What do Dinamo Zagreb fans think of us?

dietcoke

Went on their fans 'forum' page and took some posts and put them through google translate:

Hearts. Agresivni ?koti. A svi znamo koliko nam takvi pa?u.

= Hearts. Aggressive Scots. And all of us know how such pasture.

?koti...Bit će čupavo...

=Scots ... It will be rough ...

Dobro, ali ipak bolje nego PAOK, ukratko moglo je bolje al moglo je i gore...

=Good, but still better than PAOK, briefly had better but it could be worse ...

ovi su u svom prvenstvu bili tezak protivnik celticu i glasgowu. gledao sam sve te utakmice na netu. nije ta ekipa slabija od red bulla

=these are in their championship were difficult opponent celtic and Glasgowu. I watched all those games on the net. This team is not weaker than Red Bull

ne i najjači protivnik.

= not the strongest oponent

from what i read most of their fans reckon they can beat us and they wanted hearts of all the teams they could have got! they see us as aggressive scots and they reckon we will be weak without driver! i reckon we can win if we get a good result in zagreb!

scottish_chicP
I've no idea but I reckon being away first is good for us.

Not for me I'm on holiday for the home tie :(

From a dynamo zagred Fan!

IMO you are the worst draw for us. We have a pretty good squad of players, but most of them are unexperienced and play badly against aggressive teams. The only positive thing is we play 2nd game away as at home we are ****. At least in Europe. Our players choke and play like headless chickens. Away we know only to attack and that`s one thing we know how to do. Dinamo is traditionaly ****ty defensive team and pretty good offensively.

Sounds like goood news!!!:punk:

From a dynamo zagred Fan!

IMO you are the worst draw for us. We have a pretty good squad of players, but most of them are unexperienced and play badly against aggressive teams. The only positive thing is we play 2nd game away as at home we are ****. At least in Europe. Our players choke and play like headless chickens. Away we know only to attack and that`s one thing we know how to do. Dinamo is traditionaly ****ty defensive team and pretty good offensively.

Sounds like goood news!!!:punk:

That sounds like music to ones ears.

But realistically' date=' they were the best option - particularly when you hear HOM tell us that their starting 11 does not comprise just Scots, but Euro continentals as well. So as tough as you might think they are, they are not going to come at us donning kilts and war paint, with axes in their hands.

[/quote']

LOL

:10900:

Tommy Wiseau
LOL

:10900:

Spoken like a man who has never seen Kevin James play, that.

Translatoin from their website, including their managers thoughts, make out what you can:

Football? And Dinamo 20th ? e on August maksimirskom stadium to host? Scotland Hearts. The result is that? Drijeba last, a etvrtoga pretkola European league where the Dynamo had the status of the person.

Immediately after the knowledge of our European sljede? opponent coach blue Kruno Jura ia at a press conference he addressed reporters and said her first impressions of nadolaze? our match with edinbur? Kim club.

- I would not be too? E izja? Njavao on the opponent, which is before us, especially because all have the quality. Hearts as a club has a high, European ratings, he is here to? On directly to the final. Regardless of the respect towards the Hearts and? Scotland football, of course, to believe in the passage of the European league? said Jura ia.

Despite the turn toward a new European opponent, bitter taste that was left the last one, yet? not disappeared.

- Of course to play, and pro? Perceived these? Who fall out of Red Bull. We are working to them? Before it comes up, to return to the rhythm before the Salzburg and to establish again odli? no environment? Kruno said before that he sljede? a championship match with Sesvete. About Saturday's meeting in Kranj evi? evoj Kruno trenuta? but most will think? Moving.

- Play championship match, which to us is very important,? Wish to confirm their status in the House em Championship. ? want to maintain? freezing level of performance that we have had, this is important because self-confidence and creating a point difference, which gives us space for a normal preparation for European requirements? Kruno believes that for Sesvetski club to do so is a very expert team with experienced game has nea who will be impressed by Dinamo.

Besides ozlije? informal game like Kova and Slepi? ke, aka Thomas and Thomas and Saturday ? Dinamo will be the standard.

- Against Sesvete ? we start with the strongest of the can with moma adi because there is no reason for? Tedu specific game and? same e Jura ia adding more? and e possibly replace Lovrena in a stage of the game to try combinations of Hearts against which the young stopper for? utog cardboard nea e mo? and play.

What to feel after? To all english clubs ve? ispali from Europe, was one of the journalists' questions.

- I am part of the Croatian football and I have friendly relations with ve? majority of these people and played a. You? Who endure every defeat Croatian football. Especially me shaked situation with Ivica Kalini? em ... I hope that ? is quickly back on the bench, it is now the most is not. ? to others tia, the beach here ra? une massive outflow of the game and changed coaches for every defeat and sli? nog? Lock and a crown that are asked and how he endured criticism that they are following the defeat of Salzburg fragile at the lea there.

- Surprise me and I can only things that can not be predicted, and they expected oa ba? and not? a brief comment saying Dinamo coach.

Another quote from one of their fans...

