals, remote controls and even internet shopping are all contributing to a dangerously lazy and idle Britain."The nation has fallen into a vicious circle of laziness that we must put a stop to."

The Nuffield Health Fitness Report included a top 10 of the laziest cities, based on how many people admitted they do not exercise at least three times a week.

Glasgow topped the table with 75%, followed by Birmingham and Southampton (both 67%), London (66%), Bristol (64%), Leeds and Newcastle (both 62%), Norwich (60%), Manchester (59%) and Cardiff (58%).

The survey did offer some hope with almost three out of 10 (28%) of respondents saying they would be prepared to step up their fitness regime if they felt it would make them more attractive to their partner.

:10900:

P.S. I've realised i spelt official wrong but you get the point of post

In a way, it would be good if this lot didn't bother producing any more babies.

Heard that story on the news on Rock Radio earlier.

They had an interview with a weegie whose words were something like - the only exercise I get is when I walk to ma car, know what ah mean like'.

Classic.

Archived