Zal likes a puff!

CBjambo

Seen Zaliukas the other day at the traffic lights just down from Meggetland (obviously on his way home from training)... anyway he was puffing away on a fag like his life depended on it, still in his training kit!

It was definately a cigarette in his hand (I hope!)

I can't understand why professional sportsman smoke, apart from the fact it is a disgusting habit... it surely has to impare their performances. I know in a bygone era some of the greats have played to high level while on 40 a day. I'm also sure he isn't the only one who smokes at Tynecastle either... but lets say he is made captain for whatever freakish reason Csaba comes up with and he's cruisin the streets in his big white merc with a fag hanging out the car... is that a good image for our captain?!?!

I know I sound like an old woman... but really is it too much to expect our professional footballers who represent the club... to be professionals?

As long as he or any other player for Hearts does well week in week out, he can smoke 400 a day for all i care !

I don't smoke myself and think it's stinking,..

However the more that personal liberties are being squeezed in this free country of ours by the nanny state the more I think people should smoke if they want.

If Zal puffs away then its on his own head. personal choice etc.. As long as he does the business on the park thenwhat he breathes into his own body is his own affair.

As far as potential captain setting an example by not smoking.. How many kids parents smoke and set worse examples by getting pished every night?

I knew guys when I was in the Army who smoked like chimneys yet could still bang out 10/20 milers with 50lb of kit, and stil can 15 years on..

See these old women . . . .

Ha Ha!

I know, I know...

I just didn't like seeing him in his club gear... puffing away like some kind of wealthy ned! It just looked bad... and it wasn't just myself who commented on it it was the people I was with also... just thought it looked pretty tacky for a potential club captain!

Perth to Paisley

Non smoker myself but Luca Vialli smoked like a chimney - could do with him up front!

When it was the Czech guys at the club I seem to remember most on here rightly condemning them.

It will be interesting to see if agendas influence this debate

I do smoke CB and I know exactly what you mean about civil liberties and the nanny state.

However, I also agree about setting a poor example to kids. Dinosaurs like me should be left alone to smoke but we should not be in a position where kids could regard us as role models.

blondejamtart

What we does in his own time may well be his business, but he's still got to remember that he is a professional sportsman and if he's wearing club gear, then to an extent, he's still representing the club and it's hardly the best of examples to set, is it?

What we does in his own time may well be his business, but he's still got to remember that he is a professional sportsman and if he's wearing club gear, then to an extent, he's still representing the club and it's hardly the best of examples to set, is it?

Thanks.

That was my point, whilst I don't want to preach about the evils of smoking... I do think people in a position of influence should be a little more responsible. Whether or not it impares his or whoever's performance it's up to them... just remember what you represent to a lot of people especially the younger ones!

if it was a club car then he may well have broken the law with regards to smoking in enclosed public areas.

he should be rounded up and castrated on the spot before being given a fair trial.

let's lob his knackers off.

I hope he smokes a 20 deck whilst playing against the Hibs and stubs each one out on Riordan's ugly coupon.

Colonel Kurtz

For fecks sake the boy likes a Harry wragg big deal

Dont know what the hand wringers on here would have made of Norrie davidson or malky robertson.

Personally dont care if the boy smokes like a beagle and long as he screws the nut next season

A couple of people on this thread have defended smoking off the pitch as long as the player is doing the business on the pitch. Well, Zaliukas hasn't been doing the business on the pitch either. Why do people keep defending this clown?

Maroon Mayhem

I don't really care that Zaliukas smokes, I certainly won't let it influence me or my kids.

I think the guy is a plum with no self control so him smoking does not really susprise me.

What does suprise me is that he seems one of the fittest guys we have, the comments about Cruyff etc I don't see as relevant as the game is played at a different pace now. How a smoker is able to maintain these levels is quite impressive really.

Miller Jambo 60
Seen Zaliukas the other day at the traffic lights just down from Meggetland (obviously on his way home from training)... anyway he was puffing away on a fag like his life depended on it, still in his training kit!

I can't understand why professional sportsman smoke, apart from the fact it is a disgusting habit... it surely has to impare their performances. I know in a bygone era some of the greats have played to high level while on 40 a day. I'm also sure he isn't the only one who smokes at Tynecastle either... but lets say he is made captain for whatever freakish reason Csaba comes up with and he's cruisin the streets in his big white merc with a fag hanging out the car... is that a good image for our captain?!?!

I know I sound like an old woman... but really is it too much to expect our professional footballers who represent the club... to be professionals?

Thats why no one messes with him , hes a bear:qqb016:

blondejamtart
Thanks.

That was my point, whilst I don't want to preach about the evils of smoking... I do think people in a position of influence should be a little more responsible. Whether or not it impares his or whoever's performance it's up to them... just remember what you represent to a lot of people especially the younger ones!

Exactly - it's one thing for adults to do it through their own free will, but another to influence youngsters.

Miller Jambo 60
I hope he smokes a 20 deck whilst playing against the Hibs and stubs each one out on Riordan's ugly coupon.

Quality mate, think deek will be decked before that.

However the more that personal liberties are being squeezed in this free country of ours by the nanny state the more I think people should smoke if they want.

If Zal puffs away then its on his own head. personal choice etc.. As long as he does the business on the park thenwhat he breathes into his own body is his own affair.

As far as potential captain setting an example by not smoking.. How many kids parents smoke and set worse examples by getting pished every night?

I knew guys when I was in the Army who smoked like chimneys yet could still bang out 10/20 milers with 50lb of kit, and stil can 15 years on..

agreed,...however stupid it may be to be a athlete and a smoker i think so long as he does the buisness on the pitch its ok.heck i smoke and also go for a jog 3-4 times a week....incredibly dumb,but there you go.