"We are not so happy with the draw, but it could be much worse. This would not be easy for us because we don't know how to play against teams like yours. Dinamo is not agressive team, but is technically good. Our only hope is to hold the ball. We plays like sh*t at home and draw like 0: or 1:1 would be perfect for us. Guest games are our chance - (In Amsterdam 2:3, In Prague 3:3, in Bremen 2:1 - but we played amazing game, 1:1 in Salzburg, 1:2 in London against Arsenal - we were close)

I'd say that chances are 50/50. It depends how we would play first game."

They have beaten Ajax and Sparta Prague in the last two years.

... and lost to corporate bull**** Red Bull Salzburg :43::57:

shaun.lawson
... and lost to corporate bull**** Red Bull Salzburg :43::57:

As opposed to Communist Party-sponsored bull**** Dinamo Zagreb, you mean? ;)

As opposed to Communist Party-sponsored bull**** Dinamo Zagreb, you mean? ;)
Dinamo was exact opposite of that. Commie party hated us and we hated them... we were and still are very nationalistic club and they didn't like that back in the days. From big4 EXYU clubs Red Star and Dinamo were nationalistic clubs, Hajduk was commie party club and Partizan was military club.

shaun.lawson
Dinamo was exact opposite of that. Commie party hated us and we hated them... we were and still are very nationalistic club and they didn't like that back in the days. From big4 EXYU clubs Red Star and Dinamo were nationalistic clubs, Hajduk was commie party club and Partizan was military club.

In that case, apologies. Is that why the club was so quick to change its name when Croatia gained independence?

Ibrahim Tall
In that case, apologies. Is that why the club was so quick to change its name when Croatia gained independence?

The change to "Croatia Zagreb" was forced by the president, the fans didn't react very well to it IIRC.

shaun.lawson
The change to "Croatia Zagreb" was forced by the president, the fans didn't react very well to it IIRC.

Oh, indeed. But as a nationalistic club, it must've reflected something in their fanbase, if you see what I mean?

Long story... to summarize it... "identity crisis" of our political leadership. Fans never accepted name changed and they've been causing trouble on every single occasion so that UEFA would kick that club out of Europe. Managed to do it twice :punk::mj_zivili:

Also VIP boxes of Croatian president and club officials were burned down multiple times because of that. There were also many boycotts involved... there was barely 10k people on match against Manchester United in Champions League.

Finally on Valentines day in 2000 our name was returned :)

Bert Le Clos

If they check last seasons results surely our record against the OF must get us some kudos?

Oh, indeed. But as a nationalistic club, it must've reflected something in their fanbase, if you see what I mean?
It's very complex.. in Yugoslavia expressing your nationality was sort of banned and Dinamo was symbol of Croats. Our game vs Red Star just before the was is considered by many as actuall begging of conflicts. Many fans went to front line and name changing was consider as backstabbing to all they believed and fought for. We have monument infront of our stadium for all Dinamo fans who died in war. Its very complex.. unless you know political background of ExYu its hard to explain it :)

Another quote from one of their fans...

"We are not so happy with the draw, but it could be much worse. This would not be easy for us because we don't know how to play against teams like yours. Dinamo is not agressive team, but is technically good. Our only hope is to hold the ball. We plays like sh*t at home and draw like 0: or 1:1 would be perfect for us. Guest games are our chance - (In Amsterdam 2:3, In Prague 3:3, in Bremen 2:1 - but we played amazing game, 1:1 in Salzburg, 1:2 in London against Arsenal - we were close)

I'd say that chances are 50/50. It depends how we would play first game."

I have copyright on this one :) ...where's my lawyers number :)

For any Dinamo fans who are reading; watch out for 'Hearts supporters' registering on your websites and talking complete and utter bollocks.

Unfortunately fans of the small team in Edinburgh have a habit of doing this when we play somebody new. They are a bunch of sad barstards who are extremely envious of our (relative) success and think that doing this is hillarious.

shaun.lawson
Long story... to summarize it... "identity crisis" of our political leadership. Fans never accepted name changed and they've been causing trouble on every single occasion so that UEFA would kick that club out of Europe. Managed to do it twice :punk::mj_zivili:

Also VIP boxes of Croatian president and club officials were burned down multiple times because of that. There were also many boycotts involved... there was barely 10k people on match against Manchester United in Champions League.

Finally on Valentines day in 2000 our name was returned :)

Goodness - that's seriously hardcore! Does that mean the fans are better behaved now - and that the club's image owes a lot to that time, which was resolved by the name changing back?

For any Dinamo fans who are reading; watch out for 'Hearts supporters' registering on your websites and talking complete and utter bollocks.

Unfortunately fans of the small team in Edinburgh have a habit of doing this when we play somebody new. They are a bunch of sad barstards who are extremely envious of our (relative) success and think that doing this is hillarious.

