Can anyone translate Yank lawyer speak?

Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr

Have a look at this letter the wife received today,and yes, it is gen, we've checked.

Upon the death of blah blah, the trust created under the will of blah blah was to terminate, and distribute out to specific individuals in predetermined percentages. As the named individuals have also passed away, you are receiving this letter as a lineal descendant of the original remainderman.

Depending who your ancestor was will determine what your representative share will be. You are entitled to1/24th share of the trust balance. The market value as of today is $160,465,77. This amount will be further reduced to cover your pro rata share of the final fiduciary expenses and admin costs of terminating the trust.

It is of course the highlighted parts we're interested in, is it 1/24th of $160,465 or is the $160,465 her share?

Its the difference between ?3900 and ?97000.

Have a look at this letter the wife received today,and yes, it is gen, we've checked.

Upon the death of blah blah, the trust created under the will of blah blah was to terminate, and distribute out to specific individuals in predetermined percentages. As the named individuals have also passed away, you are receiving this letter as a lineal descendant of the original remainderman.

Depending who your ancestor was will determine what your representative share will be. You are entitled to1/24th share of the trust balance. The market value as of today is $160,465,77. This amount will be further reduced to cover your pro rata share of the final fiduciary expenses and admin costs of terminating the trust.

It is of course the highlighted parts we're interested in, is it 1/24th of $160,465 or is the $160,465 her share?

I would say that the entire trust (i.e. 24/24ths) is worth $160,465.77, so you're getting the lesser amount!

JamboBannon10
$3900 is the cut

I wouldnt turn my nose up to a 3900 no strings attached even if dollars!

portobellojambo1
$3900 is the cut

Minus fiduciary expenses and admin costs, which will probably leave an amount of around $39.

I P Knightley

It's unclear. My guess would be that they quote the market value of the entire trust, leaving you to work out what one 24th will be (and don't forget the chunk that those weasly bazdurds will take).

That said, if they had been careful with their English (but remember we're talking about Americans here), the sequence of the paragraph would tell you that you're getting a 24th and its value is the $160k; before their slice.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about the latter scenario, though, but as already said, 3 grand out of the blue is not to be sneezed at.

You sure its defo genuine mate? This happened to a family friend a few years back and she was conned out of thousands. She was originally told that a distant family member had died in a fatal plane crash and that she was entitled to a large chunk of there fortune as they were the only immediate family they could trace. Could be completely a different scenario but just thought i would let u know incase this has any relevance to your sitaution?

Doctor FinnBarr
You sure its defo genuine mate? This happened to a family friend a few years back and she was conned out of thousands. She was originally told that a distant family member had died in a fatal plane crash and that she was entitled to a large chunk of there fortune as they were the only immediate family they could trace. Could be completely a different scenario but just thought i would let u know incase this has any relevance to your sitaution?

We think its gen, something to do with her grandfather working for this guy and the family holding company shares at some point. The letters from the National City (a bank) who don't require any bank account details, they'll send out a check (yank spelling).

:sorcerer:

We think its gen, something to do with her grandfather working for this guy and the family holding company shares at some point. The letters from the National City (a bank) who don't require any bank account details, they'll send out a check (yank spelling).

Oh well sounds legiate mate. Just beware though if they start asking for any detail's or any money as i wouldn't like to hear anyone conned like my family friend was. The women's in her 60's and lost her home the lot! If it starts to get a bit more complicated in time give me a shout mate and i'll explain all that happened to my family friend to see if any of it is similar!

Hope all is true though! Could maybe even contributed to shabba's funds for a new striker :hammer:??

I had the honour of phoning a guy yesterday to tell him that his senile old mum has ?100k in an investment which she had forgotten all about! I was very tempted not to! :qqb016:

It sounds pretty good, the only caution I would insert as it has been reported here numerous times is you have to send a certain amount of money to get things in motion. If this becomes the case do not touch it with a barge pole.

Doctor FinnBarr
It sounds pretty good, the only caution I would insert as it has been reported here numerous times is you have to send a certain amount of money to get things in motion. If this becomes the case do not touch it with a barge pole.

Its just ID needed Bob.

So Biker. I take it Mr Blah Blah is / was a genuine family member of you or your missus and the connection is quite legit as you say ?

If it all works out then even ?1500 would be a nice surprise .........be nearly Xmas by the time it's done and dusted too I imagine - sweet :sorcerer:

Doctor FinnBarr
It's a scam. Be very very careful

If its a scam its very good, managing to contact family members in Scotland and England!

:15:

• 4 months later...
Doctor FinnBarr

Just a quick update on this, cheque arrived for ?4321, not the biggy but more than welcome at this time of the year!

Ho Ho feckin Ho indeed.

:santa1::santa1::santa1:

Miller Jambo 60
Just a quick update on this, cheque arrived for ?4321, not the biggy but more than welcome at this time of the year!

Ho Ho feckin Ho indeed.

My begging letter is on the way.

Ho Ho feckin Ho indeed.

Set is aside for any future Save Our Hearts appeal. If you spend on Christmas you are a selfish barsteward. Think of the community.

Set is aside for any future Save Our Hearts appeal. If you spend on Christmas you are a selfish barsteward. Think of the community.

Or perhaps you could donate some of it to buy our resident Romeo some of the pleasure that he couldn't get from the Karma Nights girl? We've got to get him off his mark somehow. :smiliz64:

I P Knightley

Ho Ho feckin Ho indeed.

?4321 before deducting fees for my professional advice in post #7 above. At ?15 per word, I'm prepared to round down (mates rates and all that) to 100 words.

Invoice on it's way.

Enjoy the rest.

The Old Tolbooth
?4321 before deducting fees for my professional advice in post #7 above. At ?15 per word, I'm prepared to round down (mates rates and all that) to 100 words.

Invoice on it's way.

Enjoy the rest.

:santa1:

Enjoy it mate, ya jammy f***** :2thumbsup:

Or perhaps you could donate some of it to buy our resident Romeo some of the pleasure that he couldn't get from the Karma Nights girl? We've got to get him off his mark somehow. :smiliz64:

Aye, but for 4,321 notes she would have to a Brazilian supermodel and for a weekend at least.

Archived