Juliet Turner

Gorgiewave

Carl Fredrickson

Ive one of her early albums. Irish lass who showed a lot of early promise but never "made it" in the mainstream.

A friend of mine, Yvonne Lyon, was on the same bill as her on Wednesday @ Cabaret Voltaire.

Ive one of her early albums. Irish lass who showed a lot of early promise but never "made it" in the mainstream.

A friend of mine, Yvonne Lyon, was on the same bill as her on Wednesday @ Cabaret Voltaire.

Is good enough in my opinion. I wonder why she never made it big? Too "intimate" maybe?

Carl Fredrickson

I think she is good eough BUT my experience is that as talented as she is (which she is!) her organisational skills and drive aint great. There lies the problem in that when I ran a venue, we wanted to book her and friends of mine who toured with her put us in touch. She was very keen to play but as she was so disorganised, everything had to go through her then manager who was a right Richard.

He wouldnt return calls, messed us about with dates and when we finally got a booking he cancelled at the last minute as she had another "more lucrative" offer.

I heard that Ian Archer (a member of the first Snow Patrol line up) was writing songs for her. Ian is a very talented Irish singer/songwriter too. Could see benefits of them colaborating.

Archived