Same goes for us.. hordes of internet hooligans embarrass us constantly. I didn't notice such here... yet :)

Goodness - that's seriously hardcore! Does that mean the fans are better behaved now - and that the club's image owes a lot to that time, which was resolved by the name changing back?
Some subgroups of BBB still don't behave but i wouldn't say its bad as it used to be. In all fairness we did have away match ban vs Pyunik and RB and we did have our preseason match against Steaua stopped because of riots (fight of 2 BBB fractions. There shouldn't be problem against you guys tho.. if there will be something it will be between them, not with you.

Same goes for us.. hordes of internet hooligans embarrass us constantly. I didn't notice such here... yet :)

What I meant was that it is fans of our local rivals who register on other teams forums pretending to be Hearts fans and behave like idiots.

Apologies for not making this clearer.

hey Dinamo, bit of a Night Club fan I am, have you heard of Frank McAvennie? I'm a little like him. Could you recommend any night clubs in Zagreb where the burdz (ladies) might be? Also I like techno music, any good techno clubs?

What I meant was that it is fans of our local rivals who register on other teams forums pretending to be Hearts fans and behave like idiots.

Apologies for not making this clearer.

Oh :) I guess you could expect few Hajduk fans in next days who will join here :)

hey Dinamo, bit of a Night Club fan I am, have you heard of Frank McAvennie? I'm a little like him. Could you recommend any night clubs in Zagreb where the burdz (ladies) might be? Also I like techno music, any good techno clubs?
Clubs at the Jarun Lake :)

Shurley Techno Clubs and burdz are two opposing ideals???

well i'm pretty sure no hearts fans want to cause trouble. we are passionate but generally not violent

oh ah grantona
Clubs at the Jarun Lake :)

can you not get kicked out of euro this season make it easy for us say if you are winning 5-0 in first leg just kick off a riot please

can you not get kicked out of euro this season make it easy for us say if you are winning 5-0 in first leg just kick off a riot please

We don't need them to do that to go through. I'm quietly confident! But if we are 5-0 down then that maybe would be an idea!

:D trampish cocks you mean?

AllowayJambo

Long story but in 2001 my work hosted a footie tournament and Zagreb guys came over. Really good bunch of blokes, loved a bevvy but right into their football. At the time they were called Croatia Zagreb but none (and I do mean none) of them referred to the club as anything but Dinamo. Loathed being called Croatia.

Anyway, I liked them and when we played them it was a really physical hard game. They loved it. Some cracking tackles, no quarter asked or given but when the final whistle handshakes and drinking with no ill feeling.

Btw, when you spoke to them about stuff in the Balkans, religion is a big deal. They know their onions about protestant and catholics. (Don't ask which side of the fence they sit)

the kane dog

translation from offical dinamo website

hggtdrsxvyvu;o hhviou pee pee

hearts rivals hibs are p*ssflaps

tcytrxrccvbnuihnn bhjvvk 1902

they have not won the big cup since 1902

hartbftdrtddjhvyuyilvli hans eskillson

hearts have many dangerous players

hghfiiopmmimii;ii;p;mfgf ali mauchlan

and many physical ones too

guycniuioiijhuiogytdrdsjssstshou roddy mcdonald

and have an excellent defence

:sunny:

portobellojambo1
Some subgroups of BBB still don't behave but i wouldn't say its bad as it used to be. In all fairness we did have away match ban vs Pyunik and RB and we did have our preseason match against Steaua stopped because of riots (fight of 2 BBB fractions. There shouldn't be problem against you guys tho.. if there will be something it will be between them, not with you.

Sounds as if it could be a rerun of the game in Rotterdam against Feyenoord. Feyenoord fans were all fighting with each other and getting upset that we were more interested in trying to deplete the cities vodka and beer supplies.

Some people just have there priorities all wrong.

portobellojambo1

It's a hell of a long way to go for a dance, just stick feckin MTV on and sit in the hoose.

grumpyespana

I think the Zagreb supporters all think we get ****ed and go about in skirts.

Grumpy.

maltese jambo

Heard the 'blue oyster' is quite a good one...:10900:

Miller Jambo 60
Went on their fans 'forum' page and took some posts and put them through google translate:

Hearts. Agresivni ?koti. A svi znamo koliko nam takvi pa?u.

= Hearts. Aggressive Scots. And all of us know how such pasture.

?koti...Bit će čupavo...

=Scots ... It will be rough ...

Dobro, ali ipak bolje nego PAOK, ukratko moglo je bolje al moglo je i gore...

=Good, but still better than PAOK, briefly had better but it could be worse ...

ovi su u svom prvenstvu bili tezak protivnik celticu i glasgowu. gledao sam sve te utakmice na netu. nije ta ekipa slabija od red bulla

=these are in their championship were difficult opponent celtic and Glasgowu. I watched all those games on the net. This team is not weaker than Red Bull

ne i najjači protivnik.

= not the strongest oponent

from what i read most of their fans reckon they can beat us and they wanted hearts of all the teams they could have got! they see us as aggressive scots and they reckon we will be weak without driver! i reckon we can win if we get a good result in zagreb!

Up them TBH we are a bigger team

Archived