WBA v Newcastle - BBC1 5.20

Ivan Drago

Pleasantly surprised to see this on the tv listings - does anyone know how often there will be Championship games live on the beeb?

The Future's Maroon

Nope, but I was thinking the same earlier today.

Bonus its on though!

Gigolo-Aunt

Hand on heart, I think Newcastle will get raped this afternoon.

Debut couple of goals for Cox.

Nope, but I was thinking the same earlier today.

Bonus its on though!

Sure is. Quite a good season for the BBC to get Championship games as well as there's plenty of big teams in it this season.

Millfield_Mackem

The BBC have won rights to show 10 CCC games this season.

Up the Albion. Do us all a favour and stuff them, to continue their misery. :10900:

Hand on heart, I think Newcastle will get raped this afternoon.

Debut couple of goals for Cox.

We can only hope.

In Cox we trust :th_o:

shaun.lawson

2-0 West Brom. Barton's already had a bust-up with Hughton apparently. Say one thing though: can't see them losing 7-1, at least!

By the way, to answer the OP: I think the Beeb have got ten Championship games this season. It's either ten or twelve, anyway.

Cheers for the info lads, hopefully the 10 games will all be Newcastle ones where they get beat :)

Millfield_Mackem
Cheers for the info lads, hopefully the 10 games will all be Newcastle ones where they get beat :)

:)

I love owt like this, me

Gigolo-Aunt
2-0 West Brom. Barton's already had a bust-up with Hughton apparently. Say one thing though: can't see them losing 6-1, at least!

By the way, to answer the OP: I think the Beeb have got ten Championship games this season. It's either ten or twelve, anyway.

Warren Barton?

What was the bust up over?

LOL

Fair point!

The boy should really change his name to Deacon.

What a fecking nimrod he is.

The Future's Maroon

Not much love for the Toon on here is there!

Can't stand the feckers tbh.

Any fanbase that worships a moron like Alan Shearer deserves everything it gets.

Sexton Hardcastle

Fancy Newcaslte to win.

2-0. For the team they have, even though they struggled in the prem they should be winning games like these.

That was a hell of a clatter the keeper took too.

Geordies had looked quite good up to that point.

shaun.lawson
Correct. :10900:

6488_101870543158649_100000071101348_55456_5136564_n.jpg

What made you choose Sunderland for an English team, Jen? Just curious.

What made you choose Sunderland for an English team, Jen? Just curious.

Pretty long story which involves a lot of things all coming together to make me see sense!

First time I'd ever heard of Sunderland was when Allan Johnston went there. I was too young to really think of players as Judases or anything so I followed his career slightly down there.

Then they got promoted to the Premiership under Reidy and narrowly missed out on Europe with SKP the season's top scorer at which point I found out my Godmother is a born and bred County Durhamer and her and her brothers are massive Sunderland fans so if I ever had to write a birthday of Christmas thank you letter I'd always put some random chat about Sunderland in.

This resulted in me getting sent random little Sunderland things for b'days/Christmas so my connection to the club grew every year.

Had been given a Sunderland scarf by the time we played them at Tynecastle in 2003 so wore that to the match along with my Hearts shirt and attended my first match in the woeful 15-point season.

Lost 3-0 at home to Middlesbrough on a freezing January evening and although it was a horrible, horrible night and season by then I knew Sunderland were definately my team.

Try and get down when I can now but last season every Hearts home match seemed to coincide with the Sunderland home matches. Heading down on the Tuesday night for the Sunderland v Chelsea match before flying to Croatia on Wednesday!

Which, thankfully, I have just realised! Was sorting out travel from Edinburgh but I'll just travel from Sunderland to Manchester for the flight.

So thanks for asking, Shaun!

:stuart:

shaun.lawson
Pretty long story which involves a lot of things all coming together to make me see sense!

First time I'd ever heard of Sunderland was when Allan Johnston went there. I was too young to really think of players as Judases or anything so I followed his career slightly down there.

Then they got promoted to the Premiership under Reidy and narrowly missed out on Europe with SKP the season's top scorer at which point I found out my Godmother is a born and bred County Durhamer and her and her brothers are massive Sunderland fans so if I ever had to write a birthday of Christmas thank you letter I'd always put some random chat about Sunderland in.

This resulted in me getting sent random little Sunderland things for b'days/Christmas so my connection to the club grew every year.

Had been given a Sunderland scarf by the time we played them at Tynecastle in 2003 so wore that to the match along with my Hearts shirt and attended my first match in the woeful 15-point season.

Lost 3-0 at home to Middlesbrough on a freezing January evening and although it was a horrible, horrible night and season by then I knew Sunderland were definately my team.

Try and get down when I can now but last season every Hearts home match seemed to coincide with the Sunderland home matches. Heading down on the Tuesday night for the Sunderland v Chelsea match before flying to Croatia on Wednesday!

Which, thankfully, I have just realised! Was sorting out travel from Edinburgh but I'll just travel from Sunderland to Manchester for the flight.

So thanks for asking, Shaun!

:stuart:

Well, the late 90s would've been a great time to start following the club. There was a real drive and dynamism to that team, and a lot of people forget how well Reid did before it all went pear shaped. It's Bob Murray who was at fault really. Have to say I'm impressed by you fully committing at a time when the team was such a shambles though.

You diced with death last season, but now Ellis Short is involved, the only way is up really. 9th or 10th this season, I suspect. Incidentally, Sunderland and Norwich fans have a long friendship stretching back to the 1985 Milk Cup Final: for a long time, it always seemed to be one or the other of us in the top flight and going well, but you've left us far behind now. :43:

Unlike most people it seems, I loved Delia's drunken "let's be 'avin' yer" speech and I really wanted Norwich to stay up that season. Hopefully you'll swap places with the Mags at the end of the season :10900:

Guest jambomickey
Unlike most people it seems, I loved Delia's drunken "let's be 'avin' yer" speech and I really wanted Norwich to stay up that season. Hopefully you'll swap places with the Mags at the end of the season :10900:

i like you too.:smiley2:

shaun.lawson

At the time, I loved it too - but not now. She's done way too much damage since! As for us swapping places with Newcastle: have you not seen our result today?!

At the time, I loved it too - but not now. She's done way too much damage since! As for us swapping places with Newcastle: have you not seen our result today?!

I can live in hope :10900:

Archived