A couple of people on this thread have defended smoking off the pitch as long as the player is doing the business on the pitch. Well, Zaliukas hasn't been doing the business on the pitch either. Why do people keep defending this clown?

You must be watching a different Zali than me then.

If you ever see him, tell him he is a clown. I think I can guess who the one leaving with a red nose would be.

If you ever see him, tell him he is a clown. I think I can guess who the one leaving with a red nose would be.

Good adult reply:qqb016:

Seen him smoking a few times.... doesn't bother me in the slightest to be honest.

In fact due to smoking making you cool he's gone up in my estimations.

Zidane, Ginola, Cruyff, Maradona, Gaza, Latapy ... all liked a puff.

Dimitar Berbatov is a sucker for nicotine too.

William Gallas and Wayne Rooney too.

Succession of red cards, open disrespect of Berra's captaincy, lacksadaisical clearances and backpasses, said he doesn't like being here in an interview, a few good games in between but can't maintain consistency. IMO the worst regular centre half I've seen for Hearts in 25 years. Of course I wouldn't say this to his face, has anyone on a football messageboard ever done this? And I don't doubt he would batter me if I did as he tends to lash out whenever anyone breathes near him. I can't stand him, you like him. Fair enough.

My cousin worked in a nursery and looked after Stephane Adam's kid, she said you could always tell when he was coming to collect the kid because of all the smoke coming wafting down the street!!

When it was the Czech guys at the club I seem to remember most on here rightly condemning them.

It will be interesting to see if agendas influence this debate

Why the hell do you insist on posting this kind of absolute guff on just about every single thread on this board ?

Is it any wonder we can't have any sensible kind of debate here when people are posting divisive garbage about agendas etc on a thread about a player having a fecking tab ?

Christ on a frigging bike.

rudi must stay

when we lost Berra it was a huge blow, it was down to him raising his game that our season didn't fall apart IMO. He's a very underrated player, as for him smoking, so did Velicka that didn't stop him being a great player for us.

What he said.

Nookie Bear
when we lost Berra it was a huge blow, it was down to him raising his game that our season didn't fall apart IMO. He's a very underrated player, as for him smoking, so did Velicka that didn't stop him being a great player for us.

You mean the same Velicka that was never quite 100% fit for us???

THAT Velicka?

Sorry, but Zal is supposed to be a highly-paid athlete and looking after yourself is part of that. He might get away with it now, as he is young, but give it a few years and he'll find it harder and harder to maintain those fitness levels.

To be honest it's absolutely shocking thet we call ourselves a professional football club and yet it seems half the squad are puffing away on a regular basis. Total indiscipline, IMO

Why the hell do you insist on posting this kind of absolute guff on just about every single thread on this board ?

Is it any wonder we can't have any sensible kind of debate here when people are posting divisive garbage about agendas etc on a thread about a player having a fecking tab ?

Well said. Jammy T, you are an awful poster.

As for Zaliukas smoking, I couldn't care less, provided that it doesn't affect his ability to defend.

You mean the same Velicka that was never quite 100% fit for us???

THAT Velicka?

Sorry, but Zal is supposed to be a highly-paid athlete and looking after yourself is part of that. He might get away with it now, as he is young, but give it a few years and he'll find it harder and harder to maintain those fitness levels.

To be honest it's absolutely shocking thet we call ourselves a professional football club and yet it seems half the squad are puffing away on a regular basis. Total indiscipline, IMO

Coming from someone who has a picture of 40 spliffs a day Marley on his profile I think thats a bit rich. :sorcerer: :tongue in cheek smiley:

c'mon the jt's

While Zal shoudnt be the captain i am positive that he will be our best cb by a mile this season his anger problems make people forget what a good ch he is. I lost count how many times he would rise above everybody and clear it. he is very dominant in the air.

ps People who are annoyed at him smoking should grow a pair its not affecting his fitness so i fail to see its relevence

dont be such a bloody old sweetie wifey, whats wrong with smoking? Many people really enjoy a fag or 10, especially outside Robbos when u know u can go back in & bounce to some wonderful choon as soon as uv finished!

dont be such a bloody old sweetie wifey, whats wrong with smoking? Many people really enjoy a fag or 10, especially outside Robbos when u know u can go back in & bounce to some wonderful choon as soon as uv finished!

Whoosh.......completely missed the OPs point I think mate.

Anyway, only 4 posts? Can I be the first to call you a hobo?

Hobo.

Whoosh.......completely missed the OPs point I think mate.

Anyway, only 4 posts? Can I be the first to call you a hobo?

Hobo.

May I be the first to correct you:sorcerer:

Nelly Terraces
Stephan Adam liked a good smoke to himself........:th_love:

The French are born with a Gitane hanging from their mouth.

Its my opinion that people on JKB appear to change their opinion of things depending on who or what is up for grabs.

Its that change of focus which ruins debates not me commenting on it - it was a throw away line, treat it as such, if it is particularly contemptable dont draw attention to it.

Its my opinion that people on JKB appear to change their opinion of things depending on who or what is up for grabs.

Its that change of focus which ruins debates not me commenting on it - it was a throw away line, treat it as such, if it is particularly contemptable dont draw attention to it.

Thankfully nobody latched on to your blatant trolling and the thread carried on in the way it was intended.

If only that happened with any of the other numerous threads you and your wee bumchums hijack on a daily basis.

And dont ever tell me what I can and cant fecking do.

portobellojambo1

I have no objection to his smoking, I judge people by what I see on the park. I've only seen Zaliukas once in the 1st team this seaosn so far, that was at Southampton. And it was a case of deja vu, he should have been sent off in that game for deliberately elbowing an opponent in the face.

Shouldn't be club captain, in fact I'd argue that he shouldn't even be in the team.

Archived